Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudJiffy - Cloud Made Simple!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudJiffy - Cloud Made Simple!

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello LET members,

I am Ishan from Leapswitch Networks ( providing Cloud and Hosting since 2006! )

CloudJiffy is a Container-as-a-Service platform where you can deploy your application within minutes instead of spending hours on capacity planning, installation and configuration.

Just select the Platform, Web/Application Server, Database server and Region -

In our Advanced Dashboard , you can even setup multiple Web servers with a load balancer, Databases with automatic clustering and shared/redundant storage.

We also have one-click Wordpress, Magento and Kubernetes Clusters.

Watch a 2 minute video

Interesting ?

CloudJiffy is based on Virtuozzo 7 / Jelastic and has the following main features -

• Anything-as-a-service - CloudJiffy will auto-deploy your preferred stack as a highly-available cluster Automatically, within Minutes.
  • Automatic Vertical scaling - Set your container to 128 MB RAM and let it scale upto 128 GB of RAM , as and when required. Perfect option for LET's Idling Containers.
  • Cloudlets - Containers are set and measured in Cloudlets used - each cloudlet is 128MB RAM and 400Mhz CPU
  • Hourly Billing - Your container(s) are billed per hour, based on number of Cloudlets used.
  • Docker Hub - CloudJiffy connects to Docker Hub so that you can deploy any public or private Docker template.

CloudJiffy also has a large number of DevOps features -

• Web SSH - Web based SSH within CloudJiffy portal - No need to use Putty.
  • File manager - Edit config files, application files, upload/remove files and folders within the portal.
  • Statistics - View CPU, RAM, Disk, Traffic stats within CloudJiffy on a per container basis.
  • Logging - View application and container logs within the interface.
  • Clone Environments - Clone running VPS, containers or entire environments.
  • Collaborations- Collaborate with users giving them limited/unlimited access to one or more environments.
  • Alerts - Automated load alerts are setup for each of your containers are configurable through the interface.
  • Horizontal Scaling - Setup triggers and load balancers for automated horizontal scaling.

Signup for your free 14 day trial here - https://cloudjiffy.com/

Interested ? Here is how Pricing works -

Cloudlets - $0.7 onwards per month 
Storage - 20GB SSD Free - $0.03 per GB per month
Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - $0.03 per GB
Public IPv4 - $1.5 per month

Billing is pre-paid via fund addition with a minimum of $10 .

What does $7 get you for an entire month -

Consider a 30GB SSD / 2 vCPU / 2.5GB RAM / 1TB Bandwidth VPS , of which you would only use - 20GB / 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 500GB Bandwidth on an average. All in $7 :)

We are the only Provider on LET to bill on Average Actual Resource Consumption, not Plans or Limits. On our normal VPS range, we see 20% Average Actual Resource Consumption, leading to upto 80% cost savings compared to other Cloud/VPS providers.

Datacenter, Server Hardware and Network -

DE FRA1

• Frankfurt, Germany based Tier 3 Datacenter
  • Intel Xeon E5 48 vCPU Servers with 256-512GB RAM .
  • 10G network.
  • Enterprise SSD RAID10.
  • 99.99% Network and Power uptime SLA.

US West1

• Los Angeles, California based Tier 3 Datacenter
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM .
  • 10G network
  • Enterprise SSD RAID10 .

IN West1

• Pune, India based Tier 3 Datacenter
  • TATA, Vodafone, Airtel and NIXI network.
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM.
  • 10G network
  • Enterprise SSD RAID10.

Support options -

• 24x7 Technical Support via Helpdesk
  • L1 Chat support
  • Schedule a Google Meet Demo

Why Leapswitch Networks -

• #1 Company in Pune (top 10 in India) according to number of domains hosted. - 100,000+
  • Registered Pvt Ltd. and Inc - 13th year in business (Since 2006)
  • 24x7 Live Technical Support and Monitoring
  • Fully Owned Hardware - Servers, Power, Network Equipment and IPs - We do not Resell
  • Brand Name Genuine SuperMicro and ASUS Hardware
  • Operations in 19 locations worldwide
  • Serving 20000+ customers from 110+ countries

We look forward to your questions and feedback!

Ishan

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Are you running ASUS servers? O_O

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@LTniger said:
    Are you running ASUS servers? O_O

Yep, we have over 300 of them in Production in India (Pune, Mumbai and Delhi locations) under CloudJiffy and Leapswitch.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • LeviLevi Member

I have signed up. Absolutely amazing UI. I love the style.

But! It is hard to navigate, it is complex and I don't know what I'am doing in first 10 minutes. Just pressing buttons blindly. Honestly - it is more complex than AWS or GCP non sense. You should think about serious overhaul of it.

@LTniger said:
    I have signed up. Absolutely amazing UI. I love the style.

But! It is hard to navigate, it is complex and I don't know what I'am doing in first 10 minutes. Just pressing buttons blindly. Honestly - it is more complex than AWS or GCP non sense. You should think about serious overhaul of it.

Thank you for your feedback. As we are a full-fledged PaaS the UI offers a lot more features than other clouds. That said, we understand that it can be a bit overwhelming at the start and we recommend signing up for a demo with one of our solution architects - https://calendly.com/cloudjiffy-demo . This is a free, no commitment demo where we will show you how to use the interface and ensure you get the best price and performance for your cloud requirements.

For example, if you are planning to host WordPress , we offer multiple options -

1. Marketplace > Wordpress (Standalone (LEMP / Litespeed LLSMP) or Clustered - Load balancer, database clustering, redis etc).

2. Create Environment > PHP > Apache / Nginx / Litespeed > MySQL / MariaDB > Select versions > Select scaling - vertical + horizontal > Done

• For wordpress site is it mandatory to select both cloudlets - one for app (WP) and other one for database (mysql/maria). Can't it fit on just 'app'??

@JasonM said:
    For wordpress site is it mandatory to select both cloudlets - one for app (WP) and other one for database (mysql/maria). Can't it fit on just 'app'??

You can choose Separate App and Database containers, or a single container having both web and db servers (and redis).

In our Marketplace, you can look at Standalone Wordpress which is an all-in-one container with Wordpress and it is pre-optimized. You can choose Nginx or Litespeed as the web server. It includes Redis and has an optional connection to Verizon CDN.

If you choose separate app and database containers, you need to select cloudlets ( reserved and dynamic/scaling ) for each container.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • LeviLevi Member

Separate containers is better, because you can scale individually. If you need more DB - add it, or more power to Apache/PHP - config it. Flexibility.

@LTniger said:
    Separate containers is better, because you can scale individually. If you need more DB - add it, or more power to Apache/PHP - config it. Flexibility.

Indeed. It is a balance between flexibility and complexity. You can keep it simple at the start to understand the platform and its capabilities and then use the additional options to scale up / scale out.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Does it do raw tcp?

• LeviLevi Member

@ericls said:
    Does it do raw tcp?

Can you weight 1kg udp for me?

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited April 2021

okay, I've started the trial, installed WP, Litespeed (WP standalone kit) and it got deployed with following specs, as well as my usage:

Usage / Alloted
    APP wordpress kit:
    Cloudlets 3/14
    RAM 300MB /1.7 GB
    CPU 30MHz / 5.6 GHz
    disk 3.6 GB/ 15 GB

I've also added an extra Memcached node:
    Cloudlets 1/4
    RAM 16MB / 500 MB
    CPU 8MHz / 1.6 GHz
    disk 415MB /5GB

Now I've two questions:
    1. IF we assume my usage of APP wordpress remains stable for entire month, say, 3 cloudlets, 300 MB RAM, 30 MHz cpu, and disk 3.6 GB, then where can I predict and how can I predict the billing in USD/INR?

1. Will I be billed for alloted Cloudlets? That is 14 + 4 for entire month? or is that what I'm using 3 + 1 cloudlets be billed? (app and memcached)

Had the control panel shown an approximate billing along with those above figures, it would have been quite easier to adjust/scale down usage rather than getting a surprise-billed-usage at end of the month!

edited April 2021

@JasonM said:
    okay, I've started the trial, installed WP, Litespeed (WP standalone kit) and it got deployed with following specs, as well as my usage:

Usage / Alloted
    APP wordpress kit:
    Cloudlets 3/14
    RAM 300MB /1.7 GB
    CPU 30MHz / 5.6 GHz
    disk 3.6 GB/ 15 GB

I've also added an extra Memcached node:
    Cloudlets 1/4
    RAM 16MB / 500 MB
    CPU 8MHz / 1.6 GHz
    disk 415MB /5GB

Now I've two questions:
    1. IF we assume my usage of APP wordpress remains stable for entire month, say, 3 cloudlets, 300 MB RAM, 30 MHz cpu, and disk 3.6 GB, then where can I predict and how can I predict the billing in USD/INR?

1. Will I be billed for alloted Cloudlets? That is 14 + 4 for entire month? or is that what I'm using 3 + 1 cloudlets be billed? (app and memcached)

Had the control panel shown an approximate billing along with those above figures, it would have been quite easier to adjust/scale down usage rather than getting a surprise-billed-usage at end of the month!

You can view billing on an hourly basis by clicking on the $ icon in front of the environment, or view billing history in the top menu. All costs are hourly and prepaid so you never get a surprise bill.

Litespeed is free upto 2GB RAM.

Memcached is not required as Redis is installed and configured to work with Litespeed using Wordpress Litespeed Cache plugin.

Thanked by 1JasonM

gonna give it a try

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

These are the kinds of things that developers tend to love, and sysadmins tend to struggle with. Like kubernetes. That’s the gap I’ve noticed as you’ll have some people say “wow this is way easier than a plain unmanaged VPS” and others say “a plain unmanaged VPS is so much easier for me than this.” The two mindset rarely cross, and it’s why devs and admins frequently clash in large organizations.

This is definitely something I recommend admins to play with too though, so you can get a glimpse of a different way to do things without going head first into AWS/GCP.

I think it might more suited for hosting an app than hosting your own product

• @jar said: These are the kinds of things that developers tend to love, and sysadmins tend to struggle with.

These are essentially OpenVZ containers running within Docker, with an ability to deploy Docker images and pre-made configs for Wordpress etc. I've used their service before and you can indeed use it like a VPS, by SSH-ing through their gateway.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:
    These are the kinds of things that developers tend to love, and sysadmins tend to struggle with. Like kubernetes. That’s the gap I’ve noticed as you’ll have some people say “wow this is way easier than a plain unmanaged VPS” and others say “a plain unmanaged VPS is so much easier for me than this.” The two mindset rarely cross, and it’s why devs and admins frequently clash in large organizations.

This is definitely something I recommend admins to play with too though, so you can get a glimpse of a different way to do things without going head first into AWS/GCP.

that's very well put

Thanked by 1jar

@stevewatson301 said:

@jar said: These are the kinds of things that developers tend to love, and sysadmins tend to struggle with.

These are essentially OpenVZ containers running within Docker, with an ability to deploy Docker images and pre-made configs for Wordpress etc. I've used their service before and you can indeed use it like a VPS, by SSH-ing through their gateway.

Hm.. that's not very obvious on their UI...

@ericls said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@jar said: These are the kinds of things that developers tend to love, and sysadmins tend to struggle with.

Hm.. that's not very obvious on their UI...

The platform is built on Virtuozzo 7 and Docker, because of which are able to offer automatic vertical scaling and usage based billing.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • CybrCybr Member

This offer looked promising but sadly ram can't be increased without also increasing CPU, making it ridiculously expensive if your application needs ram.

Thanked by 2lovelyserver kalipus

@Cybr said:
    This offer looked promising but sadly ram can't be increased without also increasing CPU, making it ridiculously expensive if your application needs ram.

No, the beauty of the platform is that you don't pay for resources you don't use. If you assign 8GB RAM and equivalent CPU and use only 1GB and equivalent CPU ( or less ) , you are only charged for it.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • CybrCybr Member

@leapswitch said:
    No, the beauty of the platform is that you don't pay for resources you don't use. If you assign 8GB RAM and equivalent CPU and use only 1GB and equivalent CPU ( or less ) , you are only charged for it.

If you assign 8GB ram and equivalent CPU and use 8GB ram but only 1/10th of the assigned CPU, you pay for 10x the CPU you need, making it ridiculously expensive if you need a lot of ram but not much CPU.

Thanked by 1commercial