Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes! Third Time's The Charm? 1Gbps RAID0 Seedboxes At Best Prices!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes! Third Time's The Charm? 1Gbps RAID0 Seedboxes At Best Prices!

PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes: Third Time's The Charm?
Last couple of times we ran a bit short of reserved slots and sold out quite fast.

Well, we decided to extend the offer but cannot get quite to the extremely sweet deal as last time. So instead this time it's the whole V1000 Range + M10G S and long term discount compoundable special! :) So there's also an option for RAID5, and lower price point.

We really wanted to do another one just like the last ones, but it's taking time to get more servers online.

This one is valid for end of the next week, so a bit over a week.
A total of 150 can be purchased on this OR until stock lasts

Since this is 3rd time in a row of V1000 specials, the discount is 33% ! :) We Wish we could've done the same 50% but just could not get to that -- instead we'll allow this to be combined with long term discounts.

Previous threads has plenty of benchmarks and discussion about these. and Yes, you can use the seedbox for just storage as well. Even Chia plots if that's what you want.

V1000 Series & M10G S: Recurring Discount of 33.01%

Recurring, and any payment cycle. No limit on quantity, as long as stock lasts! Can be compounded with long term discounts. Price mentioned is for monthly cycle, annual or longer will be less per month.

• V1000 XS: 1TB Storage, 1GB rTorrent Ram, 1Gbps, 4 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 6.99€ 4.68€ Per Month
  • M10G S: 2TB RAID5 Storage, 2GB rTorrent Ram, 10Gbps, 10 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 8.99€ 6.02€ Per Month
  • V1000 S: 4TB Storage, 3GB rTorrent Ram, 1Gbps, 20 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 9.99€ 6.69€ Per Month
  • V1000 M: 6TB Storage, 6GB rTorrent Ram, 1Gbps, Unlimited* External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 13.99€ 9.37€ Per Month
  • V1000 L: 8TB Storage, 8GB rTorrent Ram, 1Gbps, Unlimited* External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 16.99€ 11.38€ Per Month

Promocode: 202104let-v10003rdtime
Long term discounts compoundable.

Price updates on checkout page.

Check them all out at: https://pulsedmedia.com/value1000-seedbox.php and M10G at https://pulsedmedia.com/m10g-seedbox.php

Included are:

Extra info:

• Green Datacenter operations
  • Datacenter Location: Helsinki, Finland
  • Some latency metrics: 20ms DECIX, 36ms OVH, 38ms Online, 0.4-0.6ms Cloudflare, 31ms Leaseweb, 36ms Redstation (UK), 23ms Hetzner (DE), 23ms Serverloft/PlusServer
  • Terms Of Service

Payment methods

• Paypal
  • IBAN/SEPA Wiretransfers
  • Crypto (BTC, LTC, XMR, ETH, BTT, DOGE and many others.)
Thanked by 2xetsys carloshmm

Comments

• Finally, 10Gbps seedbox. Any promocode for that?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • If you can extend the promo to the dragon serie I'm interested :)

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@PulsedMedia said: Even Chia plots if that's what you want

lol, interesting price-point (<1.5/TB) for that - good marketing :+1:

would it be supported to run a harvester? seems like those actually need like no ressources at all but installing still requires some python packages and sh*t to be available.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@daozhi said:
    Finally, 10Gbps seedbox. Any promocode for that?

M10G S is listed there, same promocode

@Falzo said: would it be supported to run a harvester? seems like those actually need like no ressources at all but installing still requires some python packages and sh*t to be available.

Sure thing as it won't take anything away from other users :)
    Even those python packages ought to be avail too so harvest away.

Just no plotting, that takes away from other users and that's where we draw the line

@angelius said:
    If you can extend the promo to the dragon serie I'm interested :)

we too! But sadly, getting those Dragon servers despite being NEW servers has turned out to be rather difficult. Regularly 3+ month wait times, EPyC CPUs have skyrocketed in prices etc etc.

So we are lucky if we can even maintain the current price, let alone offer any promos :O

• The code for M10G S works, not for M10G M. By the way, what happens when I run out the Torrent traffic?

edited April 2021

@daozhi said:
    The code for M10G S works, not for M10G M. By the way, what happens when I run out the Torrent traffic?

M10G M is not part of the promo, only M10G S is.

Your upstream bandwidth gets shaped if you exceed your traffic limit

EDIT Forgot to add, minimum is still 100Mbps tho! :)

Thanked by 1daozhi
  • Absolutely crazy value, as always! I have been using these to permaseed content and as a mount point to my plex server. The generous bandwidth limit makes this pretty much a steal. The only caveat is that root access is unavailable. But with enough search and effort, the installed packages can be manipulated for profit.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • 15% off on 2/3 years Billing Cycle + 33% off on that price with promo code should be like 44% is almost as good as that 50% offer last time, just that this time the price will be recurring.

There is also 10% off on 1 year cycle + 33% off on that price. (should be like (90% price of 12 months)*66% (100% -33% promo code) = 60% cost of price vs. paying full price monthly, so it is like 40% discount on annual billing cycle)

• I am wondering, am I allowed to install my own stuff like other clients, other webservers, others programs? I know I don't have root access but I can install all those stuff in my userspace. Just wanted to make sure if I am allowed to do so before I am going to get banned or something.

What I am planning to run: simple-torrent, qBittorrent, Caddy, Sonarr, Radarr.

Maybe some other stuff as well if I am planning to use this for long term. I don't need any help or support regarding them, just need to make sue I am allowed to.

Thanks.

• @tommmy said:
    I am wondering, am I allowed to install my own stuff like other clients, other webservers, others programs? I know I don't have root access but I can install all those stuff in my userspace. Just wanted to make sure if I am allowed to do so before I am going to get banned or something.

What I am planning to run: simple-torrent, qBittorrent, Caddy, Sonarr, Radarr.

Maybe some other stuff as well if I am planning to use this for long term. I don't need any help or support regarding them, just need to make sue I am allowed to.

Thanks.

Rutorrent & deluge are available which do the same thing as qbittorrent. Sonarr v2 is also available and gets the job done. Radarr can be operated in user space. While installing packages, you may come across a dependency which isnt available and in that scenario you will miss root. Otherwise, it works out perfectly as a seedbox and as remote storage.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@tommmy said: I am wondering, am I allowed to install my own stuff like other clients, other webservers, others programs?

Yes as long as it does not take away from other users in terms of resource utilization.

@tommmy said: hat I am planning to run: simple-torrent, qBittorrent, Caddy, Sonarr, Radarr.

And here you run into problem, you can kill the server with incorrect qBittorrent config for example. We do not impose restrictions as we see the need for users to be able to freely burst momentarily CPU or I/O usage.

If we have to intervene, you can be almost guaranteed it's insta ban. So keep that in mind. If the server starts to feel even slightly luggish, make absolutely certain it is not you who is causing it.
    Preferrably don't do it at all. We've put a lot of effort into balancing things just right; It's unlikely you can do the same without the data from all of the users over more than a decade.

Btw, it's much easier to get this "balance right" on Dragon servers, they are so damn beefy that even if you try to abuse it, often it's barely noticeable. Hence there's almost no need to check on resource consumption, and no balance to get right.

• so, deluge-ltconfig is not allowed in the seedbox?

@daozhi said:
    so, deluge-ltconfig is not allowed in the seedbox?

It is, but be sensible on the settings

• @PulsedMedia said:

@tommmy said: I am wondering, am I allowed to install my own stuff like other clients, other webservers, others programs?

Yes as long as it does not take away from other users in terms of resource utilization.

@tommmy said: hat I am planning to run: simple-torrent, qBittorrent, Caddy, Sonarr, Radarr.

And here you run into problem, you can kill the server with incorrect qBittorrent config for example. We do not impose restrictions as we see the need for users to be able to freely burst momentarily CPU or I/O usage.

If we have to intervene, you can be almost guaranteed it's insta ban. So keep that in mind. If the server starts to feel even slightly luggish, make absolutely certain it is not you who is causing it.
    Preferrably don't do it at all. We've put a lot of effort into balancing things just right; It's unlikely you can do the same without the data from all of the users over more than a decade.

Btw, it's much easier to get this "balance right" on Dragon servers, they are so damn beefy that even if you try to abuse it, often it's barely noticeable. Hence there's almost no need to check on resource consumption, and no balance to get right.

Thanks! I barely use any resources as I am not a heavy torrent user. It is just a matter of preference. I'll keep my usage in check and willing to accept any punishment if I crossed the border.

• @daozhi said:

most plugins don't work with deluge on Pulsedmedia, even autoremove plus doesn't work. There is no point dropping ticket regarding deluge plugins, you get response that plugin is non-essential one and you have to be on your own.

There is plugins issue with Deluge 2.0.3 atleast other seedbox providers have proper deluge version installed where there are plugins working for clients.

PS: Use Pulsedmedia if you want to use only Rutorrent/rtorrent because you cannot stop torrent/remove torrent after reaching desired ratio on Deluge from Pulsedmedia.

• @Merlincool said:

@daozhi said:

most plugins don't work with deluge on Pulsedmedia, even autoremove plus doesn't work. There is no point dropping ticket regarding deluge plugins, you get response that plugin is non-essential one and you have to be on your own.

There is plugins issue with Deluge 2.0.3 atleast other seedbox providers have proper deluge version installed where there are plugins working for clients.

PS: Use Pulsedmedia if you want to use only Rutorrent/rtorrent because you cannot stop torrent/remove torrent after reaching desired ratio on Deluge from Pulsedmedia.

There is a feature of share ratio on deluge.

Thanked by 2PulsedMedia coreflux
  • @xetsys said:

@Merlincool said:

@daozhi said:

There is a feature of share ratio on deluge.

Thats global for all, whereas I like to seed UHD movies 80-90 GB 2:1 and when there are TV shows I seed like for weeks no matter how much is my ratio. This option won't allow flexibility. Also I will have to manually remove torrent + torrent data each time, which I find is annoying and is completely annoying when you have smaller disc space.

• Pretty sure sonarr & radarr have this feature.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

This could make some really nice profit on storJ

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited April 2021

Be careful with PulsedMedia, support is not friendly at all and they will not help you even for something easy or basic and on their end. Also technically the service is quite old and doesn't offer interesting options. If you need storage or just a basic seedbox, it's ok.
    Yeah they look sweet on public networks and offers seems really interesting, but you will have what you pay for.

Also with PayPal subscription, if you leave or cancel the service, be sure to cancel the subscription on your own as they will not do it for you and will not refund you if an unexpected payment is made. They can create the subscription but doesn't know how to cancel it (fun joke). You will be told that it's your problem if you can't manage your finances properly (thanks dad). Fortunately, the paid amount will be credited to your PulsedMedia account (at least it's not lost ; well i mean it is since you wanted to leave the company).

Yeah i'm a bit pissed with this kind of shadow, misleading and direspectful company.

• @o_be_one said:
    If you need storage or just a basic seedbox, it's ok.

Err, that's what the service is advertised as, is it not?

• skorousskorous Member
    edited April 2021

@o_be_one said: They can create the subscription but doesn't know how to cancel it (fun joke). You will be told that it's your problem if you can't manage your finances properly (thanks dad).

Does it not say something to that effect when you set up the subscription? That you are setting up a recurring payment from Paypal to the vendor and you'll have to manage it?

Edited: ( was too dickish )

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • I understand your both points as it's common here to see random people cry after providers for something they just don 't read or can't handle properly ^^. Here it's a short description of one story among two where, imho, provider was snarky/bullish and didn't wanted to help at all for something on what he can help easily and keep customers low profile.

If his community his happy with it, fine. The main purpose of the service is deserved correctly and simply i guess (i mean, if i've tried PM, it was because the offer was what i was looking and looked promising even if reviews were like "meh" ; and request for refund after 10 days because PM told me they were not able to provide WebDav protocole properly while it was something described in their wiki and blog and a requirement for me).

I just wanted to share an experience and let potential customers get a new review telling that PM offers a poor customer support experience.

• radagast90radagast90 Member
    edited April 2021

@o_be_one said:
    Be careful with PulsedMedia, support is not friendly at all and they will not help you even for something easy or basic and on their end. Also technically the service is quite old and doesn't offer interesting options. If you need storage or just a basic seedbox, it's ok.
    Yeah they look sweet on public networks and offers seems really interesting, but you will have what you pay for.

Also with PayPal subscription, if you leave or cancel the service, be sure to cancel the subscription on your own as they will not do it for you and will not refund you if an unexpected payment is made. They can create the subscription but doesn't know how to cancel it (fun joke). You will be told that it's your problem if you can't manage your finances properly (thanks dad). Fortunately, the paid amount will be credited to your PulsedMedia account (at least it's not lost ; well i mean it is since you wanted to leave the company).

Yeah i'm a bit pissed with this kind of shadow, misleading and direspectful company.

Talk something which is not known. This provider has been shame and disgrace in name of seedbox provider. That's why you will never see negative comments about other providers but this. I have seen people getting frustrated from this provider on reddit and elsewhere.

PS: Don't use this freak provider, useless customer support and they don't know how to help with tickets.They basically don't know what actually seedbox is. Pulsedmedia try to buy subscription for a month on other reputed seedbox providers and learn how it is run and how better they perform technically and with support. I am sure there is lot for your junkies to learn from others.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited April 2021

Personal opinion is that I've skipped all the seedbox providers as of late. Just took an dedi, installed QB Pro and be done with it.

But an seedbox without root...eh?

• @serv_ee said: But an seedbox without root...eh?

Different strokes for different folks. PulsedMedia is great for people who don't know and want to know about linux/ubuntu, but it is also so much easier to deploy software now on dedis cause there are so scripts which make installation easy like eg. swizzin, QuickBox,

PulsedMedia seedbox is already installed/ready to go, nothing much to configure, mess with coding and if problems with their software can open a ticket and they will fix it for you vs fixing something yourself.

No DMCA on PulsedMedia, so can torrent on public torrents, it is helpful for new beginners who aren't on private trackers.

My friend was using a VPN and still got copyright infringement notice (we are in USA), told him to get PulsedMedia and just download files from there lol

Thanked by 2xetsys PulsedMedia
  • @o_be_one said:
    snip

I have had nothing but good experience so far from their support. Is it possible that the provider has evolved and become better over the time?

I swear I have seen a lot of negative reviews from disgruntled customers on reddit complaining about features other than core seedbox feature, i.e. torrent client and ftp/sftp downloads. The satisfied customer rarely make or leave positive feedback. So, I decided why not try them and see whats what. The root thing was unavailable with another seedbox provider I had used in the past. Other than that, some providers do provide more support, like installing irrssi plugins etc, but they also do charge more. So cant have everything for cheap.

Thanked by 2o_be_one PulsedMedia
  • MerlincoolMerlincool Member
    edited April 2021

Yeah I agree not a good support. Every few hours I have rtorrent issue and it gets crashed, see this image is recent one before making this post. When I have raised ticket, I have got non-professional answer stating that "I am shared server and it was having heavy server load and infact I am one of heavy users"

For information I am having 2 active torrents (from past 24 hrs), if you call that it as heavy then I don't know what to say next. I have had many crashes just not few. When you use seedbox for private trackers you need a stable seedbox so your ratio do not get hampered. Pulsedmedia is not helping me for private trackers and ratio is getting affected.

https://i.postimg.cc/GhkMgzcg/IMG-20210427-094634.jpg

• GaryGary Member

To counter people who are having bad experiences, I picked up one of the 4TB boxes for €5/mo, filled it up with ~3.75TiB of torrents I want to seed long-term, and Deluge has been chugging along just fine for a month or so now. I don't recall having to restart Deluge, so it seems stable enough.

I'm more interested in harvesting BP than ratio, but these boxes likely have too many people crammed onto them to make much sense for trying to race and keep your ratio up with new stuff. For long-term seeding, €5/mo for 4TB is about as cheap as it gets so I can't complain.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia