Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webhosting24 Year of the Ox Special - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webhosting24 Year of the Ox Special

2»

Comments

• Had some issues with re-installing and network at the very beginning. Fired a ticket and all got sorted nicely with Thomas after. Thank you again man :smiley:

Thanked by 1tomazu
  • tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2021

@codydoby said:

@add_iT said:
    I have same result and i notice there is always got busy from clouvider, maybe the routing issue with their upstream or?

I thought it was a problem with the test node :) Not sure what happened

I think that today was either a really busy day for iperf-tests or that maybe Clouvider is performing maintenance on the iperf-nodes as I was unable to test from any of our datacenter locations and not even from external locations, no matter which upstream.

• @tomazu said:
    The new nodes with SSD local storage (not NVMe!) are ready to round off this special week:

GOLDENOX40 (21 EUR/year):
    2 vCores (fair share CPU usage) Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    2GB RAM memory
    40 GB SSD RAID5 Storage
    5 TB monthly BW @ 1Gbit/s
    1 IPv4 address
    1 IPv6 /48 subnet
    21 EURO per year (+VAT if applicable)
    https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=465

GOLDENOX20 (10 EUR/year)
    1 vCore (fair share CPU usage) Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    1GB RAM memory
    20 GB SSD RAID5 Storage
    2TB monthly BW @ 1Gbit/s
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 /48 subnet
    10 EURO per year (+VAT if applicable)
    https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=464

Thx Tomas for the nice vps. In general, I am satisfied with the setup. However, I would like to raise an issue. The peak network speed to the south area of China was about 10MB/s which is perfect, but the connection was not stable and the speed was waving constantly. If this issue could be addressed, the vps will be perfect.

edited February 2021

@fireflyzhu said:
    Thx Tomas for the nice vps. In general, I am satisfied with the setup. However, I would like to raise an issue. The peak network speed to the south area of China was about 10MB/s which is perfect, but the connection was not stable and the speed was waving constantly. If this issue could be addressed, the vps will be perfect.

thank you for the feedback! Could you please provide me with more specific informations or maybe a traceroute (back and forth if possible or complete of source/dest IP - in case please use our LG)?

What I sometimes see is that traffic to the south area of China is routed to China using Telia and back using Cogent and that there is a switch in the course of the day, this seems to happen more often with Unicom. I can try to get this optimized, but this probably needs manual intervention as it does not depend on best hop routing.

@fireflyzhu said:

In the next days more traffic will be handed over directly in Frankfurt to China Unicom in addition to getting more specific routes from Telia for China.

Thanked by 2Ganonk kana
  • @tomazu said:

@fireflyzhu said:

In the next days more traffic will be handed over directly in Frankfurt to China Unicom in addition to getting more specific routes from Telia for China.

Thx, Tomas, after switching the network is more stable now for Unicom.

Thanked by 1tomazu
  • The price is very cheap, I bought GOLDENOX20 for 20G ssd. The vps IO is very good. Customer service responds quickly.

If 10 GB NVMe can become 15 GB NVMe, I would prefer to buy 10x10x10 Special for NVMe.

Thanked by 1tomazu
  • Maybe 12 Euro or 15 Euro, 2G RAM and 20G NVMe will be more powerful.

I would like to thank everybody for providing feedback!

• @tomazu mind if I ask Where the server is located?

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited February 2021

@tenpera said:
    @tomazu mind if I ask Where the server is located?

Server Location: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
    https://lg.muc.webhosting24.com/

Thanked by 1tomazu
  • I know this may sound stupid, but I respect you for actually crediting your thread image.

Thanked by 3brueggus dosai tomazu
  • mirrcemirrce Member
    edited April 2021

Ticket ID: 476971
    Help me

• FritzFritz Veteran

@tomazu , I must say this.

Your Ryzen SG gives top notch performance. Good job.

Thanked by 1tomazu

@mirrce said:
    Help me

I have responded to your ticket specifically, but generally during the order and checkout please deactivate any VPS or proxy and please please please use complete and correct account data, including your name and address. We cannot accept incomplete or incorrect address data, also from a VAT/sales tax liability point of view. If paying from PayPal make sure that the address matches (physical/shipping address and e-mail address!).

I was sure that this is basic and well known, but I am hereby giving guidance as we see a spike of orders with incomplete address data.

Thank you for bringing this up!

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tomazu said: I was sure that this is basic and well known, but I am hereby giving guidance as we see a spike of orders with incomplete address data.

Welcome to LET! :|

Thanked by 2tomazu Falzo
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2021

Ahhh, virtual goods being posted out to customers. >:)
    Will the ship sink during the transportation of shipped goods?
    If address matches the one in PayPal then that should be sufficient and a major consideration in using a 3rd party payment processor (from customer perspective).

P.S. Sweet deals. :)

@brueggus said:

@tomazu said: I was sure that this is basic and well known, but I am hereby giving guidance as we see a spike of orders with incomplete address data.

Welcome to LET! :|

quite happy :-)

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Ahhh, virtual goods being posted out to customers. >:)
    Will the ship sink during the transportation of shipped goods?
    If address matches the one in PayPal then that should be sufficient and a major consideration in using a 3rd party payment processor (from customer perspective).

P.S. Sweet deals. :)

thank you!

Received a lot of feedback and requests, will update our roadmap - thank you LET community!

• @tomazu said:

@mirrce said:
    Help me

I have responded to your ticket specifically, but generally during the order and checkout please deactivate any VPS or proxy and please please please use complete and correct account data, including your name and address. We cannot accept incomplete or incorrect address data, also from a VAT/sales tax liability point of view. If paying from PayPal make sure that the address matches (physical/shipping address and e-mail address!).

I was sure that this is basic and well known, but I am hereby giving guidance as we see a spike of orders with incomplete address data.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Dear, thank you very much for your reply, but for the mainland China network, if you cannot access your website without using a VPN, it is very maddening. Cloudflare is not applicable.

• spilespile Member

Very high cost performance, extremely stable, it is of great help to my business in central Europe, I have been looking for a reliable German VPS, thank you for providing a very good vps

Thanked by 1tomazu
  • Hello, Just like to take the chance to ask, Anyone have a good example to utilize the /48 subnet in Openvpn in this offer? Thanks !

@mirrce said:
    Dear, thank you very much for your reply, but for the mainland China network, if you cannot access your website without using a VPN, it is very maddening. Cloudflare is not applicable.

solved via ticket.

@spile said:
    Very high cost performance, extremely stable, it is of great help to my business in central Europe, I have been looking for a reliable German VPS, thank you for providing a very good vps

thank you for your business and the feedback provided, it is greatly appreciated!

• cheap price, I bought one. the speed is good . I hope I can persist. :D
    Invoice WH24-2021-791

• TK ID:#182623
    My friend is almost crazy at the moment

@mirrce said:
    TK ID:#182623
    My friend is almost crazy at the moment

this has been solved via ticket, thank you!