Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS from 0,29 € / month - BudgetVM.host now online!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS from 0,29 € / month - BudgetVM.host now online!

HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

Since today our new website BudgetVM.host is online.

Here you can find KVM NAT servers at incredible prices from 0,29 € / month. Based on the already existing and stable infrastructure of KTS24, quite usable vServers are hosted on older HP Enterprise G8 hardware.

With all offers the following features are included:

• Hosted in the KTS24.com Cloud
  • KVM virtualization
  • own ISO files possible
  • 100 public IPv4 Ports inclusive
  • 1 GBit/s connection
  • Traffic fair use

VPS Entry for 0,29 € / month:

• 1 vCore
  • 0,5 GB memory
  • 5 GB HDD
  • public IPv6

VPS Pro for 0,49 € / month:

• 1 vCore
  • 0,5 GB memory
  • 5 GB SSD
  • public IPv6

VPS Pro for 1,99 € / month:

• 1 Ryzen vCore
  • 1 GB memory
  • 10 GB NVMe SSD
  • public IPv6

https://budgetvm.host/

Powered by the wonderful team of KTS24, we offer the best price for a small server without dedicated IPv4 Address and hope you enjoy

Comments

• this remind me to the old budget vm host. i think they're deadpooled.

Thanked by 1bleidd
  • Isn't it a little non-fairplay to use the name of an existing provider just changing the gTLD? Could't you find a name of the product/site that is unique and not to be confused with another company?

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

The name was chosen spontaneously and without any ulterior motives.
    To be honest, I didn't even check whether there was a provider with the same name, but I don't think it would have been worthwhile to look for a name for such a project for a long time.

We have been active here on the forum since 2013 and have been offering servers for just as long.
    Previously optimised for gaming, we offered our services under the websites https://gt-host.de (soon available again under https://gametown.host ) and https://mc-gameserver.de.

Since 2018, we have been offering hosting services for end customers entirely under the KTS24.com brand.

• jvnadr said:
    Isn't it a little non-fairplay to use the name of an existing provider just changing the gTLD? Could't you find a name of the product/site that is unique and not to be confused with another company?

That BudgetVM deadpooled I think, with negative review too.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/33813/avoid-budgetvm-at-all-costs

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited April 2021

@jvnadr said:
    Isn't it a little non-fairplay to use the name of an existing provider just changing the gTLD? Could't you find a name of the product/site that is unique and not to be confused with another company?

Somewhat true, but there are pros and cons for having a unique brand name and also for having something very generic, where there the name could have been registered in the past several times, by different people, for different purposes.

If it's for personal use, most people don't really care and don't bother about the domain's history. But if it's for business purposes, the owner of the domain should at least perform due diligence so that they are aware and so that they will be able to clarify any questions or doubts people may have pertaining to their brand and/or domain name in future.

I too have domain names which seems to have some history here on LET, but nothing dramatic. I'm only responsible for the name from the day it becomes my responsibility, until it's not, and that's when it's sold and transferred :D

just my 2 cents.

• Is the "Enterprise" offer just as expensive as your normal KVM with public IPv4 (also SSD but no Ryzen)?

@webcraft said:
    Is the "Enterprise" offer just as expensive as your normal KVM with public IPv4 (also SSD but no Ryzen)?

Our SSD and Ryzen series are fundamentally different from each other and should not be compared (the CPU performance of the Ryzen is significantly greater).

However, I am not sure I understand your question either.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @GameTownProjects said:

@webcraft said:
    Is the "Enterprise" offer just as expensive as your normal KVM with public IPv4 (also SSD but no Ryzen)?

Our SSD and Ryzen series are fundamentally different from each other and should not be compared (the CPU performance of the Ryzen is significantly greater).

However, I am not sure I understand your question either.

Yes, the question was if the only difference is the CPU. So if we trade in the dedi IPv4 for the Ryzen upgrade.

• No IPv6??

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited April 2021

Location and datacenter? Any looking glass or test IP?
    I'm guessing it's Skylink datacenter in NL according to kts24.com?

• where server location?

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited April 2021

@kalimov622 said:
    Location and datacenter? Any looking glass or test IP?

@ramonwap said:
    where server location?

SkyLink Eygelshoven, Netherlands.
    LG: lg.kts24.com

At least this is the information for the kts24.com service and it's said same infrastructure so I suppose this is the same data center too.

Thanked by 1ramonwap
  • Is it possible to order without having to add 5 euros first? It should be possible to pay monthly or yearly invoice directly

Thanked by 1bleidd
  • @webcraft said: SkyLink Eygelshoven, Netherlands.

Yep, thanks. Was just editing my post assuming it was the same data center advertised on kts24.com

Haven't found a test IP address yet so maybe @GameTownProjects can provide one.

edited April 2021

@kalimov622 said:

@webcraft said: SkyLink Eygelshoven, Netherlands.

Yep, thanks. Was just editing my post assuming it was the same data center advertised on kts24.com

Haven't found a test IP address yet so maybe @GameTownProjects can provide one.

lg.kts24.com

Voxility from FRA to NL.

Thanked by 1kalimov622

We will add LG on BudgetVM and KTS24 this evening.
    https://lg.nl.haendler.it/

Since BudgetVM uses the KTS24 Cloud: Yes all servers are located in the Skylink-Data-Center in Eygelshoven.

• How much IPv6 each vm?

edited April 2021

@add_iT said:
    How much IPv6 each vm?

Only one, as we have not yet found a solution to assign a subnet instead of individual IPs to a service.
    Also currently, the automatic IPv6 configuration does not work, but we are already working on both problems.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Which DC?

There is more information at https://kts24.com/about/datacenter
    I'll probably link to it directly on the website.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@GameTownProjects said:

@add_iT said:
    How much IPv6 each vm?

Only one, as we have not yet found a solution to assign a subnet instead of individual IPs to a service.
    Also currently, the automatic IPv6 configuration does not work, but we are already working on both problems.

We need routed IPv6 subnet!

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • bollebolle Member

@GameTownProjects said:

So, for IPv6 we need to open the ticket?

edited April 2021

@bolle said:

@GameTownProjects said:

I guess by "automatic IPv6 configuration" he means that there's no DHCPv6 available. The IPv6 will be automatically assigned though, just not configured in your OS/NetworkManager.

@bolle said:

@GameTownProjects said:

No.
    One IPv6 is includet, but not delivered by SLAAC / DHCPv6. If you need more you can order them for a small onetime fee, but it's currently not possible to get full IPv6 networks.

• Do you allow tor exit nodes?

• bollebolle Member

@GameTownProjects said:

@bolle said:

@GameTownProjects said:

No.
    One IPv6 is includet, but not delivered by SLAAC / DHCPv6. If you need more you can order them for a small onetime fee, but it's currently not possible to get full IPv6 networks.

What I mean, how do I get to see that one IPv6?

For example, I see my internal IPv4 is 10.202.2.xx.
    I found in FAQ that external IP is 80.78.132.xxx, and found the SSH port.

How do i find "external" IPv6 for my VM?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2021

@kuroneko23 said: That BudgetVM deadpooled I think, with negative review too.

This post is from 2014. They are definitely not deadpooled, though, I really don't know anything about their quality. But from a short text, they are active on their social (last twitter post is on March 19), they are advertise frequently on HWT (last is at the end of March) and they get generally positive reviews on hostadvice.

@GameTownProjects said: The name was chosen spontaneously and without any ulterior motives. To be honest, I didn't even check whether there was a provider with the same name, but I don't think it would have been worthwhile to look for a name for such a project for a long time.

This is a really lame answer... You bought a domain on .host TLD and you did not check first the .com? You were surely check .com first and you probably saw there is a competitor there.
    You didn't even search the word budgetvm on Google before you named it? Weren't you curious what Google would show on results (first result is budgetvm.com).
    I am sure that you didn't do it for "stealing" clients from them as they are not the most known or reputable provider, but rather from laziness... That does not stop it for been a poor move... Especially because you are an old member of LET with rather good reputation...

Thanked by 1bleidd
  • does it support wireguard?

• @bolle said:
    How do i find "external" IPv6 for my VM?

You can find this in your service dashboard.

@bleidd said:
    does it support wireguard?

Wireguard is configured by you because this service is unmanaged. Depending on your config this might work.

• @webcraft said:

@bolle said:

Wireguard is configured by you because this service is unmanaged. Depending on your config this might work.

Is there a TUN device support?