Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated hosting location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated hosting location

Does server location matter in Dedicated hosting?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Does a location of a house matter?

The same answer.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@BudgetVMWinnie said:
    Does server location matter in Dedicated hosting?

Congrats on your first post

Yeah, I am smelling it, too.

He wants the count.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

The answer to your question, would it matter to you?

Same answer.

• I'm asking this when considering factors such as speed and latency which will ultimately impact other crucial things such as SEO. How different would it be if my server is located in Europe than if I opted for one in Asia?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@BudgetVMWinnie said: How different would it be if my server is located in Europe than if I opted for one in Asia?

About 200-250 ms.

Do note that some gamers claim that they can tell the difference between 10ms and 9ms.

Keep that in mind.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@brueggus said:

@BudgetVMWinnie said: How different would it be if my server is located in Europe than if I opted for one in Asia?

About 200-250 ms.

Well it depends on several factors.

SG -> FR/DE/NL can be sub 200ms (150ms-160ms).

• TwdirTwdir Member

Whether it's for a website, blog, eCommerce business, or even gaming, there's no disputing that speed is important when it comes to web hosting. However, many consumers are unaware that the hosting company's data centers' location might directly impact server speed while shopping for a dedicated server. Accuweb hosting offers a wide range of servers in the USA, UK, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, Australia, India, Germany, France, Poland, and the Netherlands. So get your Dedicated Server today.

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Simply put, Yes. But, if a tiny difference doesn't matter to you, then technically no.

• @Twdir said:
    Whether it's for a website, blog, eCommerce business, or even gaming, there's no disputing that speed is important when it comes to web hosting. However, many consumers are unaware that the hosting company's data centers' location might directly impact server speed while shopping for a dedicated server. Accuweb hosting offers a wide range of servers in the USA, UK, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, Australia, India, Germany, France, Poland, and the Netherlands. So get your Dedicated Server today.

Posting in 9 month old threads to advertise your products makes you look like a fool.