Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hazi.ro - let the adventure begin - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hazi.ro - let the adventure begin

Comments

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@yoursunny said: You aren't the first one inventing this approach.

Don't kill me because I've announced an update.
    I didn't said anything about something unique or unbelievable.

Thanked by 2JasonM Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2021

@FlorinMarian said:

@yoursunny said: You aren't the first one inventing this approach.

Don't kill me because I've announced an update.
    I didn't said anything about something unique or unbelievable.

@FlorinMarian Honest and good meant advice: try not to see everything as a personal insult. People here tend to be more tech savy than perhaps the avg. (Gameserver/vps) client. You will win nothing from leashing back at reputable and well known community members here. That is not to say you can't reply but think twice before you do and try to take it as an opportunity to improve. You are 3 young tech students looking to change things and @yoursunny is pushup master around here and knows a lot and likes sharing it (which is good but can be interpretated the wrong way by new ppl). That said, @yoursunny be a bit easy on our newcomers, mate. Happy to see some young ones joining that are not robots ;)

Overall, take all this feedback, sit down together, and try to improve. The LE community can be harsh to newcomers but if you don't start out by making yourself personal enemies and show that you are willing to improve you will find awesome people here :)

Like I said before: Good luck!

P.S.: also former WoM2 player here so I can understand the hype for an old game from 2004 :P Although not perfectly legal, private game servers can be great for drawing young people to programming. I started to code my first website with 12 years and started coding in bash and using linux servers with 13 years because I wanted to create a website for and wanted to host a gameserver on linux :)

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited May 2021

@stefeman said: Why do you suddenly care about some asian niche game which was released in 2004?

Who knows.

(Maybe because I've spent over $10k in the last 30 days just to progress a bit in the game on a licensed server...)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@FlorinMarian I really like the way your website is designed. Also nice documentation there on Hazi-Florin-Marian.css :) I should definitely document my code more.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@stefeman said: Why do you suddenly care about some asian niche game which was released in 2004?

Who knows.

(Maybe because I've spent over $10k in the last 30 days just to progress a bit in the game on a licensed server...)

So others cant enjoy in unlisenced servers because you are too entitled with your 10k? Cry me to river. The reason people play on private servers is cause those have fresh economy. They are there to escape players like you lmao

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said: (Maybe because I've spent over $10k in the last 30 days just to progress a bit in the game on a licensed server...)

I'm not sure what's more pathetic:

• Putting $10K into a pay-to-win game
    • Putting $10K into a pay-to-win game and only making a "bit" of progress
    • Raging that others are enjoying the game without paying $10K
  • @raindog308 said: Raging that others are enjoying the game without paying $10K

This. Because spending money on servers that will close any day (via exit scam or any other way) is good. I know this is the standard on LET nowadays.

@raindog308 said: Putting $10K into a pay-to-win game and only making a "bit" of progress

I just wanted to highlight the amount of money spent on "niche asian games". These unlicensed servers also make plenty, then just close up whenever they feel like.

Anyways, just wanted to warn everyone as always. I've overdone my part here.

• @raindog308 said:

• Putting $10K into a pay-to-win game

"Back in my day, you only had to buy the game to play it."

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@raindog308 said: Raging that others are enjoying the game without paying $10K

This. Because spending money on servers that will close any day (via exit scam or any other way) is good. I know this is the standard on LET nowadays.

@raindog308 said: Putting $10K into a pay-to-win game and only making a "bit" of progress

I just wanted to highlight the amount of money spent on "niche asian games". These unlicensed servers also make plenty, then just close up whenever they feel like.

Anyways, just wanted to warn everyone as always. I've overdone my part here.

We're already off-topic but about game-servers lifetime I have a little mention.
    Gameforge (who owns right of use for Metin2, too) had a game called "BattleField".
    I always tried to find an answer to the question "how they close a "legal" game server?".
    And few months ago I've got an email from them when they announced "BatlteFiled will be closed, itemshp will stay 2 weeks before closing."

And that was all, nothing about refunding or any chance to keep server open.

T&C are made such that way which allows them to do anything with players accounts because they say something like "Player account it's our account but provided from player to use it, without any guarantee". (to allow them to close server, ban player and so on.)

Have fun playing!

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited May 2021

Browser games are coming to EOL, we all know this. If anyone read the terms of service, etc., knows about this. The issue isn't with legal servers closing down, they have every right to do so. It's pointless to continue this topic, we all know why I mentioned this.

@FlorinMarian said:
    Have fun playing!

I will.

• pierrepierre Member

I think reselling from a service without an affiliate program should not be allowed. Server transfers are fine, but just blatantly reselling OVH, SYS, Hetzner, etc. is stupid.

@pierre said:
    I think reselling from a service without an affiliate program should not be allowed. Server transfers are fine, but just blatantly reselling OVH, SYS, Hetzner, etc. is stupid.

Isn't only about this.
    We're selling VPS KVM servers hosted on their infrastructure, and most important fact it's related to OVH IP addresses with their AntiDDoS over Hetzner Hardware.

Also we're selling Shared Hosting, not resell from anyone.

Best regards, Florin.

• pierrepierre Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@pierre said:

Isn't only about this.
    We're selling VPS KVM servers hosted on their infrastructure, and most important fact it's related to OVH IP addresses with their AntiDDoS over Hetzner Hardware.

Best regards, Florin.

Someone sent a SYS link to the exact server you were offering.

@panthera666 said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Clearance offer

Dedicated Server:
    Intel Xeon E5-1620v2
    4 cores / 8 threads
    3.7 GHz - 3.90 GHz boost
    64 GB DDR3 ECC 1600 MHz
    2 x 480 GB SSD
    Connection 1Gbps (250Mbps guranteed)
    Unlimited traffic
    IPv4 addresses: 1 (up to 16 extra IP addresses, 2 euro/IP, one-time fee)

Price: $63/monthly + $27 install fee

Samsare https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=2101sys14

What's this, my friend. I understand you're trying to start off your business, but c'mon now, this is just utterly stupid.

@pierre said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@pierre said:

Isn't only about this.

Best regards, Florin.

Someone sent a SYS link to the exact server you were offering.

@panthera666 said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Clearance offer

Dedicated Server:
    Intel Xeon E5-1620v2
    4 cores / 8 threads
    3.7 GHz - 3.90 GHz boost
    64 GB DDR3 ECC 1600 MHz
    2 x 480 GB SSD
    Connection 1Gbps (250Mbps guranteed)
    Unlimited traffic
    IPv4 addresses: 1 (up to 16 extra IP addresses, 2 euro/IP, one-time fee)

Price: $63/monthly + $27 install fee

Samsare https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=2101sys14

What's this, my friend. I understand you're trying to start off your business, but c'mon now, this is just utterly stupid.

If you take a look on our website you will not find that product shown anywhere.

And about OVH resellers, we're lot of guys doing this, for us ModulesGarden released this module https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/ovh-vps-and-dedicated-servers

Lot of people have no idea not even about using OVH Interface. To resell products giving extra features I guess isn't illegal or imoral.
    This is how things works nowadays when we talk about technology.

Best regards, Florin.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@pierre said:

Hetzner has no Aff program either. Should we ban @seriesn for re-selling them?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2021

@pierre said:

And your problem is... what exactly? If it is exactly the same without any additional value, likely this will reflect in the future performance of the company. If they add extra value, that's great. Even adding an extra payment method like paysafecard (what op mentioned) can be a step forward. When I was little, for my first gameservers I also went to a store to buy paysafecard then look for some host that accepted PSC (even if psc prices were always some extra %) . When I first resold VPS a long time ago, all I did was reselling a prepaid vps provider from Germany (I asked permission) and setup the server for the people who didnt know how to run their gameservers. Be not too quick to judge. There are more niches for offering hosting than you can perhaps imagine; and what may seem no extra value to you may mean a lot of value to others. Just let them set out on their own adventure like the thread title suggests. Even if they fail that doesn't have to be bad. Next time they won't start from zero but from experience (insert famous person and quote).

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian William
  • kwaralalakwaralala Member
    edited May 2021

Don't mind me, but I'm just happy to see this:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Respectfully, Florin.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • bdlbdl Member

HaZiRoGaNg

For a limited time, Budget VPS available with monthly payment.
    https://hazi.ro/cart.php?gid=10

• defaultdefault Veteran

@FlorinMarian said:

If I may, please try to provide Romania. People around here love that country for torrents and VPN with unlimited bandwidth. So, if you could offer it, this should increase your sales.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • ChievoChievo Member

Buy cocius dedi SSD and resell. Profit

Thanked by 1Ympker

@Chievo said:
    Buy cocius dedi SSD and resell. Profit

Tips & Tricks with Chievo xD

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@henix said: business registered in 2014 as "S.C HFM GAMING AREA SRL-D"

Do you even know what an SRL-D is...?

@Ympker said: Although not perfectly legal

They are legal in Europe, if you don't charge your users (thus non commercial). This was already processed through in WoW times - Blizzard lost.

It's a civil case for copyright violation, nothing else.

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Browser games are coming to EOL, we all know this.

Most apps on your phone are nothing more than HTML5/similar (SWIFT) in a sandboxed browser - it's not dead, it just moved.

@dfroe said: Why should anyone buy exactly the same server from you and not directly from OVH/SYS at lower price (and risk)?

Because you can save the VAT if you do it right.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@William said:

@henix said: business registered in 2014 as "S.C HFM GAMING AREA SRL-D"

Do you even know what an SRL-D is...?

@Ympker said: Although not perfectly legal

They are legal in Europe, if you don't charge your users (thus non commercial). This was already processed through in WoW times - Blizzard lost.

It's a civil case for copyright violation, nothing else.

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Browser games are coming to EOL, we all know this.

Most apps on your phone are nothing more than HTML5/similar (SWIFT) in a sandboxed browser - it's not dead, it just moved.

@dfroe said: Why should anyone buy exactly the same server from you and not directly from OVH/SYS at lower price (and risk)?

Because you can save the VAT if you do it right.

Didn't know that. Thanks for chiming in. You know a lot.

That being said, I assume most private server have a donations-shop which could be interpreted as commercial use/charging users, so I'd assume most private servers have a shop like this.

• @Ympker said: That being said, I assume most private server have a donations-shop which could be interpreted as commercial use/charging users, so I'd assume most private servers have a shop like this.

They're built for this...

• FalzoFalzo Member

@default said:

@FlorinMarian said:

If I may, please try to provide Romania. People around here love that country for torrents and VPN with unlimited bandwidth. So, if you could offer it, this should increase your sales.

agreed. as the main sales model seems to be just reselling with some markup, probably easiest to just resell hostsolutions dedis ... oh, wait.

Thanked by 1webcraft

@Falzo said:

@default said:

@FlorinMarian said:

agreed. as the main sales model seems to be just reselling with some markup, probably easiest to just resell hostsolutions dedis ... oh, wait.

You're twice "bad".
    You make cociu crying and me laughing.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@Ympker said: There are more niches for offering hosting than you can perhaps imagine; and what may seem no extra value to you may mean a lot of value to others. Just let them set out on their own adventure like the thread title suggests.

I agree with this. Just few days ago I stumbledupon a site provider who were basically (re)selling cloud site builder from another popular provider and they had a package called 'You build the Site, we clean up the mess' for additional $30 one-time. I asked them what's included: They told me they'll clean up all code/broken html, move JS to footer, clean up header, and minor-tweaking stuff!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Falzo said: probably easiest to just resell hostsolutions dedis ... oh, wait.

Well, I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but during all the unpaid bills with GTS, broken UPS and storage VPS, my dedi I have with them actually had a premium uptime (after lot's of up and downs in the past).

So when following your business plan, one might combine several VPS from storage and ssd product line together with different dedicated servers and build some kind of HA cluster in order to improve overall service availability. :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • LeviLevi Member

Can you go to cociu home and ask him about his health? Community is woried.

Thanked by 1miu
This discussion has been closed.