Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why there is no Ramadan offers ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why there is no Ramadan offers ?

Hi

Im just curious why nobody offering something for Ramadan since you create offers for Christmas , Easter etc !

Comments

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

What kind of offers would you be interested in? VPS? Dedi? shared hosting? other?

• @Alexvuk said:
    Hi

Im just curious why nobody offering something for Ramadan since you create offers for Christmas , Easter etc !

What kind of VPS offers are you thinking? I'd imagine most providers here aren't in places that Ramadan is widely celebrated.

• @seriesn said:
    Ramadan is the month of control. Eid is when celebration happens ;)

Indeed

• This really makes you wonder, doesn't it? Apologies if this may come off as offensive, but may be there just aren't many providers in hosting business who care about it, or more importantly advertise it here? There may be an alternate platform, may be arabic/persian forums, where they could be advertising these sales.

• May be they think it is not a big market to launch promotions for.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @seriesn said:

Very aptly put!

Thanked by 2seriesn ivysaur
  • @xetsys said:
    This really makes you wonder, doesn't it? Apologies if this may come off as offensive, but may be there just aren't many providers in hosting business who care about it, or more importantly advertise it here? There may be an alternate platform, may be arabic/persian forums, where they could be advertising these sales.

The way you started off your post already sounds like you are one of those racist motherfuckers.

• bkjbkj Member

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@xetsys said:
    This really makes you wonder, doesn't it? Apologies if this may come off as offensive, but may be there just aren't many providers in hosting business who care about it, or more importantly advertise it here? There may be an alternate platform, may be arabic/persian forums, where they could be advertising these sales.

The way you started off your post already sounds like you are one of those racist motherfuckers.

He has a true point. You are looking more bad than he his right now, why curse?
    And he has a point anyway.

• I've seen Eid offers. Usually there are offers all around on Eid but not on the ramadan month.

• @Ahfaiahkid said:

@xetsys said:

racism? where?

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @Alexvuk said:
    Hi

Hi dear friend
    First of all, I congratulate you and your family on this dear month. I hope your obedience and worship have been justified.

This association is not for Muslims, but if you need a service.
    You can open a new discussion.

• @Midasolaiman said:

@Alexvuk said:
    Hi

Hi dear friend
    First of all, I congratulate you and your family on this dear month. I hope your obedience and worship have been justified.

First of all im not muslim , and second it was a question because i saw that providers posting offers about christmas and easter so i asked why no one posting offers about ramadan , so if this is not a muslim association is a christian one ?
    Btw: To many racists here

• No need to play the race card. I am a Muslim myself, though not a religious one. Been years without visiting a mosque.

However, Ramadan is different from Christmas and Easter. It just is not a market big enough to spend energy on promotions. It never was. Christmas and Ramadan are basically very different. While on first you celebrate new year with shopping, gifts, partying and unifiying with family, at the latter you are advised to control your appetite, consume less and focus on the spiritual side of the world.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited April 2021

Let me repeat since it seems you didn't see the replies or chose to deliberately ignore them.

@Alexvuk said:
    First of all im not muslim , and second it was a question because i saw that providers posting offers about christmas and easter so i asked why no one posting offers about ramadan , so if this is not a muslim association is a christian one ?

👇

@seriesn said:

@Alexvuk said:

👇

@Arthas said:
    racism? where?

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited April 2021

first of all do u understand what this month of Ramadan means?

• @Alexvuk said:

@Midasolaiman said:

@Alexvuk said:
    Hi

Hi dear friend

I did not say that these associations are racist. I just said there are few Muslims

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Midasolaiman said:

@Alexvuk said:

@Midasolaiman said:

@Alexvuk said:
    Hi

Hi dear friend

I did not say that these associations are racist. I just said there are few Muslims

There are lots of muslims. Just apparently not on LET.

Nobody cares about celebrations and holidays which THEY do not observe, or can participate in without having to share some beliefs.

Christmas is a Christian holiday, yes, but is celebrated around the world by non Christians too. It's more cultural and even commercial.

Nobody cares about things they do not/can not participate in.

The real question is, where are all the Muslim run hosts? Shouldn't they be the ones offering EID deals?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@randvegeta said: Shouldn't they be the ones offering EID deals?

When it's actually Eid, they most likely will.

But it's not Eid yet, so yeah, no deals.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@seriesn said: Ramadan is the month of control.

That may be too simple. For example, Muhammad was married during Ramadan and so are/were many Muslims. While yes, there is a lot of self-control required during Ramadan, there's also a lot of celebration. I saw an article once on how the sale of stomach remedies (antacids, etc.) skyrockets in Muslim countries during Ramadan. Muslims I know sometimes eat MORE during Ramadan than during other times of the year - and in some Muslim families there are programmed feasts that start once the sun goes down. Not the norm, but pure ascetic fasting is not the norm either.

@xetsys said: This really makes you wonder, doesn't it? Apologies if this may come off as offensive, but may be there just aren't many providers in hosting business who care about it, or more importantly advertise it here? There may be an alternate platform, may be arabic/persian forums, where they could be advertising these sales.

I think it's just pure market mechanics. If this forum was 90% Muslim or came from majority Muslim countries, you'd see a lot of deals aimed at that market. I think @DreamCaster has a point as well - some holidays are more traditionally "sales oriented".

@Alexvuk said: Btw: To many racists here

Stop that.

@Ahfaiahkid said: The way you started off your post already sounds like you are one of those racist motherfuckers.

Nope.

• afnafn Member

As a matter of fact, I saw some Arabic reseller offering a promo on seedboxes and RDP for Ramadan (not on LET).

Muslims I know sometimes eat MORE during Ramadan than during other times of the year

Even though, it is initially about self-control, some people fail to manage their eating habits correctly after the sun goes down.

@raindog308 said:

I saw an article once on how the sale of stomach remedies (antacids, etc.) skyrockets in Muslim countries during Ramadan.

Simply, because family members usually don't eat together due to difference in work, school, etc schedule so each will usually grab something to eat whenever they can. Meanwhile in Ramadan I can guess, since they all eat at the same time, they usually prepare family dinners, sit on the same table, which sometimes encourage people to eat more while sitting together...

@DreamCaster has a point as well - some holidays are more traditionally "sales oriented".

Yeah , I saw in most middle eastern countries, they have offers on stuff like food during ramadan and maybe sales starts even few weeks before Ramadan but never saw offers on clothes or electronics during ramadan in malls (not saying they don't exist, but at least I never saw it).

• @seriesn said:

you know it well buddy :smile:
    So, I'll wait your Ied offers.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:

Chhaa gaye !

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Heyo,

Ramadan is made to think of people who can not afford as much things as you can do, that's why you purchase in the Ramadan Month fewer things than you would normally do, having a sale to purchase things you do not need. (Servers are not one of your life needs) there is no point of giving a sale. Altrough on Eid you can celebrate maybe a few sales on here. But keep one thing in mind: Do not call us racist, know your facts.

Thanked by 2ivysaur William
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@0xOkami said: Servers are not one of your life needs

Thanked by 5pike ivysaur BBTN imok Ouji
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• @raindog308 said:

@0xOkami said: Servers are not one of your life needs

• İ know there are many Muslim here, they just do not express them selves, promotions would be nice but as others said "some holidays are more traditionally "sales oriented"." totally agree, Ramadan should not be a Sales Oriented celebration thing. It would be against the nature of the month of Ramadan.

• CybrCybr Member
    edited May 2021

@washaq said:
    İ know there are many Muslim here, they just do not express them selves, promotions would be nice but as others said "some holidays are more traditionally "sales oriented"." totally agree, Ramadan should not be a Sales Oriented celebration thing. It would be against the nature of the month of Ramadan.

Providers should increase prices to discourage sales in celebration of Ramadan.

Thanked by 2randvegeta BlaZe
  • seriesnseriesn Member

@Cybr said:

@washaq said:
    İ know there are many Muslim here, they just do not express them selves, promotions would be nice but as others said "some holidays are more traditionally "sales oriented"." totally agree, Ramadan should not be a Sales Oriented celebration thing. It would be against the nature of the month of Ramadan.

Providers should increase prices to discourage sales in celebration of Ramadan.

That’s haram too.