Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Millenial.Host Launch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Millenial.Host Launch

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
edited May 2021 in Offers

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to announce the launch of our NEW hosting company www.millenial.host.

Yes, that's right, my partner @jayjay and I have decided to go with the cheesiest name we could possibly think of!

What makes Millenial Host different? Why should you choose us?

Millenial Host is a UK registered company, owned and operated by 2 guys... who happen to be Millenials with a poor sense of humor and couldn't think of a better name. But I digress! Let's cut to the chase.

Gone are the days of Fax, phones and even E-mail. We live in an age of social media! Millenial Host is dumping the old ways of communications, and opening up support to mediums people actually want to use. That's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and soon Whatsapp, Telegram, WeChat, once we get our numbers verified. It's the Millenial way!

More Cheesy Stuff - We're on a journey. And this is just the beginning. We plan to document and share our journey over platforms such as Twitter and YouTube. Because who doesn't like watching builds of new servers and setups of networking equipment.

And in keeping the whole 'Millenial' way of doing things, of course we not only accept, but encourage Cryptos of all kinds

OK.. Enough of the intro, and onto the offers.

As a UK based operation, it only makes sense that our very first offer will be of HONG KONG based servers! Because logic! No but seriously, UK will be coming soon. But HK first!

We've got 3 great promotional offers:

HK-KVM-512M
512MB RAM
10GB SSD
1TB Traffic
US$3/month
Order Now

HK-KVM-1G
1GB RAM
25GB SSD
1TB Traffic
US$5/month
Order Now

HK-KVM-1.5G
1.5GB RAM
35GB SSD
1TB Traffic
$7/month
Order Now

HK-KVM-1G-DDoS-Protected
1GB RAM
25GB SSD
250GB Traffic
US$7/month
Order Now

Ping Test:
DDoS Bandwidth - 45.123.188.1
Standard Bandwidth - 45.123.191.1

Setup Time - Immediately after Payment

General stuff applies. No abuse of any kind! So no SPAM, no hacking sites, no warez sites etc. None of that allowed. Rule of thumb is, if it's legal and doesnt attract DDoS, then it's okay! If it's legal but DOES attract DDoS, then you must go for our DDoS Protected plan. If you have to ask, it's probably NOT okay. Abusers will be terminated without notice or refund (especially spammers!).

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Port Speed: 100MBit

Thanked by 3bruh21 Ympker Ganonk

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran

Nice name. Congratulations.

Thanked by 1jayjay
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2021

I click the top link, I did not load, you fucking savage.
    But for some reason, the bottom ones are working.

So no joke? sad.
    Nice to see that these now got SSD's, the HDD's once where to slow to be of any use.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Neoon said: So no joke? sad.

But it is a joke!

But also kind of not. :D

• LeviLevi Member

I thought this is a joke, like mzungu. To much L , can we get boomer.host?

This is just a soft launch. Posting here first to get the absolute most savage feedback we could expect. LET doesn't hold back.

If you're a buyer, consider yourself a beta tester.

@LTniger said:
    I thought this is a joke, like mzungu. To much L , can we get boomer.host?

boomer.host? Just make sure to post your offers on WHT. Full of boomers there. Or just dickheads.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

Well another joke is adding GHz together https://www.millenial.host/index.html (scroll down to select your VPS)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Which DC will you be serving from in UK?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@thedp said:
    Which DC will you be serving from in UK?

Hong Kong DC in London.

• hosthongkong?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2021

It's good to see you are still around mate @randvegeta :) Good luck with the launch!
    I get that UK is not EU anymore, but using social media for customer communication may be troublesome when dealing with EU customers and GDPR, but that's no legal advice or anything. Just wanted to point that out in case that may cause you trouble. The website looks nice, however the "MILLENIALHOST" (in the logo) seems a bit blurred(?!) to me. Maybe have a look ;)
    Also, the privacy policy looks a bit like work in progress. I assume it is not complete yet?

All the best,
    Ympker

Thanked by 2randvegeta jayjay
  • Evan_HEvan_H Member

HK-KVM-1G-DDoS-Protected
    1GB RAM
    25GB SSD
    1TB Traffic
    US$7/month
    Order Now

But the BW is 250GB on the product page.

Thanked by 1jayjay

@Evan_H said:

HK-KVM-1G-DDoS-Protected
    1GB RAM
    25GB SSD
    1TB Traffic
    US$7/month
    Order Now

But the BW is 250GB on the product page.

Yes... That was a mistake on the LET offer side. Corrected it. 250GB is correct.

@Ympker said: Also, the privacy policy looks a bit like work in progress. I assume it is not complete yet?

Isn't it always?

@Neoon said: Hong Kong DC in London.

That's definitely what we will call our UK DC.

@thedp said: Which DC will you be serving from in UK?

Hong Kong DC in London.

@waynechris said: hosthongkong?

Same DC yes.

• hanoihanoi Member

Benchmark & Asia Speedtest please

curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -asia

So you're not sure yet which DC in UK it'll be? :)

@thedp said: So you're not sure yet which DC in UK it'll be?

Not yet. But for sure we'll definitely be having 1 server sitting in Jay's apartment. :D

Thanked by 1DP
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Just wondering: was the (mis)spelling "millenial" intentional? (It should be millennial)

• Evan_HEvan_H Member
    edited May 2021
    Fri 21 May 2021 04:14:17 PM EDT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v6 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3504.010 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 483.3 MiB
    Swap       : 1023.0 MiB
    Disk       : 8.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 30.00 MB/s    (7.5k) | 257.14 MB/s   (4.0k)
    Write      | 30.01 MB/s    (7.5k) | 258.50 MB/s   (4.0k)
    Total      | 60.02 MB/s   (15.0k) | 515.65 MB/s   (8.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 260.93 MB/s    (509) | 257.36 MB/s    (251)
    Write      | 274.80 MB/s    (536) | 274.50 MB/s    (268)
    Total      | 535.73 MB/s   (1.0k) | 531.86 MB/s    (519)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 300 Mbits/sec   | 44.0 Mbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 257 Mbits/sec   | 55.1 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 294 Mbits/sec   | 53.9 Mbits/sec 
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 541 Mbits/sec   | 69.3 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 407 Mbits/sec   | 52.9 Mbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 334 Mbits/sec   | 32.1 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 338 Mbits/sec   | 57.6 Mbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | 32.7 Mbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 907  

It's worth the price and directly connects with AS4134.
    What is your DDoS mitigation capacity for Protected IPs?
    What's more, do you provider BGP session and IPv6?

@angstrom said:
    Just wondering: was the (mis)spelling "millenial" intentional? (It should be millennial)

It could be, since it's also misspelled on their website's "About Us" page.

edited May 2021

@angstrom said:

Jay can't spell and I cant spell check.

Millennial.Host was already taken, and we like the .host extension more than we like correct spelling :D

Thanked by 1jayjay
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@angstrom said:

Defenedly the domain millennial.host is for a aftermarket sale, so probably pricey

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@thedp said:

@angstrom said:

It could be, since it's also misspelled on their website's "About Us" page.

Although it would be kind of silly to misspell it intentionally!

@Evan_H said: What is your DDoS mitigation capacity for Protected IPs?

DDoS Mitigation is >200Gbit. It's supposed to be >1TBit/s but we've never had an attack so large to actually test it. Largest attack I've seen on our network was ~250Gbit. The network remained online, although most of Vietnam couldn't access it as apparently most of the attack originated FROM VN, and the connection out of the country were all congested. But otherwise it was fine. The actual max support I suppose depends on how distributed the attack is

@Evan_H said: And I think Virtualizor always has problems with a speed limit, the download speed needs to be improved.

Yes looks like something is wrong with the download. Although most people actually care about upload speed, so at least that's looking ok.

@Evan_H said: What's more, do you provider BGP session and IPv6?

IPv6, only via HE.net.

We can do BGP, but not at these prices.

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

Hey all!

No massive intro necessary as @randvegeta's done a great job at that. round of applause please :#

I'm the other guy responsible for the host with the cheesiest name ever, speaking of I do love cheese - better if it's from Spain :wink:

Already loving the amount of engagement on this thread, keep it coming!

@jayjay said: cheesiest name ever

And poorly spelled.

@randvegeta said:

@jayjay said: cheesiest name ever

And poorly spelled.

Despite having the cheesiest misspelled name ever, congratulations on launching your new company! :)

Thanked by 2randvegeta jayjay
  • jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@hanoi said:

Benchmark & Asia Speedtest please

curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -asia

Results for Standard and DDoS below

Standard

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 4628  (EXCELLENT)
       Multi Core : 4455

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 136 MB/s
       sha256     : 429 MB/s
       md5sum     : 580 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 3652.3 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 6690.1 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 521 MB/s
       2nd run    : 525 MB/s
       3rd run    : 521 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 522.3 MB/s

## Asia Speedtest.net

Location                         Upload           Download         Ping   
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Nearby                           510.61 Mbit/s    471.00 Mbit/s    4.584 ms
     India, Mumbai (SevenStar)        160.34 Mbit/s    38.56 Mbit/s     96.693 ms
     India, Bengaluru (I-ON)          22.68 Mbit/s     22.74 Mbit/s    219.753 ms
     Sri Lanka, Colombo (Telecom PLC) 170.69 Mbit/s    32.05 Mbit/s     94.643 ms
     Pakistan, Islamabad (Telenor)    99.41 Mbit/s     60.52 Mbit/s    121.893 ms
     Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar (Mobicom)  161.18 Mbit/s    75.74 Mbit/s     57.863 ms
     Bangladesh, Dhaka (Skytel)       104.87 Mbit/s    28.85 Mbit/s     94.800 ms
     Bhutan, Thimphu (Bhutan Telecom) 131.23 Mbit/s    54.43 Mbit/s    126.110 ms
     Myanmar, Mandalay (Ooredoo)      115.18 Mbit/s    69.17 Mbit/s     89.809 ms
     Laos, Vientaine (Mangkone)       117.87 Mbit/s    86.39 Mbit/s     63.140 ms
     Thailand, Bangkok (CAT Telecom)  66.36 Mbit/s     91.12 Mbit/s     51.323 ms
     Cambodia, Phnom Penh (Smart)     260.99 Mbit/s    172.25 Mbit/s    36.714 ms
     Vietnam, Hanoi (Viettel)         289.45 Mbit/s    294.39 Mbit/s    24.917 ms
     Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (Extreme) 304.77 Mbit/s    126.67 Mbit/s    40.502 ms
     Singapore (PT FirstMedia)        258.88 Mbit/s    53.83 Mbit/s     37.065 ms
     Indonesia, Jakarta (Desnet)      170.66 Mbit/s    15.63 Mbit/s     49.665 ms
     Philippines, Manila (Globe Tel)  56.56 Mbit/s     232.25 Mbit/s    22.764 ms
     Hong Kong (fdcservers)           552.08 Mbit/s    159.05 Mbit/s     2.659 ms
     Taiwan, Taipei (TAIFO)           185.45 Mbit/s    81.88 Mbit/s     54.624 ms
     Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther)       225.85 Mbit/s    89.30 Mbit/s     53.656 ms

DDos Protected

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 4415  (EXCELLENT)
       Multi Core : 4230

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 133 MB/s
       sha256     : 409 MB/s
       md5sum     : 567 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 4232.5 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 7099.7 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 503 MB/s
       2nd run    : 503 MB/s
       3rd run    : 504 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 503.3 MB/s

## Asia Speedtest.net

Location                         Upload           Download         Ping   
     Nearby                           88.01 Mbit/s     93.24 Mbit/s     7.132 ms
     India, Mumbai (SevenStar)        17.56 Mbit/s     24.26 Mbit/s    236.451 ms
     India, Bengaluru (I-ON)          18.49 Mbit/s     32.95 Mbit/s    231.698 ms
     Sri Lanka, Colombo (Telecom PLC) 18.68 Mbit/s     9.00 Mbit/s     193.262 ms
     Pakistan, Islamabad (Telenor)    32.27 Mbit/s     60.95 Mbit/s    126.420 ms
     Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar (Mobicom)  19.00 Mbit/s     50.14 Mbit/s    204.908 ms
     Bangladesh, Dhaka (Skytel)       53.60 Mbit/s     77.64 Mbit/s    226.639 ms
     Bhutan, Thimphu (Bhutan Telecom) 35.26 Mbit/s     71.50 Mbit/s    127.818 ms
     Myanmar, Mandalay (Ooredoo)      56.70 Mbit/s     80.18 Mbit/s     92.562 ms
     Laos, Vientaine (Mangkone)       73.87 Mbit/s     66.34 Mbit/s     64.749 ms
     Thailand, Bangkok (CAT Telecom)  76.48 Mbit/s     86.69 Mbit/s     59.019 ms
     Cambodia, Phnom Penh (Smart)     73.60 Mbit/s     90.37 Mbit/s     38.465 ms
     Vietnam, Hanoi (Viettel)         84.48 Mbit/s     89.62 Mbit/s     36.865 ms
     Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (Extreme) 70.19 Mbit/s     89.01 Mbit/s     41.382 ms
     Singapore (PT FirstMedia)        73.18 Mbit/s     89.63 Mbit/s     40.388 ms
     Indonesia, Jakarta (Desnet)      73.10 Mbit/s     76.47 Mbit/s     48.761 ms
     Philippines, Manila (Globe Tel)  62.08 Mbit/s     84.53 Mbit/s     25.355 ms
     Hong Kong (fdcservers)           89.64 Mbit/s     92.56 Mbit/s      3.842 ms
     Taiwan, Taipei (TAIFO)           81.04 Mbit/s     91.57 Mbit/s     29.202 ms
     Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther)       42.97 Mbit/s     87.92 Mbit/s     54.675 ms

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Fucking millenials...

• @randvegeta Are you gonna create a companies for every generation ?

@brueggus said:
    Fucking millenials...

Ok Boomer.

@ben47955 said:
    @randvegeta Are you gonna create a companies for every generation ?

I'm actually working my way through countries as opposed to generations.

Thanked by 1brueggus