Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is your preferred Billing system and why?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
edited April 2021 in General

Which is your preferred Billing system?
  1. Which One?54 votes
    1. Blesta
      44.44%
    2. Clientexec
      20.37%
    3. HostBill
      35.19%

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

Hostbill

Why?
    Super support
    Regular updates without braking something
    Have everything we need

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

Clientexec because of the price and the very good support. It does the job quite well.

Thanked by 1Alex_Clientexec
  • visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

Blesta is good because of price and also support is very good and every month security updates received

Thanked by 2Ticaga pphillips
  • BlestaExecBill.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

ModernBill?

Thanked by 1jh
  • LeeLee Veteran

WHMCS, great features, good pricing.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I second WHMCS, great egos, good morals.

Thanked by 2jh coolice
  • Blesta. We are not selling with an open store though, at least at the moment. We use Blesta for managing and invoicing accounts of our clients where we provide shared hosting, basic web design and social media management.

Thanked by 2pphillips Ticaga
  • If Bless was just a little quicker in developing..

• @webcraft said:
    If Bless was just a little quicker in developing..

Blesta has a a team of 3 developers and a support guy, WHMCS didn't get to it was without a years of development, Blesta 3.0 was re-written from the bottom up, WHMCS has been built on the same software since V1.0 where Matt started out on his own and they have apparently 27+ developers...

Loads of development companies building modules for whmcs helped it get traction, some of them have got Blesta dev licenses so hopefully there will be more addons. But if you don't help invest into Blesta the capital to hire more developers / staff won't be there.

If it's not there how do you expect them to build Blesta "quicker"

I'm just being a little bit realistic here. Anyway :)

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited April 2021

@Blestastore said:
    Loads of development companies building modules for whmcs helped it get traction, some of them have got Blesta dev licenses so hopefully there will be more addons.

All third-party extensions I require are available. The missing one I created myself. That's fine. But what's not good working is the domain management. If a domain is created through blesta, I rather manage it in my registrar's panel. Same for download and licenses (this might have improved, tested with v4), options for like changelog or special licensing terms are missing. I've read that those things have been stressed a couple times (like over a year ago) and thus reached the developers attention. This is a core functionality for this product imo and if I'm not satisfied with how it's working but there's an outlook for improvement, it feels like slowmotion if I still get the same experience after a year.

@Blestastore said:
    But if you don't help invest into Blesta the capital to hire more developers / staff won't be there.

I'm not an Investor, I'm buying a product. And I'm buying if I expect to be satisfied with the product and benefit of it.
    ClientExec and other competitors might not be too much better at this (if at all) but it appears that blesta benefited quite a bit from recent whmcs story hence I expect them to take action and initiate phase one of rocket start soon.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited April 2021

@webcraft said: I'm not an Investor, I'm buying a product.

I would argue it is the same thing. Except the product is an actual product and not stonks.

Either way you are providing cash-flow for development.

Looking forward to domain improvements too, but I believe in them.

After they took on development of the NameSilo module it started to improve quickly.

I think we'll see some good stuff.

• TicagaTicaga Member
    edited April 2021

@webcraft said:

@Blestastore said:
    Loads of development companies building modules for whmcs helped it get traction, some of them have got Blesta dev licenses so hopefully there will be more addons.

All third-party extensions I require are available. The missing one I created myself. That's fine. But what's not good working is the domain management. If a domain is created through blesta, I rather manage it in my registrar's panel. Same for download and licenses (this might have improved, tested with v4), options for like changelog or special licensing terms are missing. I've read that those things have been stressed a couple times (like over a year ago) and thus reached the developers attention. This is a core functionality for this product imo and if I'm not satisfied with how it's working but there's an outlook for improvement, it feels like slowmotion if I still get the same experience after a year.

It's coming in 5.1, I really would love to see you try and do a billing system with two people :)

You can see the public tasks for development:-

Working on: https://dev.blesta.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=1&projectKey=CORE&quickFilter=2

Finished: https://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE/versions/11703

@Blestastore said:
    But if you don't help invest into Blesta the capital to hire more developers / staff won't be there.

I'm not an Investor, I'm buying a product. And I'm buying if I expect to be satisfied with the product and benefit of it.
    ClientExec and other competitors might not be too much better at this (if at all) but it appears that blesta benefited quite a bit from recent whmcs story hence I expect them to take action and initiate phase one of rocket start soon.

Fair enough. Personally like Michael I think it's the same thing. If you don't shop local at a coffee shop they will close down. If I don't host with a company they'll close down.

• The forgotten choice, AWBS.com
    No hassles, it just works

• donkodonko Member

Blesta <3

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • WHMCS is no longer preferred?

• @SmallWeb said:
    I would argue it is the same thing. Except the product is an actual product and not stonks.

I'd say the expectation is a different. If I buy stonks this is an investment into future and I believe into a better development in the future. If I buy a product I look at how something is right now and how to benefit from it at.the moment (not long term future as with shares).

• @Blestastore said: WHMCS has been built on the same software since V1.0 where Matt started out on his own and they have apparently 27+ developers.

Why are you lying? Amazing I would say.

WHMCS was rewritten completely a few times actually but logic and structure were kept the same.

If you haven't seen the source code of WHMCS (I have it lol) don't judge by simply looking at the same interface.

• LeviLevi Member

@alexvolk said:

@Blestastore said: WHMCS has been built on the same software since V1.0 where Matt started out on his own and they have apparently 27+ developers.

WHMCS was rewritten completely a few times actually but logic and structure were kept the same.

If you haven't seen the source code of WHMCS (I have it lol) don't judge by simply looking at the same interface.

Isn't whmcs now is basically laravel?

• @LTniger said:
    Isn't whmcs now is basically laravel?

Kinda 80/20 - they still have their own structure and logic so you can't say that it's a basically Laravel app, however, they're using anything that Laravel or any other OS library could do better than them.

%80 consists of OS and %20 of custom code.

Actually, this is a bit funny because looking at it you could understand without open-source they would never achieve what they have now... and keeping 27 developers looking at the same code again and again lol.

I can understand the need for such an amount of developers but there is no visible progress over years. If HostBill had so many developers I don't know maybe after one year it would be an OnApp clone.

Also, HostBill is a fork of WHMCS (judging by the structure and code quality of the first versions which looks completely copy-pasted code).

You guys should know that WHMCS actually was selling an open-source version under NDA.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

having tried all three listed in the poll:
    I have voted for blesta with hostbill being a close second.

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • We have been using WHMCS for more than 10 years now but have tested hostbill and blesta recently.

We are quite impressed with hostbill.
    The amount of modules that are available and working out of the box is impressive.
    The software seems solid and from the admin interface it clearly has roots in the same logic / architecture as whmcs.

Maybe lacks some polising in the UI with the default skin but really does the job and has many small options / tunes that you only get in whmcs when ordering modules from ModulesGarden & co.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

If you have the capital and/or know-how to do so, a custom solution is the way to go. There is no billing system that perfectly fits everyone's way of doing business, unless it being purpose built.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited April 2021

@deank said:
    I second WHMCS, great egos, good morals.

I third that Great company Values and Corporate Social Responsibility only bigots do not like them ! (20 kilotons of sarcasm)

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • @alexvolk said:

@Blestastore said: WHMCS has been built on the same software since V1.0 where Matt started out on his own and they have apparently 27+ developers.

Considering they built their core on the PHP Register Globals until Localhost.re called them out, they started improving some code base. They also had an security fix recently which apparently was on loads of versions but only patched V7.7+ up and not below, which is why their ex moderator and main support I know of Bear turn on them.

I used to use WHMCS until May 2013 and I've been following them since so I'd love to see why you think they are re-written unless you had the source code, you can get it from Github though for some versions.

• I am using blesta but I like hostbill.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I’m swaying more to HostBill, but apparent clientexec will have some good integrations by may.

• I've been using HostBill for few months, so far it's okay, I like their support as well

• WHMCS i heard it's getting even more cheaper ?