Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server that allow explicit contents - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server that allow explicit contents

2»

Comments

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@William said:

@SpryServers_Tab said: Sidenote: I agree with you that it's all or nothing when it comes to the laws of freedom of speech. Those pieces of shit should be able to preach their filth and not be punished for it legally. However, I'm not going to give them a platform to do it.

Actually very nice answer, I understand why you don't want similar and there is other risks (mainly DDoS) also. I fill the niche for few users for what i deem fair compensation of my time/net/etc., like any capitalist should be able to :smile: )

Yeah, and my personal belief is that you should have every right to do so. Yes, part of it is increased risk as well. I'd prefer not to be on Anonymous's hit list. 🤣

• WilliamWilliam Member

I am on so many lists, you learn to live with fear to some extent. I don't live at the address in my ID, my phone is anonymous, company stuff just goes to PO boxes etc.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Dear @Wil.

Do you consider your Tor-fiasco a fond memory?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

No, all around many things were not worth it.

I know i was in the right, both morally and legally, but the law is not that simple, and no fruit of the poisonous tree made things... very complex.

I also believed that it makes sense to argue my case (thinking the gov is.. reasonable... yea...) while i had every option to just leave the country (which i ultimately did anyway) and never return.

I was much happier later running than living in fear. I also made peace with myself long time ago (way before this, and my wife also did) that i will spend considerable (a few years) time in jail in my life, likely for something nobody including myself would expect (no drugs, no IT, like beating someone dead at a party, burning a police station or some shit like UN sanctions that only I can get into because my risk:reward calculation fuzzed out).

I hated the gov before, but after i had nothing left for any authority anymore and moved to a region where the gov is simply not in a place to enforce most laws. Where the gov has to fear its population. You can see it in their eyes at demonstrations here - Western cops back up authority with more cops if needed, here there will be no more cops coming, authority is frowned upon and everyone is armed.

Ultimately this has shown me that crime always has a future, you just need to become more illegal because ultimately the gov will fuck you over anyway. And you need connections to back you up, here more than anywhere else.