Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone used TinyCP, Whats your expierence.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone used TinyCP, Whats your expierence.

our first impression is that TinyCP is very nice, it is tiny. it has all the settings on first sight but i love to know if someone allready used it, and how did that go?

Comments

• Solid as a rock for me. Mentioned this before in a thread a few months back.

Thanked by 1antpeks
  • team_traitorteam_traitor Member
    edited April 2021

can you uninstall this anytime? I am interested on this tinycp. It has nice ui/ux

• TejyTejy Member

I've tried, and I still prefer Keyhelp (Free), or Plesk (paid).

Thanked by 10x65
  • @Tejy why you prefer keyhelp ?

• LeviLevi Member

Looks fishy and amateur AF. I would stay away from "beta" versions on anything remotely production.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

The community looks like it's a dead project.
    Anyway if you're looking for something for production use then try some paid ones like plesk or directadmin instead

• I feel very happy after 2 weeks use it. I need only very simple panel. If you need the function which help you manage and edit file online I prefer to use aaPanel.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Demo is broken, community forum is full of spam posts for months and nobody cares.
    I'd say this project is more than dead. I wouldn't use software like this on any host on the public internet as most likely nobody will ever release any security fixes for that piece of software.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2021

It's sad that it isn't more active, as it works perfectly well for a couple of small sites, with minimal resource usage. Ideal for a small VPS, such as from Virmach.
    The antithesis of APISCP. :-|

Reminds me of the way PicoCMS has gone (though it uses/used more bloat).
    Same with otherwise great PixieCMS :'(

• fbmyfbmy Member

@AlwaysSkint said:
    with minimal resource usage. Ideal for a small VPS, such as from Virmach.
    The antithesis of APISCP. :-|

hi man,
    it looks like you still can't use ApisCP properly

Thanked by 1nem
    edited April 2021

@fbmy said: it looks like you still can't use ApisCP properly

Can you run it well on less than 2GB RAM and 10GB storage? No; well STFU, or don't you understand the meaning of anthesis?

This is supposed to be lowendtalk - ApisCP overhead on a 16/64GB RAM 1TB storage server is negligible: back at the low-end, not so.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

Runs fine on 1 GB... in fact that's what I recommend for PowerDNS nodes. You don't have feature parity in low-memory mode with a normal ApisCP install, but then again I'm not aware of any panel on the market that has feature parity with ApisCP as it stands.

Thanked by 1fbmy
    edited April 2021

@nem I've criticised ApisCP resources before but being a thread about TinyCP it's nowhere near comparable in a regular control panel environment, hence antithesis. I was (mearly?) pointing that out.
    Your 'solution' has its' place.
    (Keyhelp/Fastpanel appears to be "closer" to TinyCP.)

• fbmyfbmy Member

@AlwaysSkint said:

@fbmy said: it looks like you still can't use ApisCP properly

Can you run it well on less than 2GB RAM and 10GB storage? No; well STFU, or don't you understand the meaning of anthesis?

i am running some ApisCP on 1GB RAM VPS with Low Memory Mode

okay, let's compare apple to apple like the features that @nem has described

do other control panels have Magic like ApisCP ?

The magic comes once you price out third-party licenses that are core features of ApisCP.

1. Softaculous ($1/month) already built into ApisCP’s Web App module.

2. CloudLinux ($10/month) already built into ApisCP. All accounts are jailed to synthetic roots, a feature of ApisCP since its birth in 2002. Resource enforcement, just like in CloudLinux, is powered by cgroups - a native kernel feature.

3. Immunify360 ($45/month) Malware scrubs, DDoS prevention are managed through Rampart in ApisCP. A mod_security hook filters file uploads and sends an alert to block offending IPs.

4. MailChannels ($79/month) - or any smart-host. If you have enough servers and enough diversity in mail, ApisCP can communicate over an rspamd cluster that provides excellent spam mitigation. Clustering is a turnkey feature in Bootstrapper.

5. WP Toolkit. Cloning, snapshots, renames, SSO, "AI updates" (a/k/a just checking page size + status codes) all inclusive.

Thanked by 4seriesn nem Saahib level6
    edited April 2021

@fbmy Pissing competition! ..

free -h
    total used free shared buff/cache available
    Mem: 240M 101M 27M 9.2M 111M 121M
    Swap: 255M 272K 255M

@fbmy Good luck in running all of the above mentioned 'stuff' in 1GB RAM.
    Softaculous + WP Toolkit: the World doesn't revolve around around these optional items. :-/

Game over, FaceBook dude.

edited April 2021

BTW: Latest TinyCP update = 2.240.0 at 2021-04-08 11:49, so not 'dead'.
    I sent the developer/coder/programmer/scripter a wee beer money donation, during this thread. 'Cos 5 bucks is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

• fbmyfbmy Member
    edited April 2021

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @fbmy Pissing competition! ..

free -h
    total used free shared buff/cache available
    Mem: 240M 101M 27M 9.2M 111M 121M
    Swap: 255M 272K 255M

@fbmy Good luck in running all of the above mentioned 'stuff' in 1GB RAM.
    Softaculous + WP Toolkit: the World doesn't revolve around around these optional items. :-/

Game over, FaceBook dude.

ApisCP on 6 bucks vps from virmach

free -h

total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available

Mem: 865M 304M 267M 38M 293M 373M
    Swap: 1.7G 273M 1.5G

dashboard view

@AlwaysSkint you just don't learn

Thanked by 1nem
  • @fbmy If/when I find time, I may give it another look and even fire up my already installed VM. I'm willing to be proven wrong - it does happen. ;)

Thanked by 1fbmy
  • Off topic but for an update..
    On a Proxmox KVM defined as 1048MiB (1.02GiB) because 1024MiB (1GiB) is insufficient:

upcp -b

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "WARNING: ApisCP is not guaranteed to work on a 1 GB machine. Continue at your own risk.\nHit CTRL + C to abort or wait 30 seconds to continue.\n---\nTotal memory detected: 990 MB\n"}

Granted that this particular command may not be required; dunno, is the short answer. I'll leave ApisCP running for a few days and might even try adding a website to it.

Meanwhile, TinyCP does an upgrade within two minutes and continues to serve up my wee site. :)