Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest E3s that are in stock?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest E3s that are in stock?

OVH is out of stock.
Online.net has for 30 EUR.
Any cheaper?

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

check WSI

they had a few options..

• Cheaper than 30EUR? Get real :)

• 30 EUR. Any cheaper?

Practicing to be a standup comedian? :)

Leaseweb has some E3-1220 in Germany for €49 (base configuration is 4GB RAM, single drive http://www.leaseweb.com/en/dedicated-servers/single-processor-servers/configurator/6818). After that the cheapest in Europe (with current stock) is probably Seflow in the low €70's range for E3-1230's

If you want US E3's, check the offers section (at WHT). There's a bunch in the $60-$80 price range.

If you're willing to substitute an i7 for an E3, Seflow has an i7-950, 12Gb RAM, 2x500GB HD for €35, no setup fee <--only 1 in stock, grab it quick if you want it

• Seems Hetzner has the best value for buck by offering i7 4770's for 40 EUR while Online.net has E3 1220 v2 which is 30 EUR, OVH's KS16 is getting provisioned with a E3 1225 v2 which is 20 EUR

The only drawback is the 85 EUR setup fee of Hetzner. However, they have 40 EUR i7 3770's with no setup fee at Serverbidding.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited September 2013

i3d has a deal on there E3's i beleive 39Euro

Edit -- Found it
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1301281&highlight=i3d

• @Reece said:
    i3d has a deal on there E3's i beleive 39Euro

Edit -- Found it
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1301281&highlight=i3d

Yeah but they are first generation E3 1230's. So the best option there is Hetzner's 40 EUR 3770's from server bidding without setup fee.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Online.net has had a pretty stable network for me as well. If you wanna test out one of their E3's, I just set mine to cancel at the end of the billing cycle (moving back to QPS Atlanta). I'll gladly give you my login info. Since, you know, I mean...it's Oktay. I think I can trust you.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited September 2013

@serverian said:
    Yeah but they are first generation E3 1230's. So the best option there is Hetzner's 40 EUR 3770's from server bidding without setup fee.

I guess but Hetzner is a lot more on the budget side, I3d's network is nice aswell.

• @jarland said:
    Online.net has had a pretty stable network for me as well. If you wanna test out one of their E3's, I just set mine to cancel at the end of the billing cycle (moving back to QPS Atlanta). I'll gladly give you my login info. Since, you know, I mean...it's Oktay. I think I can trust you.

Thanks man! I've gone with Hetzner's deal. This "project" involves no I/O, network or anything. I just need pure CPU power :)

• Thanks man! I've gone with Hetzner's deal.

i7-3770? What is the drive model on those and the drive's power on hours (asking because the drives on the older i7-9xx's I've gotten from serverbidding.com have mostly had 20000+ power on hours and I've had a few with failing drives).

• @DomainBop said:
    i7-3770? What is the drive model on those and the drive's power on hours (asking because the drives on the older i7-9xx's I've gotten from serverbidding.com have mostly had 20000+ power on hours and I've had a few with failing drives).

I've not received it, yet. Probably tomorrow. I'll let you know.

• new backupsy location??

• @dedicados said:
    new backupsy location??

No, lol.

• @dedicados said: new backupsy location??
    @serverian said: This "project" involves no I/O, network or anything. I just need pure CPU power :)

• @DomainBop said:

Power_On_Hours 0x0012 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 1836

Not TOO bad.

• Yes, that's only 2 months old. I'd take a 2 months old drive over a brand new one - this one has at least been tested for two months.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What sort of drives are they?

• @jbiloh said:
    What sort of drives are they?

TOSHIBA DT01ACA300