Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think DDoS Protection is important? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you think DDoS Protection is important?

Comments

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:
    I think it's the most important, I wasted so much money on different providers like Corero, OVH, NFO, Voxility, Cloudflare, Blazingfast and more. All these companies either null routed me because the attacks were to big on my game server or there were so many leaks that it just wasn't stable to play on. I emailed Path.net and I started using their GRE protection for my servers and their portal has filters for a lot of games and applications (I mainly use it for OpenVPN and Rust) and I've been really happy and even with their support too, they respond quick

Corero null routed you?

I'm going to take a guess and say it was the provider null routed them due to using a GRE tunnel.

Corero specifically did not null route me obviously but they had a lot of leaks along with the other providers I mentioned

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2021

@theprotector said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:
    I think it's the most important, I wasted so much money on different providers like Corero, OVH, NFO, Voxility, Cloudflare, Blazingfast and more. All these companies either null routed me because the attacks were to big on my game server or there were so many leaks that it just wasn't stable to play on. I emailed Path.net and I started using their GRE protection for my servers and their portal has filters for a lot of games and applications (I mainly use it for OpenVPN and Rust) and I've been really happy and even with their support too, they respond quick

Corero null routed you?

I'm going to take a guess and say it was the provider null routed them due to using a GRE tunnel.

Corero specifically did not null route me obviously but they had a lot of leaks along with the other providers I mentioned

Corero has plenty of switches, toggles and thresholds to enter, alongside custom rules so it’s not quite fair to say it was leaky; it might have been configured that way by your ISP.

We get excellent feedback for Corero mitigation from our Customers.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@amsaal said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

Corero null routed you?

i am trying to contact path.net but no response for few days ? can you tell me any other ways to contact them. i also want to apply the filters on my GameServer

Did they respond to you yet?
    If you want PM me your email and I'll forward your information.
    ~Josh

• theprotectortheprotector Member
    edited April 2021

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

Corero null routed you?

Corero has plenty of switches, toggles and thresholds to enter, alongside custom rules so it’s not quite fair to say it was leaky; it might have been configured that way by your ISP.

Its quite fair to say its leaky considering I've used Corero for a long time along with other companies that utilize them such as Zare, its actually more than fair to say its leaky when I have a big game server and big services that are constantly getting attacked with advanced and large attacks which they could not filter at all. Keep in mind again that I've used more than 10 hosting providers and have been getting attacked since 2015. Certain people may say a particular service has been great for them until they run into a determined attacker or frequent attacks every hour.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It never matters until it does, and when it does it’s the only thing that matters. This is one thing it’s better to have and not need than need and not have.

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • CybrCybr Member

Using a host who doesn't have DDoS protection is like walking through a dimly lit ghetto alone late at night. You may be fine as long as you keep your head down and don't attract too much attention... but the moment you do, you'll lose everything you have to a 12 year old gangster with a knife.

Thanked by 2jar Shoaib_A
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Cybr said: you'll lose everything you have to a 12 year old gangster with a knife

That really reminded me of this:

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

Corero null routed you?

Its quite fair to say its leaky considering I've used Corero for a long time along with other companies that utilize them such as Zare, its actually more than fair to say its leaky when I have a big game server and big services that are constantly getting attacked with advanced and large attacks which they could not filter at all. Keep in mind again that I've used more than 10 hosting providers and have been getting attacked since 2015. Certain people may say a particular service has been great for them until they run into a determined attacker or frequent attacks every hour.

That’s simply not what we see, and we handle many many attacks on these boxes.

How is it that you just registered here and all your posts are either complaints against competing solutions to that of path.net or praising path.net?

Are you affiliated with them? Can you explain it?

• DDoS protection depends on the market and product.
    If you trying to offer something to 15-30 y.o. people -> be ready for ddos attacks.
    Otherwise - depends on your business type.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@desperand said:
    DDoS protection depends on the market and product.
    If you trying to offer something to 15-30 y.o. people -> be ready for ddos attacks.
    Otherwise - depends on your business type.

Doesnt really matter what your target group is. If you are making money with an internet service, you should have DDoS protection.

edited April 2021

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

Corero null routed you?

It completely depends on how the hosting provider is using the Corero device. Saying Corero is leaky because you have had issues with one provider in the past isn't fair.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @CConner said: Doesnt really matter what your target group is. If you are making money with an internet service, you should have DDoS protection.

50/50
    I have different projects. Many of them.
    But projects that attract competition and young blood - very problematic.
    Because of toxic selfish communities. But business one projects for customers have zero DDoS attacks.

• CristianDCristianD Member, Host Rep

DDoS protection is what you have to have it, there is no 50/50 its a must, because 1 guy can put your entire dc down.

This days, stressers and botnet... ar like facebook, you dont have a stresser your nobody, this is how is now and kids buys stressers.

Since covid, started to be manny manny more stressers providers.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • yes

• Whether you need DDOS protection depends on your business scope :)

• It depends how much value you host
    If you think that important or necessary, you would be use DDOS Protection in the first place.

• @Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

Corero null routed you?

That’s simply not what we see, and we handle many many attacks on these boxes.

How is it that you just registered here and all your posts are either complaints against competing solutions to that of path.net or praising path.net?

Are you affiliated with them? Can you explain it?

Would you rather have people waste their money ($2000+) on DDoS protection that doesn't work properly like I did? That may not be what you see on your service because of lack of those types of attacks that I receive on my game servers with other companies I've been with. I have been using Path.net for a while now because other people have said great things about them recently so I registered because I want to help other people that have issues with DDoS attacks even with other big providers like OVH which again I have used them and with many different companies as I said already with countless of issues.

• @CConner said:

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Clouvider said:

@theprotector said:

Corero null routed you?

It completely depends on how the hosting provider is using the Corero device. Saying Corero is leaky because you have had issues with one provider in the past isn't fair.

I said "Its quite fair to say its leaky considering I've used Corero for a long time along with other companies that utilize them such as Zare". Key word "other companies". Here I'll name one more, dedicated.com. If you wanna see all my invoices and tickets with all those companies that couldn't help me with the DDoS attacks I received, I'll be more than glad to show you in private messages or something?

What is your affiliation with path.net? Straight answer ;-).
    Given you have registered here and your sole message in 14 out of your 15 posts is: other DDoS mitigation bad. Path.net - great. Smells like a shill.

• theprotectortheprotector Member
    edited May 2021

@Clouvider said:
    Given you have registered here and your sole message in 14 out of your 15 posts is: other DDoS mitigation bad. Path.net - great. Smells like a shill.

You can keep being delusional, I would too if I kept using Corero. My affiliation is being a customer that wants to help everyone like I did with my friends that had the exact same issue with DDoS attacks disconnecting their servers. I kept telling you I bought their GRE service for my clients that play on my Rust servers and every other company wasn't able to solve issues with attacks like Cloudflare, OVH, NFO, e.t.c.

• TerensMTerensM Member

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

You can keep being delusional, I would too if I kept using Corero. My affiliation is being a customer that wants to help everyone like I did with my friends that had the exact same issue with DDoS attacks disconnecting their servers. I kept telling you I bought their GRE service for my clients that play on my Rust servers and every other company wasn't able to solve issues with attacks like Cloudflare, OVH, NFO, e.t.c.

New account and all your comments are about path, really?

• @TerensM said:

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

Yes really, I don't want other people to waste money on garbage providers that claim they protect against DDoS only to go down. Path has saved me and my business and I want everyone to be protected, do you want me to show you the tickets I had with OVH and other providers that can't handle DDoS attacks properly lol?

• @TerensM said:

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

I see you're affiliated with Zare, the truth hurts that Corero is truly bad, by the way, you guys null routed me multiple times with 200gbps+ attacks I received. So much for "good protection" huh?

Corero doesn't null route.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Clouvider said:
    Corero doesn't null route.

I'll second this. The only way a Corero device will null routes is if the rules tells it to. And those rules are set by the provider.
    Corero is unlike Cloudflare or Path. As using GRE tunnels. Corero is onsite. And relient to the connection coming in. So yes. Your traffic will probably get nulled once hit a certain threshold ( BY THE PROVIDER. NOT CORERO.)

Aye; and no one has unlimited capacity; Some have more, some have less. That includes everyone, not only us, not only path.net not only Corero or Arbour or pick_any_solution_name; you have a certain agreement for certain amount of traffic as a Customer at which point you simply reach the limit of your protection.

We have different limits for example for Customers who just use the best effort variant and different limits for those who pay extra for higher mitigation capacity.

@theprotector said:

@TerensM said:

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

I see you're affiliated with Zare, the truth hurts that Corero is truly bad, by the way, you guys null routed me multiple times with 200gbps+ attacks I received. So much for "good protection" huh?

Maybe you should delve a bit further into how DDoS protection actually works before having your mind made up and slamming other solutions with no factual arguments.

Thanked by 2Courvix TerensM
  • @CConner said:

@theprotector said:

@TerensM said:

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

Maybe you should delve a bit further into how DDoS protection actually works before having your mind made up and slamming other solutions with no factual arguments.

Maybe you should delve a bit further and make a successful Rust server that 600 people are on and gets attacked every 30 minutes? The factual arguments is myself using many big DDoS protection providers out there and attacks still brought my server down... Even if a company utilizes Corero and doesn't null route, attacks would still go through to my server just like OVH.

edited May 2021

@theprotector said:

@CConner said:

@theprotector said:

@TerensM said:

@theprotector said:

@Clouvider said:

Maybe you should delve a bit further and make a successful Rust server that 600 people are on and gets attacked every 30 minutes? The factual arguments is myself using many big DDoS protection providers out there and attacks still brought my server down... Even if a company utilizes Corero and doesn't null route, attacks would still go through to my server just like OVH.

It depends on the configuration of the Corero box. That’s not how it works.

What’s your affiliation with Path? Why are you shilling?