Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquidweb 24 month VPS offer - too good to be true?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Liquidweb 24 month VPS offer - too good to be true?

jhjh Member
edited April 2021 in General

Has anyone seen the Liquidweb 24 month VPS offer?
https://www.liquidweb.com/products/vps/

$360 for a managed 2GB RAM SSD VPS with cPanel or Plesk for 2 years.

I used them a few years ago and the service was really exceptional.

Obviously since it's going to renew at $1440, I wouldn't intend to keep it for more than 2 years, but 2 years is a long time and it seems too good to be true.

Comments

• Are you kidding me?rick.I think it's still expensive.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited April 2021

@jh said:
    Has anyone seen the Liquidweb 24 month VPS offer?
    https://www.liquidweb.com/products/vps/

$360 for a managed 2GB RAM SSD VPS with cPanel or Plesk for 2 years.

I used them a few years ago and the service was really exceptional.

Obviously since it's going to renew at $1440, I wouldn't intend to keep it for more than 2 years, but 2 years is a long time and it seems too good to be true.

they are very costly.
    buy any unmanaged dedicated server hire server management company.

not too good it is a bad idea to buy this expensive server.

• @mhosting_in said: buy any unmanaged dedicated server hire server management company.

(Disclaimer - Dont know anything about liquidweb) The cheapest I know of is @MikePT at 25 EUR a month (there may exist cheaper ones too).
    And that makes it 600 EUR just for the management alone. ...

But hes getting a managed 2 GB ram VPS + a panel inclusive of DDOS protection for 15USD. (Forget what comes after 2 years as the intention of @jh is not to go beyond the initial 2)

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited April 2021

I too used liquidweb VPS for one of my clients 3 years ago. Then they had storm-servers and did exceptionally well. But it comes for a price. The support was also very attentive and quick in fixing anything and helping even on site's scripts! But again that costs a fortune for a VPS. But the renewal price OP has mentioned can only fit big-pocket users!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2021

Knownhost managed starts at $40/month (2c, 4GB RAM, 75GB disk, 2TB bandwidth, 2 IP, incl. DA)...not as cheap as this intro offer but cheaper at regular rates.

I wonder how support compares between the two.

(I'm pretty sure @jonathanspw 's answer would be biased ;-)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

2GB with a full cPanel/Plesk stack, that’ll OOM idle.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • LeviLevi Member

Liquid is no bullshit premium provider. If you think folks like nexusbytes is premium - try liquidweb ;) it's entirely different dimension.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @raindog308 said:
    Knownhost managed starts at $40/month (2c, 4GB RAM, 75GB disk, 2TB bandwidth, 2 IP, incl. DA)...not as cheap as this intro offer but cheaper at regular rates.

I wonder how support compares between the two.

(I'm pretty sure @jonathanspw 's answer would be biased ;-)

knownhost is pretty good but not on par with liquidweb