Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for provider that doesnt respond to abuse reports - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for provider that doesnt respond to abuse reports

2»

Comments

• @jamespeach said:
    I don't know why so many people here are freaking out. This is a simple request. If you are a host, and this sounds outrageous to you, then simply your company is not a good fit. Move on no big deal. For any hosts that sound like this is fine for you, I recommend contacting the OP directly to avoid unwanted attention.

well said, my friend. i now understand that my request was unrealistic, but i am unsure of why everyone was being so hostile.

• With those requirements and that budget, you're going to end up with extremely low quality and disastrously unreliable - much like a Chinese rocket..

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't have pity for OP. It's the host that is going to suffer. That's why I am hostile.

The dude is basically going to ruin someone's day for 5 bucks.

• @deank said:
    I don't have pity for OP. It's the host that is going to suffer. That's why I am hostile.

The dude is basically going to ruin someone's day for 5 bucks.

once again, it is the host's choice to offer the service that i request. i am not forcing anyone to change their policies in order to host me. i am being very clear about the content that i may be hosting. i still do not understand what the problem is if i am being transparent.

• @jamespeach said:
    I don't know why so many people here are freaking out. This is a simple request. If you are a host, and this sounds outrageous to you, then simply your company is not a good fit. Move on no big deal. For any hosts that sound like this is fine for you, I recommend contacting the OP directly to avoid unwanted attention.

Request is simple but paying less than peanuts for this kind of hosting isn't. No one will contact OP in their right mind for 5 bucks "(preferably under $4)".

• WilliamWilliam Member

@Boogeyman said: Request is simple but paying less than peanuts for this kind of hosting isn't. No one will contact OP in their right mind for 5 bucks "(preferably under $4)".

That.

What OP wants is for me a fairly default service, like yea morally maybe questionable to some(/most/all) but i don't care?

But it's also not a 5$/Month service, at least for me. I also don't like Imageboards because of the CP aspect, the nearly only thing that in the long run will get anyone depeered, so that costs extra and i want some trust in the client (aka bare minimum removing CP when I send a mail, and a valid mail address for that).

The legality is in many countries clear. If i would not limit myself to strictly not use US services i'd host this straightforward with someone like Rackspace, they have lawyers. Like - Physical ones, in an office (well, pre corona). But that also costs.

I'd like to recommend https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/ but not elaborate further (not mine, no commercial relationship).

• syk14syk14 Member

@William said:

@Boogeyman said: Request is simple but paying less than peanuts for this kind of hosting isn't. No one will contact OP in their right mind for 5 bucks "(preferably under $4)".

That.

What OP wants is for me a fairly default service, like yea morally maybe questionable to some(/most/all) but i don't care?

But it's also not a 5$/Month service, at least for me. I also don't like Imageboards because of the CP aspect, the nearly only thing that in the long run will get anyone depeered, so that costs extra and i want some trust in the client (aka bare minimum removing CP when I send a mail, and a valid mail address for that).

The legality is in many countries clear. If i would not limit myself to strictly not use US services i'd host this straightforward with someone like Rackspace, they have lawyers. Like - Physical ones, in an office (well, pre corona). But that also costs.

I'd like to recommend https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/ but not elaborate further (not mine, no commercial relationship).

https://blog.nearlyfreespeech.net/2021/01/19/free-speech-in-2021/

• for $4 what? for $4 maybe a burger is possible.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Not even a good burger, mind you.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@syk14 said:

@William said:

That.

https://blog.nearlyfreespeech.net/2021/01/19/free-speech-in-2021/

lol

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

That has the strong stink of virtue-signaling, but they're right that no one is going to lay down in front of the tanks for $5/mo.

Overall, NFS.net is grossly overpriced for what you get. Their 'free speech' stance isn't really different than a dozen other hosts'. Just smoke and branding.

If OP wants to be the next 4chan, host where 4chan hosts. Or where stormfront.org hosts. Or pick some other controversial site and do like they do.

Though if you're running the whole show on 1 core and 1.5gb of RAM, maybe you should just use prq.se's raspberry pi based hosting until you have a community.

@funy_arabian52 said: gore, loli hentai

You're not really making the world a better place.

• try to host your site by yourself in your pc/laptop maybe? you can decide to ignore dmca claim by yourself

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@raindog308 said: maybe you should just use prq.se's

Nazi content is illegal in Sweden, as is a lot of other things. Good luck even with PRQ - They are for warez, not this.

@raindog308 said: Overall, NFS.net is grossly overpriced for what you get. Their 'free speech' stance isn't really different than a dozen other hosts'. Just smoke and branding.

Their stance does not matter as their DC does not forward abuse.

@raindog308 said: Or where stormfront.org hosts

hello :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

--

• probably the provider won't respond to support tickets either

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @notarobo said:
    probably the provider won't respond to support tickets either

But if anything, at the first danger it will destroy your site without warning =)

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I recommend ServerHub. They need the money and they'll host anyone without prejudice. You could probably run a real red room on the clear internet on their network and they'd still give you a reach around to earn your $5.