Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD Zen2/Zen3 with PCI-e Gen4 SSD dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AMD Zen2/Zen3 with PCI-e Gen4 SSD dedicated server

Hello!

I would be looking for an AMD Zen2/Zen3 based dedicated server also with PCI-e Gen4 SSDs like the Samsung 980 Pro that has ~7000MB/s read speeds and ~5000MB/s write speeds. Also preferably if they accept crypto-currencies as a payment method it's even better. After several searches over several days and weeks I couldnt find anything satisfying.

Thank you!

Comments

• Might have to collocate your own server to get that specific.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited April 2021

Just a reminder that 980 Pro has broken turbowrite/cache and Samsung is creating new firmware for months already - currently it get writes speeds limited to 500/1100/2000 MB/s (depends from disk size - 250/500/1000GB) until cache recovers and... cache recovers for hours or days.

• @james50a said:
    Might have to collocate your own server to get that specific.

My use case is continuous integration, for me renting hardware makes more sense because I want to benefit from incremental performance improvements of new CPUs every few months and change servers.

• @JabJab said:
    Just a reminder that 980 Pro has broken turbowrite/cache and Samsung is creating new firmware for months already - it get writes limited to 1000/2000 MB/s (depends from disk size) until cache recovers and cache recovers for hours.

I see well the Samsung 980 Pro SSDs I own don't do that.

• @lle_bout said: I see well the Samsung 980 Pro SSDs I own don't do that.

Maybe you don't fill them enough (it only kicks at less than 350GB of storage left iirc) or old firmware version did not have that problem :)
    No idea, it's officially confirmed by Samsung and people are waiting for new firmware.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Samsung-SSD-980-PRO-extreme-slow-write-speed-1100-mb-s/m-p/1757747/highlight/true#M7258