Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help - Directadmin Nginx Cache
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help - Directadmin Nginx Cache

UmairUmair Member

Hello,

Anyone here using Directadmin with Nginx server (Nginx stand alone server) and php-fpm is able to use Nginx Cache ??

I am new to DA and I am having time making sense of their document (and forum). Everything they have so far for Nginc Cahe seems to be for when Nginx proxying Apache. And that too is not straight forward.

(I really think DA should do better for their documentation)

Any help here??
I am running a few WordPress sites on the server and Nginx Cache would really help with performance.

Thanks

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

What is your objective here? You can run standalone Nginx/fpm without Apache just fine under DA, just re-configure Custombuild and make it build the suite. You can override any configuration file to make it suit your needs..

• UmairUmair Member

@RickBakkr said:
    What is your objective here? You can run standalone Nginx/fpm without Apache just fine under DA, just re-configure Custombuild and make it build the suite. You can override any configuration file to make it suit your needs..

Objective is to have a working Nginx Cache setup.
    I have already installed Nginx + php-fpm via DA and it's working just fine.
    There is nginx-fastcgi-cache.conf under /etc/nginx/ directory. But there is nothing being cached.

I have looked at their docs but I can't seem to find anything on how to enable nginx fastcgi cache for all sites on the server.

(PS. Plesk seems to have way better GUI for nginx and nginx cache related stuff)

• Im use webinoly script
    it is very easy
    it only takes you 15-30 minutes to master
    Tip: nginx cache is slow, redis cache is fast

• chipchip Member

@Umair said:
    Hello,

Anyone here using Directadmin with Nginx server (Nginx stand alone server) and php-fpm is able to use Nginx Cache ??

I am new to DA and I am having time making sense of their document (and forum). Everything they have so far for Nginc Cahe seems to be for when Nginx proxying Apache. And that too is not straight forward.

(I really think DA should do better for their documentation)

Any help here??
    I am running a few WordPress sites on the server and Nginx Cache would really help with performance.

Thanks

If your using WordPress why are you using nginx? ... from my understanding nginx is really only for static files (serving them much faster than apache)

However anything dynamic has to be passed to something else (another Web server) in order to be generated and served

Many moons ago I used to use varnish Cache and apache and the performance for dynamic WordPress sites was amazing.... however DA doesn't support varnish

• smtalksmtalk Member

@Umair said:

@RickBakkr said:

There is nginx-fastcgi-cache.conf under /etc/nginx/ directory. But there is nothing being cached.

I have looked at their docs but I can't seem to find anything on how to enable nginx fastcgi cache for all sites on the server.

(PS. Plesk seems to have way better GUI for nginx and nginx cache related stuff)

It requires pre-release version of DirectAdmin and a retail Lite/Standard license. That way even if you have Nginx+Apache (nginx as reverse proxy), you may select standalone nginx for any domain. In addition to this you may select one of many CMS templates, including WordPress+FastCGI cache.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • UmairUmair Member

@smtalk said:

@Umair said:

@RickBakkr said:

It requires pre-release version of DirectAdmin and a retail Lite/Standard license. That way even if you have Nginx+Apache (nginx as reverse proxy), you may select standalone nginx for any domain. In addition to this you may select one of many CMS templates, including WordPress+FastCGI cache.

Wow, that looks nice.
    Are you using it ? Is it stable enough to be used ?
    I do have standard unlimited domain license for my server (internal license from my provider).

• smtalksmtalk Member

@Umair said: Are you using it ? Is it stable enough to be used ?

Yes, it should be stable enough :smile:

@Umair said: I do have standard unlimited domain license for my server (internal license from my provider).

This must be a license with the Pro Pack to have it shown in UI. Only retail licenses, or life-time ones with extended support get the Pro Pack at this time. I'd like to note bulk discounts up to -25% off are available (automatically).

• This must be a license with the Pro Pack to have it shown in UI. Only retail licenses, or life-time ones with extended support get the Pro Pack at this time. I'd like to note bulk discounts up to -25% off are available (automatically).

Could you point me in the right direction for Pro Pack installation docs? I have an extended support license and would like to test it out.

Is it advised not to test on top of CloudLinux?

• smtalksmtalk Member

@SmallWeb said:

This must be a license with the Pro Pack to have it shown in UI. Only retail licenses, or life-time ones with extended support get the Pro Pack at this time. I'd like to note bulk discounts up to -25% off are available (automatically).

Could you point me in the right direction for Pro Pack installation docs? I have an extended support license and would like to test it out.

Is it advised not to test on top of CloudLinux?

It should be activated automatically after installation of pre-release binaries :smile: It does not conflict with CloudLinux (native resource limits feature would just be off on CloudLinux boxes).

Thanked by 2MichaelCee Umair