Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Object Storage like BackBlaze
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Object Storage like BackBlaze

Hi,
I liked the BackBlaze but only issue I have is that bandwidth, it will cost alot to me as I want to stream the video. I want to stream drama series.
I have seen the Wasabi and Serverica. Wasabi is good, I am thinking of them but want to know if there are other option for me with good bandwidth within my price range.
For Servica, they provide 100mbps which is not good for me, I want at least 1gbps

For my price, I want to get 4-5 TB storage with 8-10TB bandwidth for $20
(I have seen Hatzner too, so please don't recommend it as it is big pricey for me at a moment)

Thanks

Comments

• tester4tester4 Member

That is a very low budget, likely near impossible for object storage.

• @tester4 said:
    That is a very low budget, likely near impossible for object storage.

Can you tell me how cheapest option then?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

not happening. if ya dont wanna pay for bw go with buy VM the storage will be 20-25 USD and you need to get a VM too so 7-14 USD

• @skorupion said:
    not happening. if ya dont wanna pay for bw go with buy VM the storage will be 20-25 USD and you need to get a VM too so 7-14 USD

hmm, I will check them out

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@skorupion said:

hmm, I will check them out

and if servers unavailable then message @Francisco and he may be able to reserve something for you

• cazrzcazrz Member

I have several rbox with 4TB block storage at letbox around $21. Im still waiting for them to restock.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • sanvitsanvit Member

iirc Servarica upgrades to 1Gbps with bandwidth limits if requested?

• arent you get free bandwidth in backblaze if you put it behind cloudflare cdn?

• jahrincjahrinc Member

@sanvit said: iirc Servarica upgrades to 1Gbps with bandwidth limits if requested?

You can select on the panel either 100 mbps unmetered or 1 Gbps 4 TB.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

do you have to do object storage? What about host your own minio?

• TejyTejy Member

Go for Scaleway S3, and to avoid in/out fees, deploy a proxy instance.
    As their instance traffic is unmetered, and as the traffic is free between their product, it could be a good deal.

Thanked by 2yoursunny o_be_one
  • l2o88jl2o88j Member

@adiirfan3004 said:
    arent you get free bandwidth in backblaze if you put it behind cloudflare cdn?

@mhmhmhmhmh This will give you unmetered bandwidth with backblaze

• @adiirfan3004 said:

no, it is only for html. Not for video, audio, etc

• @jahrinc said:

@sanvit said: iirc Servarica upgrades to 1Gbps with bandwidth limits if requested?

You can select on the panel either 100 mbps unmetered or 1 Gbps 4 TB.

exactly

• @ericls said:
    do you have to do object storage? What about host your own minio?

I don't have any yet but I want to buy

• @Tejy said:
    Go for Scaleway S3, and to avoid in/out fees, deploy a proxy instance.
    As their instance traffic is unmetered, and as the traffic is free between their product, it could be a good deal.

They cost €19.27 for 2TB, compared to Wasabi it cost $12 for it. so it is costly than Wasabi

• @l2o88j said:

@adiirfan3004 said:

Unfortunatly not, it allow only html. I read alot about this. it is not for video, audio and other files.
    If it is used then they suspend the account

• l2o88jl2o88j Member

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@l2o88j said:

@adiirfan3004 said:

Unfortunatly not, it allow only html. I read alot about this. it is not for video, audio and other files.
    If it is used then they suspend the account

Gone through few reddit posts and it looks that way.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

It's not as low as your budget, but it's one of the lowest priced solutions out there for object storage. https://www.storj.io/pricing

Thanked by 1lentro
  • Brend4nBrend4n Member

You can use backblaze with cloudflare for free bandwidth. Cloudflare... technically doesn’t allow for streaming; however, 8TB of BW probably wont flag anything.

• Hello71Hello71 Member

only traditional cloudflare has restriction on media streaming. you need to use cloudflare workers which are charged per request.

Thanked by 2yoursunny lentro
  • pacopaco Member

You only need to have a paid cloudflare workers account, you don't actually need to stream through a worker. I only stream audio but my Backblaze bill is around $1.40 a month and $5 for CF while running 400-800GB a month.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@SpryServers_Tab said: It's not as low as your budget, but it's one of the lowest priced solutions out there for object storage. https://www.storj.io/pricing

any one here have used Storj's free plan? Is that reliable? I mean does it come with any limits on de-activating/deleting files from your account if not logged in for certain-time/or any other conditions?

• elixirelixir Member
    edited May 2021

These guys seem to have what you want $20/m for 5TB
    https://netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=1&productGroup=12&product=61

There seem to be some concerns with the longevity of the company so may make sense stick with monthly payment:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171688/netdynamics-llc-backup-storage-plans-in-usa-and-eu-pay-for-two-years-and-get-three

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • Wasabi S3, $23 per month they don't charge any egress fees

• visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

Check with @seriesn or @Francisco for storage server

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • cyagoncyagon Member
    edited June 2021

@seriesn 4TB Storage + 20TB BW $20,80 (annual pricing) https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0 $20,80 (annual pricing).
    But these servers are not recommended for apps like Nextcloud, but what about minio?

• @mhmhmhmhmh said:

@adiirfan3004 said:

since when it only allow html? last time i use backblaze and cloudflare, it's still allow video file

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@cyagon said: But these servers are not recommended for apps like Nextcloud, but what about minio?

I run minio on Nexusbytes' STOR-0.5T, but take care to not run too many uploads at once (on their lower plans at least).

The minio client makes multipart requests to send parts of the file at once, which are then recombined, which stresses out the disk and minio will return 429/500 errors.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited June 2021

@adiirfan3004 said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@adiirfan3004 said:

since when it only allow html? last time i use backblaze and cloudflare, it's still allow video file

You can use Backblaze for video files, but you're not supposed to use Cloudflare for video files unless you use their paid streaming service (although they likely don't care unless you use a lot of bandwidth).