Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with fast CPU in Germany/Poland for ~$10/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with fast CPU in Germany/Poland for ~$10/mo

AXYZEAXYZE Member
edited April 2021 in Requests

Hey all!
My requirements for VPS:

• 2 cores, focus on single core performance
  • 8GB RAM
  • 80GB SSD, at least 60MB/s 4K read/write
  • 1Gbit with 20TB+ transfer
  • Germany/Poland location
  • DDoS Protection which kicks fast

On server there will be .NET Core app, Node.js and Nginx serving vue.js front (with SSR+rehydration). It will be site for comparing prices, specifications, customization of different products so majority of I/O will be on small files. I have 0 idea what SSR requires, but I think I would need good single/dual core for fast rendering. All visitors will be from Poland. Budget is quite flexible, but Im looking at ~$10 offers because I think they are already overkill for my app. Maximum budget is around $20/mo.

So with my requirements I already found some interesting offers:
Netcup RS 1000 G9
Hetzner CX31/CPX31

All of them look fine, but I have no idea which one is the best for me. Already tested Netcup and Hetzner and they are both fine. Which has better DDoS Protection in your opinion? Which has better support? What about downtime? For now I prefer Netcup because of very fast CPU, but I'm not sure if their DDoS protection works good... Please share your opinions! :)

Comments

• Maybe @seriesn could offer something good for you, especially talking about single core perf :smiley:

• @TeYroX said:
    Maybe @seriesn could offer something good for you, especially talking about single core perf :smiley:

Thanks for the mention fam. We might not be the right fit for the budget and requirements :(

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited April 2021

Just so you know php-friends has 5TB monthly bw limit on that plan.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

@xetsys said:

Just so you know php-friends has 5TB monthly bw limit on that plan.

Oh thank you! I thought "Traffic kostenlos" means unlimited. PHP Friends is out then...

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@seriesn said:

@TeYroX said:
    Maybe @seriesn could offer something good for you, especially talking about single core perf :smiley:

Thanks for the mention fam. We might not be the right fit for the budget and requirements :(

I can pay more - I posted ~$10 offers because from my tests they are already kinda overkill for me. If you can offer something which would be better than these Netcup/Hetzner offers then let me know :)

• Netcup looks great, but personally, i wouldn't recommend it.

Their customer support is not the best one + it can take time for the answer.

As also they will request ID verification + call and if something goes wrong, they will block your node :)

And read about their commitment. Prior notice is 31 days, so if you wanna cancel, technically you will need to pay/keep it for 1 month more.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • Well, I will recommend Netcup if you are on low budget. Their VPS & rootservers offers some of the best bang, read performance, for the buck in low budget. The verification part is easy. Just don't signup with proxy or provide any BS information. The turnaround time for support is also good. I frequently got response within 12 hours and sometimes even faster.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@CalmDown said:
    Netcup looks great, but personally, i wouldn't recommend it.

Their customer support is not the best one + it can take time for the answer.

As also they will request ID verification + call and if something goes wrong, they will block your node :)

And read about their commitment. Prior notice is 31 days, so if you wanna cancel, technically you will need to pay/keep it for 1 month more.

I already tested Netcup and passed their verification (they called me, but they didnt require ID), but I'm just not sure if they have good AntiDDoS for web, opinions are mixed. I also know about this cancellation thingy that's why I look on Hetzner where there's hourly billing and I can rescale/cancel my machine very easily in one minute, but their single core on VPS has half performance of Netcup root and Hetzner VDS/Root is too expensive. I tested both providers, they work fine and I love both of their pros (Hetzner billing and scaling, Netcup singlecore performance/price) and I just cant decide where to deploy...

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@xetsys said:
    Well, I will recommend Netcup if you are on low budget. Their VPS & rootservers offers some of the best bang, read performance, for the buck in low budget. The verification part is easy. Just don't signup with proxy or provide any BS information. The turnaround time for support is also good. I frequently got response within 12 hours and sometimes even faster.

Any experience with their AntiDDoS system? That's my main worry about them, I saw a lot of mixed opinions.

• @AXYZE said:

@seriesn said:

@TeYroX said:

I can pay more - I posted ~$10 offers because from my tests they are already kinda overkill for me. If you can offer something which would be better than these Netcup/Hetzner offers then let me know :)

Thanks for the prompt response boss. Is 20TB monthly transfer a minimum requirement or just a stretch ? Would fair share cpu usage work? What about expected average IOPS?

• @AXYZE said:

@xetsys said:
    Well, I will recommend Netcup if you are on low budget. Their VPS & rootservers offers some of the best bang, read performance, for the buck in low budget. The verification part is easy. Just don't signup with proxy or provide any BS information. The turnaround time for support is also good. I frequently got response within 12 hours and sometimes even faster.

Any experience with their AntiDDoS system? That's my main worry about them, I saw a lot of mixed opinions.

I mainly used it for downloading. So I am not in any position to comment on their DDoS protection. But given the overall specs, I am sure it would be better than most. You can always route the traffic via another host, like OVH, which has better DDoS protection.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

@seriesn said:

@AXYZE said:

@seriesn said:

@TeYroX said:

Thanks for the prompt response boss. Is 20TB monthly transfer a minimum requirement or just a stretch ? Would fair share cpu usage work? What about expected average IOPS?

20TB is stretch. With such high bandwidth Im sure I wont hit it. With 5TB limit like in PHP-Friends... Im not sure and this 10Mbps limit make it unusable for me. 10TB is minimum for me so I will feel comfortable with this. 20TB is ideal, because theres no way I will hit it.

This will be fresh start, I have no analytics how it will all work in real-world and also app will get more components with time so I cant say how much I/O I will need. From my internal tests even 1vCPU and 2GB ram would be enough, but I cant test SSR/Rehydration reliably. With SSR page is rendered on server and then sent to client, so I need fast CPU to minimize latency. After page is loaded rest things are done on client side (rehydration) so then I dont need that much performance. I dont know if I need dedi CPU, because overall CPU usage will be quite small, but in the same time I need something that will deal with these spikes when someone new visits page and server needs to render page ASAP. Wouldn't other people on shared CPU limit my "peak performance" which would be important for these spikes in CPU usage?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

You can find this sort of in Germany but in Poland the prices get a little bit higher comparatively.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@combahton_it maybe?

• @AXYZE said: 20TB is stretch. With such high bandwidth Im sure I wont hit it. With 5TB limit like in PHP-Friends... Im not sure and this 10Mbps limit make it unusable for me. 10TB is minimum for me so I will feel comfortable with this. 20TB is ideal, because theres no way I will hit it.

It seems to me that php-friends will easily increase the transfer limit for a small surcharge.

When it comes to DDoS Protection, I recommend using BuyVM + Path.net IP from @Francisco as a proxy/Gre tunnel. But this is expensive.

• Generally @spectraip is good to offer powerful perf for good price :). I definitively recommend to reach them here and share your needs + expected price.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

If Frankfurt is an option we might be able to work something out, we've got some capacity on a E2276g node which is 3.8ghz (4.9 turbo) so single core speed is pretty good.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We're a week away from launching our new EPYC KVMs in DE. Our EPYC-8G plan would be a good fit:
    EPYC-8G
    8GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    45GB NVMe Storage
    2 vCPU cores (AMD EPYC)
    4TB of Bandwidth
    €7.99/month

Or double that, still in your budget for 15.99EUR. All of our EPYCs are 2.8GHz+ and Germany would be at 3.0Ghz+