Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is ownweb rebranded to webplot? Or it just leaked customer information to others?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is ownweb rebranded to webplot? Or it just leaked customer information to others?

When I registered on ownweb I used an dedicated email address which never be used anywhere else

But now this email address received promo mail from webplot.co.uk

So I wonder is it a sub-brand of ownweb or it just bought customers information from ownweb?

Comments

• qebaqeba Member

same thing happen, i also received that email.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 2021

Get Web Hosting -> Powerful Box -> Own Web -> WebPlot

EDIT 1: Just noticed that their recent (I think it was yesterday) offer thread has now been deleted because I remember commenting about how their last 3 offer threads were all under different brands/company names.

EDIT 2: Added Powerful Box to the list - thanks _MS_

• LeeLee Veteran

Best avoided is the bottom line.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Hosts sell their email lists for some Steam games all the time.

It's the hallmark of a kiddie host.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited May 2021

@thedp said:
    Get Web Hosting -> Own Web -> WebPlot

Get Web Hosting -> Powerful Box -> Own Web -> WebPlot

Thanked by 1DP
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Get Cheap Storage Hosting -> Mine Chia

Thanked by 2DP Saragoldfarb
  • LeeLee Veteran

Star Services -> ( Get Web Hosting -> Powerful Box -> Own Web -> WebPlot )

• Hi,

I am sorry that this has confused people to enough I have had my provider tag taken away from me for after 6 years with no explanation.

GetWebHosting.co.uk, Ownweb.co.uk and Powerfulbox.co.uk all existed and started at the same time and all shared the same WHMCS installation, people from Lowendtalk and mostly like to recognize GetWebHosting more out of these 3.

GetWebhosting was a cheaper alternative to Powerful Box and Powerful Box was a cheaper alternative for managed services then Own Web. They was all the same company sharing the same WHMCS installation.

Around 6 months ago I added Webplot to the mix for just design services, However I am now using it for hosting services after selling GetWebHosting, OwnWeb and Powerful Box. All those customers that did not want to be transferred got refunds or stayed with WebPlot. Because they shared the same WHMCS installation, they also shared the same mailchimp database, which is why some of you are now getting emails from WebPlot.

I am sorry if people feel that what I have done was dodgy, however it was just my attempt to simplify on what I have made over the years.

• LeeLee Veteran

@starservices said: I have had my provider tag taken away from me for after 6 years with no explanation.

Really, I think you can figure it out without need someone to spell it out.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @Lee said:

@starservices said: I have had my provider tag taken away from me for after 6 years with no explanation.

Really, I think you can figure it out without need someone to spell it out.

Everyone that asked for refunds got refunds I uploaded £2500 to paypal account to honur refunds, wouldn't do that if I was a rip off merchant just for them to close it, their is providers on here that use nulled licenses that not been a member of community half the time I have been.

So yeah, I was shocked to see they removed my provider tag. Their also other providers on here that have done similar things and still have their provider tags, an explanation would of been nice as well as all I can see at the moment its because I was using different brands.

• JioJio Member
    edited May 2021

@starservices said: All those customers that did not want to be transferred got refunds or stayed with WebPlot

How come there is no mention of webplot anywhere in your past "company for sale" thread? It's just people complaining endlessly about lack of refund and allt he clients going to xhosts?

More interestingly, xhosts says "xHosts - Trading As DDOS Protected" with a web page title of "IWEB COMMUNICATIONS", with no company name, so I'm curious how those people ended up...

@starservices said: So yeah, I was shocked to see they removed my provider tag.

I'd imagine if you explained yourself instead of spamming customers that are supposed to have been sold - and therefore out of your database - the staff might not have been woken up to a thread with a hundred reports piled on it.

Were the mods/admins made aware of such changes?

I believe they should be on the receiving end of an "FYI" if you're still offering your services here.

• JioJio Member
    edited May 2021

@thedp said: I believe they should be on the receiving end of an "FYI" if you're still offering your services here.

I don't think they need to be made aware of absolutely everything, but considering the last exit was a mild disaster posting another offer with yet another brand name offering the identical thing the next month is in very bad taste.

@Jio said: don't think they need to be made aware of absolutely everything

Well if there's a change in brand or company name, I think the mods/admins should be notified since they "signed up" as a provider for the tag under a different company and at least if anyone gets confused, they can at least confirm that it has been communicated to them.

But yeah, maybe they don't absolutely need to but I just feel it's something that they should be made aware of.

• ownweb was a good service tbh, Rob just needed a couple support staff. Dude was basically doing everything himself and got burnt out, sadly his approach to shut down ownweb was poorly executed and that basically made us no longer want to do business with him. My advice would be for him to apply for a job at an existing host as he has he relevant knowledge to manage servers and hosting environments

• Why does this remind me of Hosticated? :|

• aliletalilet Member

Get Web Hosting -> Powerful Box -> Own Web -> WebPlot -> ThePlotThickens

• Just be nice for mods to answer my ticket and point out what I done wrong, I done the same as some other providers on here.

Maybe because I wasn't using any nulled WHMCS or not in any special group. Would of been nice to have an explanation after being member for over 6 years or at least answer ticket.

• JioJio Member

why do you think youre so entitled to a provider tag anyway? "taken away from me for after 6 years with no explanation." you've never participated once in any LET thread other than to post your identical weekly ad consisting of ovh or hetzner

• djndjn Member

@starservices said:
    or at least answer ticket.

How about my tickets for a refund that you just ignored like many others

• @Jio said:
    why do you think youre so entitled to a provider tag anyway? "taken away from me for after 6 years with no explanation." you've never participated once in any LET thread other than to post your identical weekly ad consisting of ovh or hetzner

That's not true, I havent in a while but to say I haven't at all is a lie. Its not about entitlement its about being fair, just always obeyed by the rules for having a provider tag even years ago when they was more enforced.

@djn said:

@starservices said:
    or at least answer ticket.

How about my tickets for a refund that you just ignored like many others

Their was a lot of them to deal with and am sorry if I didnt deal with your refund, if you contact me by the site in my signature I get this resolved quickly.

• sandanistasandanista Member
    edited July 2021

@starservices, Xhosts were supposed to take over your OwnWeb clients and honour the original deals..but..

We took over the ownweb services as a gesture of goodwill to their clients to ensure no data or service loss. The prices that had been provided by Own web are not realistic for any company, this is the reason that Own web decided to close or attempt to cancel all clients services. We will be looking to move your package to our standard UK 4GB ram VPS plan which is £20 per month from your renewal date. We are providing you with a minimum of 14 days notice before renewal, if you do not wish to renew at the new price set on the package please submit your request to cancel at the end of your current package.`

lol. From £29.95 a year. At least this whole saga has been a fun ride. Take care.