Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudFlare Blocks?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudFlare Blocks?

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi Everyone,

In our continuing efforts to tweak our security settings I wanted to check in to see who is having CF issues.

If you are having an issue, please either respond to this thread of PM me.

Please include:

1. The ISP you are trying to connect to LET via
  2. What you are doing when you get the block
  3. The type of block (JS challenge, full out block, etc)

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Im guessing the full out blocked people might not be able to respond to this thread lol

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Im guessing the full out blocked people might not be able to respond to this thread lol

Good point, of course, but only a limited number of AS#'s are blocked full out, so the impact in that regard should be limited. A couple of of folks who are on those blocked AS#s are visiting via other proxies, or their regular residential ISP.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2021

If I were blocked by LET because of Cloudflare, I would simply quit visiting LET. It's much simpler than actually fighting with Cloudflare (or LET) for not wanting me.

Using Tor, or VPN, or filling lots of captcha with truck/motorcycle parts, or simply waiting 10 seconds for a thread to load... all this ain't worth my time in my opinion. It's their problem, not mine. I would just quit LET.

• I don't mind yet. Just 5 more secs from my life.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Boogeyman said:
    I don't mind yet. Just 5 more secs from my life.

You can do 2 push-ups in 5 seconds.

You can cancel 1 idling VPS in 15 seconds.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • Possible to look into whitelisting https://monitorss.xyz/ for RSS?
    Maybe they have a user agent that can be allowed.
    Right now Cloudflare is blocking it which you can test here
    (insert https://www.lowendtalk.com/categories/offers/feed.rss to test)

• hzrhzr Member

have gotten some complaints from M247 AS9009 vpn users. maybe make them require CAPTCHA for truck/motorcycle parts instead of a complete block?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2021

@Boogeyman said:

Or you can simply quit because they don't care about your valuable time.

As a side note: if you would die soon, you will wish you had just 5 more precious seconds. Yet you're willing to waste your precious time waiting for a billion dollar corporation to consider you eligible each time when visiting simple website. I can only hope you enjoy this waiting.

Thanked by 1ivysaur
  • @default said: Or you can simply quit because they don't care about your valuable time.

As a side note: if you would die soon, you will wish you had just 5 more precious seconds. Yet you're willing to waste your precious time waiting for a billion dollar corporation to consider you eligible each time when visiting simple website. I can only hope you enjoy this waiting.

What about this robot?

Thanked by 1miu
  • JS block when using VPN IPs from Browsec and Adguard VPN from netherlands, US, UK ips.
    No block on my home IP. but I do get cloudflare-checking-my-browser-page which displays wait for 5 seconds and I get redirect to LET homepage.

• @jbiloh said: only a limited number of AS#'s are blocked full out,

You should block AS36352... A lot of spam originates from there :)

Thanked by 2_MS_ yoursunny
  • 0xbkt0xbkt Member

AS20978, i'm getting issued a js challenge at least a dozen times everyday. it happens when i'm visiting let after a while (maybe an hour or more).

I have made a number of additional tweaks and improvements to the settings for CloudFlare.

Please let me know if anyone who was facing issues sees some improvements.

One of the tweaks was reducing the amount of time required for JS Challenges from 8 hours to every 24 hours.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited April 2021

@Daniel15 said: AS36352

Careful.

"Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting."

• MS said:

@Daniel15 said: AS36352

Careful.

"Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting."

Oops... I fixed it!

• Guess I'm lucky, no issues accessing LET, even when it was under attack.
    No 503's or reCAPTCHA.

• It has definitely improved for me.

@dopogio said:
    It has definitely improved for me.

Perfect glad to hear that!

• If LET is attacked so often, it might be time for BuyVM Slices + Path.net IP
    CloudFlare can drive you crazy with their great regulations and mitigation ...

• miumiu Member
    edited April 2021

Please include:

The ISP you are trying to connect to LET via
    What you are doing when you get the block
    The type of block (JS challenge, full out block, etc)

YES (and i really hate it and i am disappointed quite from it)

1) Practically all public VPN services (what u use often) bcs CF use list of their IPs as "bad reputation IPs"
    2) Sure read a lot less LET bcs i do not have time x time daily disconnect or reconnect and interrupt all ( ongoing ssh connection on workstation etc)
    3) FULL BLOCK - good bye..

After long time thing what significantly frustrate me on LET

• miumiu Member

@default said:
    If I were blocked by LET because of Cloudflare, I would simply quit visiting LET. It's much simpler than actually fighting with Cloudflare (or LET) for not wanting me.

Using Tor, or VPN, or filling lots of captcha with truck/motorcycle parts, or simply waiting 10 seconds for a thread to load... all this ain't worth my time in my opinion. It's their problem, not mine. I would just quit LET.

Very good wrote. The same behavior at me - when i have fight with google recaptcha unreal bordering hell, or CF, then i often leave immediately such pages
    (another example what i stop visit ever is Reliable site - their CF relationship definitely discouraged me view and watch their offers ever)

• rcxbrcxb Member

Gullo hosting IP getting frequent javascript checks: 95.216.20.84

Even for just the RSS feed URL (which RSS readers can't get through). I thought that issue was previously fixed, but it seems not:

$ wget https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussions/feed.rss 
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
    2021-04-11 12:06:36 ERROR 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable.

I switched to another host which isn't hassled nearly so much, no big problem for me.

@miu said:

Please include:

The ISP you are trying to connect to LET via
    What you are doing when you get the block
    The type of block (JS challenge, full out block, etc)

YES (and i really hate it and i am disappointed quite from it)

1) Practically all public VPN services (what u use often) bcs CF use list of their IPs as "bad reputation IPs"
    2) Sure read a lot less LET bcs i do not have time x time daily disconnect or reconnect and interrupt all ( ongoing ssh connection on workstation etc)
    3) FULL BLOCK - good bye..

After long time thing what frustrate me on LET

Only a handful of VPN networks are sent to a Js challenge right now. If you could private messaging me more information on issues you are facing today that would be helpful.

• miumiu Member

@jbiloh said:
    Only a handful of VPN networks are sent to a Js challenge right now. If you could private messaging me more information on issues you are facing today that would be helpful.

UPDATE: now when i tried it, checked VPN servers (often used by me) can load LET pages, so it seems be improved, thanks

@miu said:

@jbiloh said:

UPDATE: now when i tried it, checked VPN servers (often used by me) can load LET pages, so it seems be improved, thanks

Glad we've made some progress and it's working better for you.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @default said:

@Boogeyman said:

Or you can simply quit because they don't care about your valuable time.

Think of all the time you'd save if you just quit LET right now! No captcha's needed.

Who the fuck would wish for just 5 more seconds if they were about to die? While you're a super drama queen, that's a new level of hyperbole for you.

• @TimboJones said:

Who the fuck would wish for just 5 more seconds if they were about to die? While you're a super drama queen, that's a new level of hyperbole for you.

I would, and all the dying people I met. (You don't know me, nor should you.)

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited April 2021

@default said:

@TimboJones said:

What would you do in 5 more seconds? Jesus Christ, how about 5 days, 5 months, or 5 years instead of 5 seconds? So all the dying people you've met, they'd JUST want 5 more seconds? That's ridiculous and/or stupid.

• @TimboJones said:

@default said:

@TimboJones said:

What would you do in 5 more seconds? Jesus Christ, how about 5 days, 5 months, or 5 years instead of 5 seconds? So all the dying people you've met, they'd JUST want 5 more seconds? That's ridiculous and/or stupid.

I shall stop replying to you, you are not worth my 5 seconds to reply to you. Sorry, I shall pretend I'm on PMS, just for you.

• FritzFritz Veteran

No More additional 5 sec check by CF now.

Some VPN is still blocked though.

Good progress. :smile: