Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terrahost Launches 1Gbps Unmetered Dedicated Servers in Norway - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Terrahost Launches 1Gbps Unmetered Dedicated Servers in Norway

2»

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2021

@debaser said: Still doesn't mean that this speed is guaranteed. And even if it is then I'm wondering how much of the time that has to be guaranteed.

Read again. 25% of the line speed is guaranteed - At 250/100 that means 60/25Mbit. This is law, not ISP side.

@debaser said: Also GPON is a shared network, so if all your neighbours decide to get in the hosting market too it won't do well for your connection.

I already calculated for you - We use 10G GPON at 1:80, thus even at full use every subscriber gets 125Mbit dedicated. No plans above 500mbit are offered on GPON.

@the_doctor said: and probably even per ISP in that country

Not here. Again: Our fiber network is owned by the government, not the ISPs. We use a free access model with a fixed cost for backhaul.

@debaser said: I'm wondering when we will see your NAT dedicated servers in Croatia offer.

I have my own IPs and host mostly in Serbia as power is 1/4th the price here. I do not host in the country i live in, never do.

Thanked by 2miu yoursunny
  • @William said:

@debaser said: Still doesn't mean that this speed is guaranteed. And even if it is then I'm wondering how much of the time that has to be guaranteed.

Read again. 25% of the line speed is guaranteed - At 250/100 that means 60/25Mbit. This is law, not ISP side.

So now your 125 Mbps degraded to 25 Mbps. And we don't even know if this 25% is at any given time or a yearly average.

What I can't stand is that you and others here criticize a provider because they're apparently 'too expensive'. Only on the basis that you can get cheap broadband at home. Which is not comparable as you've just confirmed.

Sure you can run some personal services at home, but it's a totally different league.

@the_doctor said: and probably even per ISP in that country

Not here. Again: Our fiber network is owned by the government, not the ISPs. We use a free access model with a fixed cost for backhaul.

Does Croatia have 100% FttH coverage?

Thanked by 2kwaralala Decicus
  • @debaser said:

What I can't stand is that you and others here criticize a provider because they're apparently 'too expensive'. Only on the basis that you can get cheap broadband at home. Which is not comparable as you've just confirmed.

Sure you can run some personal services at home, but it's a totally different league.

Exactly my point.
    +1 for @terrahost

• @debaser said: What I can't stand is that you and others here criticize a provider because they're apparently 'too expensive'.

I do not. This is a great offer and i am also Terrahost customer.

My main complaint is that 165TB on Gbit is, by definition, not unmetered as it is LITERALLY metered.

• @debaser said: Does Croatia have 100% FttH coverage?

All cities and most villages. My in-laws live in the middle of nowhere, in the largest unincorporated county (Kastav) and have FTTH.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@kwaralala said:

@debaser said:

Exactly my point.
    +1 for @terrahost

The pricing looks good to me. However the criticism i can see is "unmetered" vs their fair use policy. Its either unmetered or fair use/share with traffic accounting.

So its either unmetered or

500Mbps / 165TB on gigabit or 2Gbps / 660 TB on 10 gigabit.

A Thing i do find lovely however is that the ratio is specified:
    Port: 1 Gbps (Semi-dedicated, ratio 3.2:1)

So thumbs up for that.

Thanked by 2William kwaralala
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for your feedback everyone. We have advertised 1Gbps Unmetered, so let's keep them that way. No FUP applies to these 1Gbit servers. Enjoy!

• Now its really an unbeatable offer :)

Also, Norwegian is extremely funny if speaking German:

"Dedikert server med fri båndbredde" :D

• AlexvukAlexvuk Member
    edited April 2021

Congrats and i wish you good luck with your new dedis.
    , im interested to order a server for streaming is that allowed ? and whats the matter with DMCA did you forward or ignore or suspend servers ?

• @Alexvuk said:

Congrats your suspension :p :D