Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate May Fourth with the RackNerd Star Wars Giveaway! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrate May Fourth with the RackNerd Star Wars Giveaway!

2»

Comments

• @raindog308 said:

@caracal said: But in fairness @raindog308 did mention that ALL providers can sponsor giveaways

All providers can...

• Post offers on LEB
    • Do interviews with us on LEB
    • Offer giveaways
    • Submit a guest post, tutorial, editorial, etc.
    • Submit a press release about new features, offerings, developments, etc.
    • And of course, advertise

We're also open to new ideas as well.

I find it odd when people cry foul when Dustin gets exposure on LET, when it is something that any provider could do also. They just need to reach up and grab it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that a lot of hosts don't have the gift of the gab and will miss out, if they aren't good with sales/marketing.

The most recognised and mentioned providers on these forums have a savvy sales trained representative, some don't and have their own charm too.

My suggestion to all providers is to get some marketing and sales skills. Dustin has said many times that he will help any provider here with anything and from my interactions with him I tend to believe that's genuine.

I would love to see other providers doing this stuff, and they do, but just not as hard.

BTW I've never watched Star Wars.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@dahartigan said:
    I find it odd when people cry foul when Dustin gets exposure on LET, when it is something that any provider could do also. They just need to reach up and grab it.

I find it odd (as far as I remember, but I could be wrong) this is the first time a provider gets their own announcement in LET history (which goes back to 2008). I also find it odd there were 4 other offer threads on the front page today, all bumped by Dustin, even if this is over 6 months old (and all it really takes is someone to say let's do it). And I find it odd they are being featured on LEB a lot more than any other host.

If they are paying for exposure I have nothing against it, if Jon or someone else is somehow related to RackNerd that's also fine. But if that's the case, we all remember (do we?) what happened the last time someone tried to hide the information from the community.

Don't get me wrong, even if I don't have any services with RackNerd, from what I can see Dustin is doing a good job. But they are NOT an established host, they are hardly a year old, and all this is very odd.

• @vedran said:

@dahartigan said:

I find it odd (as far as I remember, but I could be wrong) this is the first time a provider gets their own announcement in LET history (which goes back to 2008). I also find it odd there were 4 other offer threads on the front page today, all bumped by Dustin, even if this is over 6 months old (and all it really takes is someone to say let's do it). And I find it odd they are being featured on LEB a lot more than any other host.

If they are paying for exposure I have nothing against it, if Jon or someone else is somehow related to RackNerd that's also fine. But if that's the case, we all remember (do we?) what happened the last time someone tried to hide the information from the community.

Don't get me wrong, even if I don't have any services with RackNerd, from what I can see Dustin is doing a good job. But they are NOT an established host, they are hardly a year old, and all this is very odd.

This ^^ is the problem. The fact that this ^^ is being pushed like its the best host out there, when we all very well know what happened last time.

• caracalcaracal Member

Has any other host tried to sponsor stuff and get their own sticky?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@vedran said:

@raindog308 said:
    All providers can...

• Post offers on LEB
    • Offer giveaways

Do all providers get an announcement thread on top of LEB post if they do any of those things?
    Is this a paid advertisement?

From our experience, we've been stickied/featured on giveaways that we've contributed to the community. We did this by getting in touch with the admins/mods here on LET/LEB. We didn't ask to be stickied, nor do we expect any special treatment. We believe our giveaways are minimal, and a way of us giving back to the community. We have several more giveaways planned/contributed by the way - so for those looking to win, there's plenty of more chances :)

I'd encourage providers to do the same, give back, stay active, market their brand, think big, don't stay small, and provide service that customers are ultimately happy with so that their business can scale.

@dahartigan said:

@raindog308 said:

@caracal said: But in fairness @raindog308 did mention that ALL providers can sponsor giveaways

All providers can...

• Post offers on LEB
    • Offer giveaways

Don't get me wrong, I understand that a lot of hosts don't have the gift of the gab and will miss out, if they aren't good with sales/marketing.

The most recognised and mentioned providers on these forums have a savvy sales trained representative, some don't and have their own charm too.

My suggestion to all providers is to get some marketing and sales skills. Dustin has said many times that he will help any provider here with anything and from my interactions with him I tend to believe that's genuine.

I would love to see other providers doing this stuff, and they do, but just not as hard.

BTW I've never watched Star Wars.

You're absolutely on point. Everything we do is available to every single provider, and best of all, a lot of these available resources are free. That's the beauty of it.

I feel like LEB/LET mods/admins do their best. Especially when it comes to supporting providers, pushing content, and maintaining a community that we each continue to visit.

I believe at the end of the day, it's a provider's responsibility to be seen, heard, promote, and provide reliable service. For those who need help, I've offered to help, discuss over the phone or in person. I'm always open to learning as well, along with brainstorming ways to grow their/my business. Providers here that actively promote have reached out and we've talked, and they've been professional and thankful. For those who haven't, I'm totally open to it. Just get in touch [email protected]

I invite providers to discuss publicly what they've tried/contributed when it comes to marketing here on LET/LEB and what may have been shot down, ignored, etc. I'd be surprised to see this, as the LEB/LET mods/admins are open.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@caracal said:

I'll sponsor 7 push-ups in honor of a winner selected by raffle.
    Can I get a sticky?

@vedran said:

@dahartigan said:

I can see how it could look that way, but everything we have has been earned.

You'd be surprised that not many "businesses" know how to market, nor care to. Businesses who think business should just come to them without initiative on their end, oftentimes suffer with growth (they stay small) and their finances are impacted.

Jon nor LEB/LET have any ownership of RackNerd - we simply contribute to the community, are very active, and take advantage of the free resources available to providers and promote within the community rules. The only exposure we're paying for (also available to every provider) is the banner advertisements we have on LEB/LET. We have acquired these through buysellads.com

As for bumping threads, I am simply replying to our valued customers who have questions, share desired improvements, desired expansions, and often times positive reviews. We also frequently reply to community members who have interest in our services. There are other "competitor" threads that have existed for months which also are "bumped", and on the first page. We don't see anything wrong with it, the community after all is what drives and keeps content relevant.

I do appreciate you recognizing that we're doing a good job. I believe we as a company have a lot more to do as well. We're working hard over here, delivering awesome service, growing incredibly fast, and committed to long term relationships. We're sincerely appreciative of the community and look forward to being part of it for many more years to come.

@caracal said:

Curious to know this as well :#

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dustinc said:

@caracal said:

Worked with another host...they just couldn't get organized to the point to make it happen. Even did the art for them...it may still happen but it's been many months now.

There were some charity giveaways yeaaaaars ago...one of these days I have to go find that thread and see how we did those because it would be fun to do that again.

Honestly, many providers don't seem to have a marketing plan beyond posting a few ads on forums. Some years ago I posted a question on WHT and LET both and asked "if you had $50K to spend on starting a hosting company, how would you spend the money". The answers were polarized into (a) people who would buy a ton of sweet gear, and (b) people who'd buy only essential gear and spend nearly all of it on acquiring customers. I think (b) is the right answer because it's far harder to attract customers than it is to provision nodes and configure Solus.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

It is constantly lost upon me why more providers don't step up and actively utilize all of the available benefits of LEB and LET. I've got about 20 providers I have on a near constant reminder list to get back to us on interviews, PR pieces, etc, which they have committed to but haven't turned around.

Just going to call it what it is, and that's not prioritizing positive outcomes (for their company and themselves) -- aka, not willing to do the work.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@raindog308 said:

@dustinc said:

@caracal said:

Worked with another host...they just couldn't get organized to the point to make it happen. Even did the art for them...it may still happen but it's been many months now.

There were some charity giveaways yeaaaaars ago...one of these days I have to go find that thread and see how we did those because it would be fun to do that again.

Honestly, many providers don't seem to have a marketing plan beyond posting a few ads on forums. Some years ago I posted a question on WHT and LET both and asked "if you had $50K to spend on starting a hosting company, how would you spend the money". The answers were polarized into (a) people who would buy a ton of sweet gear, and (b) people who'd buy only essential gear and spend nearly all of it on acquiring customers. I think (b) is the right answer because it's far harder to attract customers than it is to provision nodes and configure Solus.

The good news is that it's just a few community members eager to know why we're shining or appear to be favored (which again is understandable from their perspective).

When it's totally nothing more than putting in the work. Sadly providers aren't taking advantage of what available to them, and it's just not limited to the LEB/LET community.

Providers who are looking for more, deserve more. For those that need help, and feel we could be of help, we are open to helping.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan

@jbiloh said:
    It is constantly lost upon me why more providers don't step up and actively utilize all of the available benefits of LEB and LET. I've got about 20 providers I have on a near constant reminder list to get back to us on interviews, PR pieces, etc, which they have committed to but haven't turned around.

Just going to call it what it is, and that's not prioritizing positive outcomes (for their company and themselves) -- aka, not willing to do the work.

That's not only sad but disappointing, at the same time expected. This is common in so many industries.

@dustinc said:

@jbiloh said:

That's not only sad but disappointing, at the same time expected. This is common in so many industries.

I don't want to take this topic too much further away from the Give-a-way (which is awesome, for the record).

That said, I updated these links on LowEndBox today to include links to the page @raindog308 wrote (https://lowendbox.com/blog/providers-partner-with-lowendbox/) about all the free and paid benefits available on LowEndBox and LowEndTalk!

https://lowendbox.com/submit-an-offer/

https://lowendbox.com/about/

Thanked by 2dustinc vedran
  • I've entered the giveaway

• PepePepe Member

Subscribed!

@vladimirlenin said:
    I've entered the giveaway

Good luck!!

@Pepe said:
    Subscribed!

Great! :)

• Thanks for the promo. If the shipping isn't feasible, can the winner get Racknerd account credits?

@attiqfsd said:
    Thanks for the promo. If the shipping isn't feasible, can the winner get Racknerd account credits?

Absolutely, we're open to this 👊

Thanked by 2Ganonk attiqfsd
  • kireonzkireonz Member

I love starwars, but i love mug, cup, and the amazing RackNerd mouse pad :( wish the shipping cost will be down very soon, i really want it so bad
    We’ve double your giveaway 🤣🤣🤣🤟🤟🤟
    @dustinc

• ManuelMManuelM Member

done!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • I am in.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Seems thread on the top will be ignored naturally....

• @vedran said:

@dahartigan said:

He's been working as sales manager in quadranet for years, to some reason he left and established racknerd.

• ghanwarghanwar Member

hope i got it <3

• Count me in

• rgenzonrgenzon Member

Damn I like Racknerd more now

• <3 my racknerd vps's

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Winners to be contacted shortly.

Congratulations to the winners

This discussion has been closed.