Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need high performance server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need high performance server

Hello good ppl of LET,

I am in need of 2 servers with EPYC or Xeon Gold CPU with a minimum of 1.5TB of ram. I tried with OVH and paid one but they are out of stock. Do you have recommendations where I can look for? My budget is 1.5k euro per server month. I need it for virtual desktops and planning to put Proxmox on it.

Thanks

Comments

• @mcipovic said: My budget is 1.5k euro per server month

Do you realise that Xeon Gold does not mean they are actually made of gold?

• Can it be used to mine gold? > @tetech said:

@mcipovic said: My budget is 1.5k euro per server month

Also, as in a total of 1.5TB RAM? Or per machine?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@tetech said:

@mcipovic said: My budget is 1.5k euro per server month

1.5TB Ram alone cost 5K+ euro
    And OP want 2 of them

• @mcipovic said:
    Hello good ppl of LET,

I am in need of 2 servers with EPYC or Xeon Gold CPU with a minimum of 1.5TB of ram. I tried with OVH and paid one but they are out of stock. Do you have recommendations where I can look for? My budget is 1.5k euro per server month. I need it for virtual desktops and planning to put Proxmox on it.

Thanks

go with the colocation server for this.
    it is difficult to find your requirement with a big provider also.
    I am curious to know if someone offering instead of custom.

• Haha, I know that they are not made of gold but their prices are like I am buying gold. xD

I need 2 servers with 1.5TB RAM each.

• @mhosting_in said:

@mcipovic said:
    Hello good ppl of LET,

Thanks

That's my last option. To buy one and ship it to the data center. But honestly, I need a quicker solution. Thanks for your input!

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Hetzner dell line has max 768GB ram as an add, maybe you should contact them if they can get you more.

• Just store your files on disk not the ram

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • Why do you need 1.5 TB of RAM? What are your CPU and disk usage requirements? What kind of bandwidth and network traffic patterns do you think you will have? We need more information to give you better recommendations...

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

I need to know other requirements. We have some Epyc's, they support up to 2TB RAM, but the price of RAM may be very high. Maybe payment in advance for like 3 months is possible? If the monthly contract, setup fee may be added.

• @ivysaur said:
    Why do you need 1.5 TB of RAM? What are your CPU and disk usage requirements? What kind of bandwidth and network traffic patterns do you think you will have? We need more information to give you better recommendations...

I need it for virtual desktop virtualization, mostly windows desktops where users will connect and work on them like office work, browser plus MS Office. I think with the 2.5Gbit link I would probably be fine. Regarding the CPU the stronger the better in terms of threads and a dual CPU configuration will be better. I have one already and I am using 3TB of 6TB of NVMe storage atm.

• Someone like OVH or Hetzner is probably your best bet. What exactly was out of stock with OVH? Their new scale 5/6 servers seem to be in stock and offering up to 1.5TB RAM.

• @WSCallum said:
    Someone like OVH or Hetzner is probably your best bet. What exactly was out of stock with OVH? Their new scale 5/6 servers seem to be in stock and offering up to 1.5TB RAM.

I ordered one 11 days ago and still, they didn't deliver it :/ That's why I came here for tips to find maybe another provider.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited April 2021

Even at one core per "instance" you're giving them 24GB of ram just for "office"? Surely, if you're gonna split threads into it as well its still 12gb of ram...nah.

Shared cores for windows...bruh. Good luck.

• @mcipovic said:

@WSCallum said:
    Someone like OVH or Hetzner is probably your best bet. What exactly was out of stock with OVH? Their new scale 5/6 servers seem to be in stock and offering up to 1.5TB RAM.

I ordered one 11 days ago and still, they didn't deliver it :/ That's why I came here for tips to find maybe another provider.

your requirement is very high few customer come with this required.

• mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited April 2021

@mhosting_in said:

@mcipovic said:
    Hello good ppl of LET,

Thanks

but this option good because you recently comment some providers still do not deliver in 11 days.
    and never seen an instant server provider with a 2TB ram.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@mcipovic said:
    Hello good ppl of LET,

Thanks

What location are you looking for?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Buy this one.
    Guaranteed high performance.
    You can download 24 hours of 4K video (42GB per hour) in just 14 seconds.
    "Requested poorly so little disk", but you can store the whole season in RAM.

https://www.thinkmate.com/system/a+-server-4124gs-tnr

• @yoursunny said:
    Buy this one.
    Guaranteed high performance.
    You can download 24 hours of 4K video (42GB per hour) in just 14 seconds.
    "Requested poorly so little disk", but you can store the whole season in RAM.

https://www.thinkmate.com/system/a+-server-4124gs-tnr

Those with 3rd Gen Epyc is delayed to Late June, so OP need to buy 2nd Gen Epyc instead.

• We would be happy to help you! :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2021

2nd and 3rd gen Epyc is gold dust in wholesale. 3rd gen order delayed with no ETA, 2nd gen delayed with no ETA. Not sure what happened with AMD. Intel had stock issues, but AMD was never that bad.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said: Intel had stock issues, but AMD was never that bad.

Intel should be using their own fabs (they did Christmas sales due to abundance of stock), AMD is swamped with demand, they're facing part shortages (not the actual silicon from TSMC but a part that goes on top of it iirc).

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I’m talking server CPUs. There’s no such thing as sales with Intel in enterprise segment ;-).

And over the past year+ no such thing like quick fulfilment from Intel either.

• https://www.worldstream.com/en/dedicated-servers?
    Starting Price 895EUR 1536GB RAM