Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcing LowEndBoxTV: The Official LowEndBox/LowEndTalk YouTube Channel!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcing LowEndBoxTV: The Official LowEndBox/LowEndTalk YouTube Channel!

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

LowEndBox is pleased to announce the launch of LowEndBoxTV, the official YouTube channel of LowEndBox and LowEndTalk!

This channel will feature

• technical tutorials
  • news and updates from the world of hosting
  • programs highlighting offers on our sites
  • commentary on the hosting industry

We've got a ton of great content coming up in May, including several videos throughout the day today, a video a day for the first week, and videos every other day for the rest of the month.

As we launch our channel, we would appreciate your likes, shares, and above all subscriptions.  We're also interested to know what kind of content you'd like to see - please comment below!

And by the way...how'd you like that phrase "spirited discussion"? :D

Free, Cheap, and Ryzen VPSes, Plus Interviews! LowEndBoxTV Weekend Update for May 1, 2021

Create Your Own Self-Hosted Disposable Webmail with Inbucket

Comments

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited May 2021

@SirFoxy said:
    i vote for a boxing match between @jsg and @TimboJones

This

Not even boxing. Give them half an hour podcast every week. I'd always tune in.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@SirFoxy said:

(a) I'm too ugly for TV (or pretty much anything involving images).
    (b) I would have much better things to offer than a boxing match

@serv_ee said:

You might be surprised but actually I'm not at all interested in winning any kind of match, boxing or discussion, no matter. I just abhor propaganda, lies, and bloody BS.
    Being at that I wish to note that I do not think that @TimboJones is somehow evil; he just happens to trust too much in "authoritative" sources and checks/challenges too little. But I'm quite confident that he really believes what he says and has no ill will. I think we both detest BS and want the truth, each from his own position.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Subscribed.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @serv_ee said:

@SirFoxy said:

Agreed, these 2 would create a great weekly debate show.

Assuming it's your voice @raindog308, well done on the narration. A Walter Cronkite like older authority exuding voice.

Subscribed in hopes of drama.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

True. Weekly debates between jsg and Timbojones would be awesome. This would be great as a weekly show, precisely because of polemics involved.

• noamannoaman Member

Nice initiative

Suggestion
    @yoursunny should make video tutorials. His content is really easy to understand.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Love the YouTube channel concept. Nice one @raindog308

As for guest pod casts... that's a good idea!

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • caracalcaracal Member

Nice; looking forward to some interviews maybe!

Is it me, but does anyone dislike video tutorials as much as I do? I much prefer words and pictures :(

@caracal said:
    Nice; looking forward to some interviews maybe!

Is it me, but does anyone dislike video tutorials as much as I do? I much prefer words and pictures :(

For me it depends on the nature of the tutorial. Sometimes video is better and sometimes not.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Awesome work @raindog308 - this next level stuff :)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@caracal said: Is it me, but does anyone dislike video tutorials as much as I do? I much prefer words and pictures

It depends. Sometimes with written tutorials you can skip forward more easily, or jump to what you need. But if it's something new, a verbal discussion is helpful...and sometimes I listen to technical stuff while I'm doing chores, etc. to maximize my time.

Written tutorials aren't going anywhere but there are people who like video, so we'll be doing both...the real goal of the channel is to draw more people to LEB/LET who maybe have never heard of our sites, so this is a good way to attract an audience.

For those who wanted some drama...well, not really but everyone has a different opinion:

Ranking the VPS Operating Systems Into Tiers!

• GanonkGanonk Member

Subscribed

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Just another place to advertise RackNerd! Oh yeah, thats what we need!

Thanked by 1skorupion

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    Just another place to advertise RackNerd! Oh yeah, thats what we need!

Be sure to subscribe

• CybrCybr Member

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

Isn't that the sole purpose of LET?

@Cybr said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

RackNerd definitely seems to know how to get their brand talked about. Pretty impressive how popular they've become.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @serv_ee said:

@SirFoxy said:

This

That would cut into my TV time. No thanks.

@jbiloh said: RackNerd definitely seems to know how to get their brand talked about.

I actually made a checklist of all the completely free things we're willing to do for companies. @dustinc is very good about taking advantage of every opportunity to promote his brand (as he should be). It's disappointing many other companies are not as serious.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@raindog308 good video with @Francisco BuyVM service. Although you have some issues with the video.
    From 10:00 to 10:43 there is 2 voices speaking at once.
    You blurred out your IP and Name on beginning of video. Second half not blurred
    It appears your ending is missing and restarting the video.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@raindog308 said:

@jbiloh said: RackNerd definitely seems to know how to get their brand talked about.

I actually made a checklist of all the completely free things we're willing to do for companies. @dustinc is very good about taking advantage of every opportunity to promote his brand (as he should be). It's disappointing many other companies are not as serious.

I truly believe all providers should invest in their brand, marketing is so important. LEB/LET are great resources available to every single provider. You guys do such an amazing job with pushing content and helping others too. Love it. Keep up the grind.

• @jbiloh said:

@Cybr said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

RackNerd definitely seems to know how to get their brand talked about. Pretty impressive how popular they've become.

It's definitely impressive how @dustinc has marketed RackNerd here on LET. Above all else, I'm very impressed by how well he's able to maintain professionalism when people are publicly trying to push his buttons.

I think a lot of the providers here could learn a lot from Dustin, particularly the new ones or those who feel that Dustin is "stealing" their customers with his promos..

• @dahartigan said: It's definitely impressive how @dustinc has marketed RackNerd here on LET. Above all else, I'm very impressed by how well he's able to maintain professionalism when people are publicly trying to push his buttons.

Others don't need to buy LET to sell their products...

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@dahartigan said: It's definitely impressive how @dustinc has marketed RackNerd here on LET. Above all else, I'm very impressed by how well he's able to maintain professionalism when people are publicly trying to push his buttons.

Others don't need to buy LET to sell their products...

No one has bought LET or LET.

We do have plenty of great advertisers though:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/leb-let-would-like-to-thank-you-and-our-advertisers/

And most recently:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/thank-you-to-recent-advertisers-onapp-hostsailor-and-crossbox/

All of the free benefits outlined by @raindog308 are available to all providers. And they work! It's totally worth putting the little bit of effort into it. You can read about the list of free benefits available to providers here: https://lowendbox.com/blog/providers-partner-with-lowendbox/

@dahartigan said:

@jbiloh said:

@Cybr said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

It's definitely impressive how @dustinc has marketed RackNerd here on LET. Above all else, I'm very impressed by how well he's able to maintain professionalism when people are publicly trying to push his buttons.

I think a lot of the providers here could learn a lot from Dustin, particularly the new ones or those who feel that Dustin is "stealing" their customers with his promos..

What do you think of the Youtube channel @dahartigan

• pierrepierre Member

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

Thanks for the post! We've doubled your BW.

• @jbiloh said:

@dahartigan said:

@jbiloh said:

@Cybr said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

What do you think of the Youtube channel @dahartigan

It looks good! The voiceover is actually decent, kudos on that!

• Looking forward to the giveaways ✌🏼

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

You got William Lu? I like his rap!

Thanked by 1lentro