Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap cPanel solo license?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap cPanel solo license?

GuineaGuinea Member
edited April 2021 in Requests

Hello, now that I am shutting down my hosting business (for a variety of reasons), I am needing to find a cheap cPanel solo license for my personal VPS (aws lightsail), and no, I don't want to use DA, I had enough issues when using it for my business, and I don't mind paying a little more for a good product (and one that isn't limited to 10 domains). The lowest (legit) that I have found is $12/month which is a bit more than I'm willing to pay. I'm wondering if there is any cheaper legit place to buy a solo license from that is a bit more reasonable (around $8-$9)? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Comments

• No there is not .

You either pay the cost or find another alternative panel .

Thanked by 1Guinea
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I think the minimum price on it is $12/month? Maybe even $15/m now?

Francisco

• GuineaGuinea Member
    edited April 2021

@Francisco said:
    I think the minimum price on it is $12/month? Maybe even $15/m now?

Francisco

Yep on the cPanel official site you can buy it for $15, but looking at the partner pricing, it's $7 (though I have no idea about minimums), however it makes sense that partners would actually want to make more than $1-$2 on each license :D That's (the partner price) the only reason I thought there might be someplace cheaper.

• JioJio Member

i thought solo cloud only available as INTERNAL, cant be used elsewhere ?

• @Jio said:
    i thought solo cloud only available as INTERNAL, cant be used elsewhere ?

On the cheapest one I've been looking at, which is $12.75, it doesn't mention that you have to use it on their VPS, though there also isn't any place to put in an IP when checking out. You may very well be right, I'll check with them.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

You need to buy directly from cPanel. Partners can offer with their servers only.

• @ExonHost said:
    You need to buy directly from cPanel. Partners can offer with their servers only.

Ah, I see, now it makes sense why the other ones I was looking at cost more than the official cPanel site. When I get a response from the $12 provider, I'll update here though.

• Yeah partners can only provide them for/with their own services not for external, so the cheapest place realistically is to get it off of your own provider.

• GuineaGuinea Member
    edited April 2021

Welp, I ended up going with OVH, seeing that I can get a VPS (with unlimited bandwidth!) + cPanel solo for $13.99/month total, which is certainly reasonable to me. As for the $12 provider, still not sure on that, but I won't be looking any further obviously.

Hopefully I don't have to verify my ID or anything though (order is processing), I had that problem many years ago when I tried to register a domain with OVH..

• @Guinea said:
    Hello, now that I am shutting down my hosting business (for a variety of reasons), I am needing to find a cheap cPanel solo license for my personal VPS (aws lightsail), and no, I don't want to use DA, I had enough issues when using it for my business, and I don't mind paying a little more for a good product (and one that isn't limited to 10 domains). The lowest (legit) that I have found is $12/month which is a bit more than I'm willing to pay. I'm wondering if there is any cheaper legit place to buy a solo license from that is a bit more reasonable (around $8-$9)? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

try webuzo and save more money also.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

I see that you have finally found a provider (OHV) but I'm still going to give in my 2 cents.
    Cpanel licenses thru resellers are internal only. And if a host says otherwise then what they might just be doing is simply selling you a pirated license. So just beware if you ever will want to move away from OVH.

Thanked by 1Guinea
  • HaBangNetHaBangNet Member, Host Rep

get it directly with your host, usually is $5-$7 monthly, there is no way cpanel solo external license, unless directly at cpanel store. As the license should be bundle with the service under cpanel partner agreement, when you request for the license enable on the manage2 panel.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

No partner NOC offers the solo license as far as I know. You need to purchase directly from the cPanel.

• Websoftsolus