Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Control Panel for VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Control Panel for VPS

2»

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

I've used aapanel for a while, and it works alright. The UI is a bit buggy, and some of their first party apps are a bit broken, but it works with LAMP/LEMP, PHP, and SSL certificates just fine.

• Been using Webmin + Virtualmin on all my servers for more than half a decade now. The UI might not be as sleek as other CPs but you can do just about anything without touching the terminal with this combo.

Thanked by 1s12321
  • UnblurredUnblurred Member
    edited November 2022

@Tony40 said:
    I try Cipi, this panel take root privileges.. for me that's danger.. if someone break in, all of the sudden can take full control of the server.

"At the end of installation process, Cipi will show some password that you have to conserve bacause Cipi will disable "root" access so the only way to SSH into your server after Cipi installation as root is using "cipi" user."

Reckon the intended purpose of removing root access in fact is to harden the server. Whether implementing it as a forced feature (vs optional) is debatable I guess.

At the very least would be nice if the documentation stated how to uninstall the panel and restore root access to the server. Maybe a Google fu given but ought to be documented.

Also bumping this as Cipi.sh looks the part in terms of design/UX (https://cipi.sh/docs) but it's obviously a young project by a sole dev. No reddits, reviews and very little background info in general except a bit on github + the website are obvious turnoffs.

Wonder if anybody have any extended experience with Cipi at this point?

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions in this tread. For one I wasn't aware of Keyhelp. Seems nice although the free Moss version seems very appealing as well.

Suggestions: Centminmod (if you're into command line tools anyway)

For Wordpress maybe the free version of Gridpane - also I cannot say from experience though - and no doubt they prefer you on the $50 plan.

Thanked by 1Tony40
  • Doesn't have Nginx, but for me and if you want something that works fine.

Keyhelp control panel for me is one of best. Unfortunately they can be better when they add openlitespeed or nginx and many features in Web server.

But go for it if you are "newbie" or you don't want to waste your time.

• I am really impressed by cloudpanel.
    They are actively under development.
    https://github.com/cloudpanel-io/cloudpanel-ce/releases

But they do not support mail. So, my wordpress websites are unable to send system mails.

• @ravi said:
    I am really impressed by cloudpanel.
    They are actively under development.
    https://github.com/cloudpanel-io/cloudpanel-ce/releases

But they do not support mail. So, my wordpress websites are unable to send system mails.

Install a SMTP plugin and you are fine.

• wow cloudpanel seems so promising.
    i would ditch cyberpanel and move with it if it supports apache/OLS.