Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panels for automating WordPress hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Panels for automating WordPress hosting?

ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hi Guys,
What panels do you know that helps hosters sell wordpress hosting?
I know that plesk/cpanel and the autoinstallers can do all that, but I was thinking of panels that only do WP?

:)
D

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions

Comments

• CyberPanel ?

• @ditlev said: I was thinking of panels that only do WP?

There are none afaik from a commercial standpoint. However, you can write something your own and it's fairly straightforward unlike general hosting control panels. (I've wrote one for a company and it was really easy to architecture)

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@ditlev Maybe Vepp?
    It's a ISPsystem's product

Don't know if it's still alive. You can contact them.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/155021/vepp-new-server-website-management-software-feedback-needed/p1

Thanked by 1ditlev
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited May 2021

Can recommend gridpane. Been using for over an year.

Someone on a Facebook WP group had developed a wp management interface. It held promise, the guy abandoned the project because of familiar reasons.

Or Webinoly or Wordops.

depending on how you are looking to host.

• LeviLevi Member

There is none specifically designed for hosting providers.

• cazrzcazrz Member
    edited May 2021

I really dont understand why a dev needs a control panel that works only for wp if they can use wp-cli. I was looking for this before but I then later learned base on our clients.

We have made one-click wp launcher which is really easy to do. The only reason they use such panel. They are just too stubborn to use a ftp or filemanager or scp or ssh. So the launcher resolves that.

Staging feature? Most plugins get mess up when you use staging feature. And most clients that uses wp will use 100s of plugins.

IMHO what many need is just a simple panel that is well designed and easy to use for easy management of virtualhost, ssl, php and database. Most of the panels are so bloated that end users/clients dont even use 99% of the features. And most importantly the filemanager. Even if the client is not a developer or does not really touch files, they still look for a hoster with a panel that has filemanager. I bet 99% of cpanel users will leave if you remove the filemanager.

And the filemanager needs to have features like chmod, compress and uncompress. Else its useless to them. Because that's the only purpose to them. Upload wp zip and uncompress. Then chmod folders. If they can do that then the clients are happy.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

“ Wp Hosting “ ranks high in keyword search and many providers can sell at 3x-4x premium using these keywords

• LeviLevi Member

@vyas11 said:
    “ Wp Hosting “ ranks high in keyword search and many providers can sell at 3x-4x premium using these keywords

Word "hosting" in some countries is rated 15$ - 20$ per click.

• AswinAswin Member, Host Rep

Take a look into https://cloudstick.io - it is just not limited to WordPress, you will get one-click installers such as Joomla, NextCloud, PHPmyAdmin.

• cazrzcazrz Member

Sucks I didnt notice, wp hosting sucks, wordpress hosting sucks, w panel sucks as well as wordpress panel sucks. :p lol

• FaiziFaizi Member

@Aswin said:
    Take a look into https://cloudstick.io - it is just not limited to WordPress, you will get one-click installers such as Joomla, NextCloud, PHPmyAdmin.

Looks promising. However the shameless plug did leaves a bad taste.

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

It does seem like VEPP is the only platform out there - though, it's my impression it's no longer in development.

• @ditlev said: It does seem like VEPP is the only platform out there - though, it's my impression it's no longer in development.

Can you actually sell with VEPP? My understanding was you cannot.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@sdglhm said:

@ditlev said: It does seem like VEPP is the only platform out there - though, it's my impression it's no longer in development.

Can you actually sell with VEPP? My understanding was you cannot.

VEPP like as cloudways. You can sell with VM.

• Ragas78Ragas78 Member

@ditlev said:
    Hi Guys,
    What panels do you know that helps hosters sell wordpress hosting?
    I know that plesk/cpanel and the autoinstallers can do all that, but I was thinking of panels that only do WP?

:)
    D

Don't think there is anything specific for WP. But like you said cpanel and plesk maybe. I purchased bluehost india's wp but never got anything of this kind to only sell through anything except these panels. Also, @all does this depend on the hosting service provider?

• Plesk or Apiscp.
    Both have great APIs/cli.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Some of the big Wordpress managed hosting providers just use any shared hosting panel and develop a CLI tool or API that they use to manage Wordpress instances on the node. Things like changing site url, creating dev replicas, image compression etc can all be automated to create a great user experience