Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta and Nominet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta and Nominet?

YKMYKM Member

Anyone using Blesta and Nominet as a registrar? If so does it work for you?

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

I cannot speak for myself but a client which i have seen uses it and seems to have haf no problems so far.

• YKMYKM Member

@armandorg Thanks, Nominet doesn't seem well supported so good to hear.

• @YKM said:
    Anyone using Blesta and Nominet as a registrar? If so does it work for you?

you can use another domain registrar e.g namesilo with blesta you can use.

• @mhosting_in said: you can use another domain registrar e.g namesilo with blesta you can use.

Nominet is a registry, not a registrar. Which, I think, is the reason for the OP's question.

• YKMYKM Member

@dominame Yes that's correct, thanks for clarifying, I should have been clearer

• rcxbrcxb Member
    edited April 2021

Seems a strange question. Who would be using it if it DIDN'T work for them? Masochists?

• YKMYKM Member

@rcxb Good point :) I guess what I was getting at was if its supported by Blesta and works, are there any gotcha's

• @rcxb Comfortably the single most common complaint I hear about Blesta is its lack of a good, generic, domains module. So @YKM if you are or thinking of becoming a Nominet registrar it is not only a good question, but useful for several other members of this forum. Probably for a lot of non-member visitors, too.

• @dominame said:
    @rcxb Comfortably the single most common complaint I hear about Blesta is its lack of a good, generic, domains module. So @YKM if you are or thinking of becoming a Nominet registrar it is not only a good question, but useful for several other members of this forum. Probably for a lot of non-member visitors, too.

Agreed. I was in a voice chat yesterday with Paul from Blesta and he says that the new domains module will be available in the next release. He says the changes are so drastic that it will take a few releases for all of the planned features to be rolled out, but I'm excited to see what it looks like!

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • CiprianoOscarCiprianoOscar Member, Host Rep

in my opinion is better hostbill it is similar to whmcs and has all modules. Of course it costs a little but it is very qualitative