Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DirectAdmin File Manager : Good or Bad
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DirectAdmin File Manager : Good or Bad

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

Those who are using DirectAdmin since couple of years, you people might have been the previous one & the current one. And, if you keep using it for some more years, you'll get to see the updates also.

What do you think How is the current File Manager for Navigation ?? Suppose, an user first time navigating it, how he/she should feel ?? Is it Good/Bad ??

Those who haven't seen the file manager yet, here's a screenshot:

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
DirectAdmin File Manager
  1. Is it Good/Bad ??82 votes
    1. Enough Good, No Need Improvement.
      41.46%
    2. Very Bad, hard to navigate.
      58.54%

Comments

• Is there anything worse than bad?
    Even free panels like cyberpanel and vestacp centos panel have better filemanager

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited April 2021

bad

most of the panel as well tbh not a fan

Thanked by 2ariq01 Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Jorbox said:
    Is there anything worse than bad?
    Even free panels like cyberpanel and vestacp centos panel have better filemanager

Yes, indeed. CyberPanel & VestaCP has much better FileManager.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Very confusing navigation.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • Icon and process confuse me every time. Was big hope that it could be good to transfer from cPanel. But still, cPanel is cPanel. Hope they will improve more quickly.

• donkodonko Member

the only thing i dislike from directadmin

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • @donko said:
    the only thing i dislike from directadmin

I'm not a fan of a couple of things in DA in addition to their FM.

• Its ugly :(

• it just works, i dont see the problem

• KeyHelp file manager is better

• FritzFritz Veteran

It's bad but not the worst.

The worst is Plesk File Manager.

Lack of features.

• pretty sure you can just right click the file / folder instead of clicking the three dots. I think it's better than others but a little worse compared to cpanel.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @yokowasis said:
    pretty sure you can just right click the file / folder instead of clicking the three dots. I think it's better than others but a little worse compared to cpanel.

Yeap.

The file manager is pretty unique and once you figure out, it feels better than the most.

• I think it's good enough. Improvements are always good though.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@gapper @seriesn @edoarudo5 Not only the System Admins, but also Newbie customers use this & get confused. Then, they come to the support asking how to do this, how to do that. I haven't seen any of the cPanel users to come to support for these issues.

Another thing DirectAdmin lacking is that the Backup Restore functionality. Although, I know that I can transfer bulk accounts by SSH & rsync it, but, it's pretty much easier to do it via GUI like cPanel, it's time effective option. Root to Root migration that's What I'm asking for.

@DA_Mark Can you look over here ?? We have plenty of suggestions & scope of improvement for DirectAdmin :)

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

it's so bad I cancelled my license and moved to cpanel

• LeviLevi Member

It's very bad because customer should be aware of "cache". First you add files to cache, than issue an action. It is from late 2003. When you get used to it - it's fine.

• Very confusing for a beginner.

Thanked by 2webcraft ariq01
  • stratagemstratagem Member, Host Rep

I wouldn't say 'very bad' but certainly not as intuitive or as easy to use as the cPanel file manager. Not a deal breaker though, imho.

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited April 2021

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: @gapper @seriesn @edoarudo5 Not only the System Admins, but also Newbie customers use this & get confused. Then, they come to the support asking how to do this, how to do that. I haven't seen any of the cPanel users to come to support for these issues.

Docs and Youtube.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Good panel but still bit hard to use.

• Very happy with directadmin

• VitaVita Member

@Jorbox said:
    Is there anything worse than bad?

There is something worse, it's not having a file manager at all :wink:

• first time using directadmin . the file manager is really confusing took a little time to understand. Unlike competitor has really friendly design.
    I think this need to redesign again.
    Not much worse it's just little hard to use than usual.

• Take some time to understand...

• Not good :|

• TicagaTicaga Member

It's better than the old one but it's still very confusing. to select all you have to tick the box then the box on the tooltip bit twice.

• DazzleDazzle Member

Bad experience with DA file manager. Not user friendly.

Best file manager so far from my experience is aaPanel's.

• twaintwain Member
    edited May 2021

Why would an SA ever really use a web based file manager? If you’re using something like that more than rarely then you’re doing it wrong..