Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alexhost is currently unstable
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

alexhost is currently unstable

coelhofamintocoelhofaminto Member
edited April 2021 in Outages

I have about 6 vps in alexhost and all of them are unstable as of last few days.
Even their main website is unstable. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't.

Depending from where you access you may not feel it but if you have visitors/clients accessing from different regions of the world it will be unstable.

Their network is very unstable and slow. Sometimes traceroute can't reach their servers.

Hope it returns to normal.

Comments

• JoeFJoeF Member

I asked at the beginning of the week and they said they were under a ddos attack but it had been resolved. Hopefully service returns to normal soon as they have been solid this past year.

Thanked by 1coelhofaminto
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2021

@coelhofaminto said: I have about 6 vps in alexhost and all of them are unstable as of last few days. Even their main website is unstable. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't.

I have no issues, pumping few 100Mbit out and in 24/7

• @William said:

@coelhofaminto said: I have about 6 vps in alexhost and all of them are unstable as of last few days. Even their main website is unstable. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't.

I have no issues, pumping few 100Mbit out and in 24/7

May I know where are you located? I think this might be regional issues.
    Maybe it is not entirely their fault, maybe some middle network is not working 100%

• @coelhofaminto said: May I know where are you located? I think this might be regional issues.

Croatia, but most of my traffic is Ukraine bound.

• edited April 2021

@JoeF said:
    I asked at the beginning of the week and they said they were under a ddos attack but it had been resolved. Hopefully service returns to normal soon as they have been solid this past year.

With their VPS they advertise self-install VestaCP.
    It's been well documented how unsecure Vesta is and that forks like HestiaCP are much improved.

I'm a fan of @alexhost & wish they wouldn't advertise for crappy VestaCP

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep

Their downstream is going entirely through voxility like it did at Christmas so they must still be under an attack.

• use the v6 connection it looks fine
    only v4 seems affected

• @ApeWeb said: Their downstream is going entirely through voxility like it did at Christmas so they must still be under an attack.

Not for me

4. static-85-94-70-10.rev-addr.terrakom.hr                                                                                                                       0.0%     6   23.7  40.6  23.4 115.0  36.6
     5. 10ge0-7.core2.zag1.he.net                                                                                                                                     0.0%     6   23.4  38.7  22.5 114.6  37.1
     6. 100ge8-2.core1.vie1.he.net                                                                                                                                    0.0%     6   28.8  33.7  28.8  43.1   5.9
     7. (waiting for reply)
     8. 100ge14-2.core1.fra2.he.net                                                                                                                                   0.0%     6   42.1  41.0  40.1  42.1   0.9
     9. 100ge16-2.core1.fra1.he.net                                                                                                                                   0.0%     6   39.5  43.2  39.4  52.1   5.2
    10. 100ge12-1.core1.sto1.he.net                                                                                                                                   0.0%     6   59.2  59.1  57.8  60.8   1.1
    11. 109.239.137.155                                                                                                                                               0.0%     5   71.4  71.8  71.3  72.3   0.5
    12. 10.90.11.1                                                                                                                                                    0.0%     5   72.7  72.2  71.0  72.9   0.8
    13. 10.255.200.9                                                                                                                                                  0.0%     5  100.8 113.4 100.8 134.3  12.7
    14. x x x x                                                                                                                                       0.0%     5  100.5 102.3 100.0 109.0   3.8
  • Confirmed. Not working. Well... it was good while it lasted.

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

Looks to be almost completely down now. Trace shows my my connection in London going to/from Moldova via Russia now rather than voxility in Bucharest.
    https://imgur.com/a/9iPddAO

• I have a route via Latvia-Ukraine from Croatia, it is stable but slow.

Crosses this AS:
    https://bgp.he.net/AS199995#_graph4

Weird.

• vladimirleninvladimirlenin Member
    edited April 2021

I was just thinking to buy their VPS. Are they not good. Shall i go with them or not? Because downtime hurts both the performance of the site & the revenue.

• They are good for Moldova, aside of Trabia one of the best.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

Hello.

AlexHost is under large DDoS Attack in the past days.
    For this reason is unstable.

• donkodonko Member

@sandoz said:
    Hello.

AlexHost is under large DDoS Attack in the past days.
    For this reason is unstable.

Hi @alexhost1 @alexhost2 hope you can find an affordable ddos protection soon

• JoeFJoeF Member
    edited April 2021

@vladimirlenin said:
    I was just thinking to buy their VPS. Are they not good. Shall i go with them or not? Because downtime hurts both the performance of the site & the revenue.

They are one of the best providers I have used and are excellent for Eastern European standards. Although I have not tried their vps product.

Thanked by 1Fritz
  • More than 2 days of downtime... and counting...

• My VPS is accessible and I have nothing to complain about other than their recent a few minutes uptime issues. @default , did you try opening a support ticket?

• xaocxaoc Member

They got any other OS versions/ISO install in the control panel? Cause on their order page i only see outdated stuff like debian 9..

• @xaoc said:
    They got any other OS versions/ISO install in the control panel? Cause on their order page i only see outdated stuff like debian 9..

Yes. They have FreeBSD 12.2, Debian 10, Ubuntu 20.04, CentOS 8.

• xaocxaoc Member

@default said:

@xaoc said:

Thanks, thinking of trying them out, might be good for a VPN as i am also located in RM.

• coelhofamintocoelhofaminto Member
    edited April 2021

still unstable, I got couple servers in another company, it was good as it lasted

• @xaoc said:

@default said:

@xaoc said:

Thanks, thinking of trying them out, might be good for a VPN as i am also located in RM.

It's unstable. If you need stability on that VPN... think about it.

• xaocxaoc Member

@default said:

@xaoc said:

@default said:

@xaoc said:

It's unstable. If you need stability on that VPN... think about it.

Yeah, i can see that, will be watching it for a while and see if things improve. It would work great for my "project" tho, if it was stable. Thanks for the heads up.

edited April 2021

Hello, everyone.

I started this thread a few days ago and had to move temporarily my servers to another provider due to the instability issues.

Today I accessed their page again to check how things were and to my surprise I found that on their index page:

Immediately I thought about adding this to the currently thread to express my support to alexhost and maybe motivate others to do the same and I explain my reasons:

1. Alexhost has been providing an excellent service for me for almost an year;
    2. Always reply fast the tickets and are willing to help and solve problems;
    3. Are very cost benefit;
    4. Accepts cryptocyrrency.

Now that they are under attack is when they need the most our understanding and support.

So I will not only keep my servers and the payments there for another year but I will order a few more services.

I am making this public because I have limited financial resources and I know that alone I will not be able to make much of a difference. But together we can and that is what the internet is about.

DDoS is something that can disrupt the services of anyone and we have to help each other if we want to keep what is good on the internet. Alexhost is an excellent host provider, specially for those who cant afford expensive companies, and I want it to keep its business so I will do what is in my possibility to keep what is good in our world, the internet.

• EddingEdding Member
    edited April 2021

They also removed there DMCA Ingore claim on there Website
    https://alexhost.com/dmca/

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2021

@coelhofaminto - The approach is interesting, however, it's best not to negotiate with terrorists.

Besides, what's to negotiate? Delete a customer simply because an attacker wants this? This way any hacker could blackmail any provider during "objections, claims, disputes". If a provider shows weakness, bending when the wind blows, contacting customers because of some abuser claims, then attackers will take advantage of that provider's character and will terrorize their customers.

A provider must always stand tall with dignity and responsibility, resist against the wind like an oak tree, and fight for their client's privacy and protection, while ignoring hackers and attackers. This is the right approach.

edited April 2021

@Edding said:
    They also removed there DMCA Ingore claim on there Website
    https://alexhost.com/dmca/

any clues on who would want to have alexhost down?
    and apparently they just want to put down... there is no contact asking for money or anything

@default said:
    @coelhofaminto - The approach is interesting, however, it's best not to negotiate with terrorists.

Besides, what's to negotiate? Delete a customer simply because an attacker wants this? This way any hacker could blackmail any provider during "objections, claims, disputes". If a provider shows weakness, bending when the wind blows, contacting customers because of some abuser claims, then attackers will take advantage of that provider's character and will terrorize their customers.

A provider must always stand tall with dignity and responsibility, resist against the wind like an oak tree, and fight for their client's privacy and protection, while ignoring hackers and attackers. This is the right approach.

yes, I agree but I am not sure if their intention is to negotiate. I agree with them when they say dialogue is always the best way.

Even terrorists are human being and everyone should be listened.
    And the word "terrorist" is just a "construction" what does it really mean? What is the difference between a soldier and a terrorist?
    Anyway, here we are not dealing with terorrists we are dealing with hacker with significant power. Nobody is "blowing up buildings".
    That doesnt mean we need to agree with them.

Anyway, my idea is to support Alexhost considering their past. If they end up changing we will change aswell. But so far I think we have to stick to what we know instead of predicting.

But yeah, negotiating with blackmail never works if you cant solve the object of the blackmail

• keep it up Alexhost

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2021

@coelhofaminto said: any clues on who would want to have alexhost down?

Well, if you remember when German police busted Cyberbunker and later some drug markets servers were confiscated in Moldova... guess where...

I assume the customers were also not too happy.

@coelhofaminto said: And the word "terrorist" is just a "construction" what does it really mean? What is the difference between a soldier and a terrorist?

A UN recognised country supporting them, and following protocols of war. Terrorists do not have either.

@coelhofaminto said: Even terrorists are human being and everyone should be listened.

You are clearly from a country that has no wars or inner conflicts. As Israeli we don't talk with terrorists - We send jets.

Most crime ISPs nowadays are just pussies. Back when i got hard DDoS in Turkey 2011 (causing MAJOR issues for the DC) i simply acquired a bigger botnet and ruined the competition that caused it.

Somebody hits you? Hit back. Harder. Unfair if need. Smash with a stone. Just like IRL.

You are on the loosing end? Dox them. Call their local gov and accuse them of supporting terrorists or $group_enemy_with_country. Rent a server and spread malware. Rent a server and attack their local gov or upstream.

Pussies with no creativity. If you loose you need to be more illegal, not more legal.