Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Looking for] 8 TB NVME + 36 threads + 128 GB ram < 120 eur monthly?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Looking for] 8 TB NVME + 36 threads + 128 GB ram < 120 eur monthly?

Hello, I am looking for specs like below for the same price (<120 eur monthly / 150 usd ):
Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core
RAM: 128 GB DDR4 ECC
2 x 3.84 TB NVMe SSD
1 GBit/s port (I will use about 90 TB monthly, mostly upload)

Purpose: Chia mining (new crypto based on proof of space, made by guys from Bittorent and PGP)

Is it possible to find someting like this Hetzner machine in that budget?
https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax101

Comments

• HakimHakim Member

What's wrong with hetzner?

• @Hakim said:
    What's wrong with hetzner?

Their AX line is completely unavailable,.most servers are deployed in 1 - 2 weeks but this have no ETA. Friend of mine is waiting for his dedi from 3 weeks already and support is not giving him ETA.

• impossible

• HakimHakim Member

@100tb_daily said: Friend of mine is waiting for his dedi from 3 weeks already and support is not giving him ETA.

That's very bad. last year I bought AX41-NVMe which was pre-order too. The server was delivered in 2 days. I thought AX101 might be the same. Looks like it's not.

• @Moofie said:
    impossible

I need something with a significant amount of cores + at least 8 TB of NVME + 1gbps with 90 TB.
    And with a 50% higher budget? It don't need to be Ryzen 9 5950x, it can be an Epyc or Threadripper

• 100tb_daily100tb_daily Member
    edited April 2021

@Hakim said:

@100tb_daily said: Friend of mine is waiting for his dedi from 3 weeks already and support is not giving him ETA.

That's very bad. last year I bought AX41-NVMe which was pre-order too. The server was delivered in 2 days. I thought AX101 might be the same. Looks like it's not.

Probably because of unavailable CPU's
    What is the modeo of NVMe drive that they allocated.for you?
    I heard that some people get Toshibas with only 800 MB/s write.
    Can you share the disk model?

Because of the Chia requirements, I need a very fast scratch drives , provably I will RAID0 them for better results.

• HakimHakim Member

I no longer have that server. The drive was 2*512GB Samsung NVMe. R/W speed was around 2.5/3 GBps.

• @Hakim said:
    I no longer have that server. The drive was 2*512GB Samsung NVMe. R/W speed was around 2.5/3 GBps.

hmm not that bad, thx

• afnafn Member

No one beats Hetzner when it comes to big drives Vs. price.

maybe skynode can help: https://skynode.eu/dedicated

Send them an email and ask for extra drives. I know their pricing for SATA HDD and it's reasonable (even cheaper than extra drives at Hetzner), it won't be as good as a the Hetzner deal (probaly more expensive and weaker cpu), but maybe you can use it for a month or two till Hetzner sorts things out.

Also there is @spectraip they have AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, but it's more expensive specially if you want the extra drives and the extra traffic

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@100tb_daily said:

I may have this in two days if you are still interested in.

• Hetzner made a good and bad decision on bringing in 5950x's.

Low stock, high demand. They're probably rolling in cash from all the new orders/pre-orders.

• ahrtahrt Member
    edited April 2021

@NetDynamics24 said:

@100tb_daily said:

I may have this in two days if you are still interested in.

I am also looking. Keep me updated as well. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170947/looking-for-the-best-bang-for-buck-windows-server-for-around-100-per-month

• FalzoFalzo Member

@pierre said: They're probably rolling in cash from all the new orders/pre-orders.

you are not a Hetzner customer, right? they bill only after provisioning and even more so usually only after the 14 day period in which you can cancel your order for free anyway has passed.

so how should that be 'rolling in cash' then?

Thanked by 2ariq01 pike
  • bobebobe Member

Follow to find such a godsend

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Well, there is a dark side to this kind of mining ( for service providers ). Chia mining uses lots of NVMe resources and it is a good question what quality those drives will be after a short time when the miners will drop those NVMe servers.

A good question is whether it is profitable for service providers.

Thanked by 2NetDynamics24 RIYAD
  • pikepike Veteran

The year is 2021, people started mining crypto on SSDs.

• @Falzo said:

@pierre said: They're probably rolling in cash from all the new orders/pre-orders.

you are not a Hetzner customer, right? they bill only after provisioning and even more so usually only after the 14 day period in which you can cancel your order for free anyway has passed.

so how should that be 'rolling in cash' then?

All fun and games til you get the debt collectors in your mailbox.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@100tb_daily said:
    Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core

We have one available right now:
    https://netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=0&productGroup=10

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2021

@100tb_daily said: Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core

Considering that CPU gets you right now 800-900EUR on ebay you will wait a long time to get one in a server for a reasonable price.

@Falzo said: so how should that be 'rolling in cash' then?

The sales are added to the quarter earnings so it lowers bank interest rates among other things, even if not delivered yet.

But yes, Hetzner does not need the actual cash, just the sales.