Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Tampa] Spearware Networks Special Deals! 45% off all services AND a free RAM upgrade! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Tampa] Spearware Networks Special Deals! 45% off all services AND a free RAM upgrade!

2»

Comments

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited April 2021

Well you are supposed to be a provider offering collocation etc. And first you brought up port blocking and then sniffing the traffic to identify it. Thats why I would never be comfortable hosting anything with you.

Thanks for answer SWN_Michael. I didnt want to argue in your offer thread, but the other guy wanted to answer my question that was pointed at you.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@drizbo said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said: Never said I did or that @SWN_Michael does.

And whatever you do on the internet is always in one form or fashion sniffed and analyzed. How else do you think a packet knows to go from one server to another?

Well you are supposed to be a provider offering collocation etc. And first you brought up port blocking and then sniffing the traffic to identify it. Thats why I would never be comfortable hosting anything with you.

Thanks for answer SWN_Michael. I didnt want to argue in your offer thread, but the other guy wanted to answer my question that was pointed at you.

And you don't have to host anything with me. That is your choice.
    We by default block port 25 like majority of the hosts here on LET to stop people from spamming our IP addresses. That can be solved by a ticket in most cases.
    But hey. You do you boo boo.

• Just upgraded another order! 1 RAM upgrade left!

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    And you don't have to host anything with me. That is your choice.
    We by default block port 25 like majority of the hosts here on LET to stop people from spamming our IP addresses. That can be solved by a ticket in most cases.

Why are you still here? Did some other hosts ruin your offer thread?

Need some help? I can help you, really.

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited April 2021

@DataIdeas-Josh said: And you >don't have to host anything with me. That is your choice.
    We by default block port 25 like majority of the hosts here on LET to stop people from >spamming our IP addresses. That can be solved by a ticket in most cases.

I dont think that is true, I'm with plenty of providers from LET and none of them have port 25 blocked. Zero. I dont think SWN does either, since we are in their thread.

I checked your hobo website, theres no mention of any ports being blocked anywhere. Dont you think its important to note that you are completely blocking mailing ports? I suppose if person buys a server he expects network access if not explicitly noted otherwise.

Especially since you are blabling about TOS/AUP etc, which is poorly written and quite hidden on your website. https://dataideas.com/TOS/ <- kinda yikes, I would also remind you that just cause you write something in your little pdf it doesnt make it a law and some of what you have there wouldnt hold if anyone would want to dispute it. Link is also only visible after you click order and not on main page even.

And you should add to your privacy statement that you like to snoop on your customers traffic.

• @drizbo said:

That was clearly a hypothetical though

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    Also if @SWN_Michael has a scanner/sniffer it is still possible to block gaming ports with an active DB that has games and what ports they use.
    Is it possible to bypass something like that? Yes.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@drizbo said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    We by default block port 25 like majority of the hosts here on LET to stop people from >spamming our IP addresses. That can be solved by a ticket in most cases.

I dont think that is true, I'm with plenty of providers from LET and none of them have port 25 blocked. Zero.

VirMach famously blocks port 25 egress.
    Even if they unblock you, their IP range are on all the RBL anyways.

I've even seen a provider blocking 25, 465, 587 altogether.
    You can't even mail via MXroute, although you can just SparkPost HTTP based API.
    I couldn't find that offer anymore.

• @drizbo said:
    I dont think that is true, I'm with plenty of providers from LET and none of them have port 25 blocked. Zero. I dont think SWN does either, since we are in their thread.

There's quite a few who block it by default and require a ticket to get it unblocked. BuyVM is one off the top of my head. We're likely going to do the same here soon.

• Also, let's not talk about issues with other providers on my thread.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited April 2021

RAM upgrade special ended! Thanks for all the interest! 45% off sale is still active!

edited April 2021

Too bad it was for new clients only... :disappointed:
    Anyways time to start actually using that VPS I have with you. :lol:

• Just a heads up, IPv6 is close to rolling out, maybe 2-3 weeks from now.

Thanked by 2yoursunny DP

Shiny

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@SWN_Michael said:
    Just a heads up, IPv6 is close to rolling out, maybe 2-3 weeks from now.

That's good.

Hope all goes well sir.