Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubersmith alternatives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubersmith alternatives

mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

Hi

We've been using Ubersmith for a while now and are in transition to move our billing portal to WHMCS. I've just learnt that there is an increase in pricing as of 1st July, and wondered if there are other powerful platforms similar to WHMCS at a cheaper cost than this:

https://assets.whmcs.com/customer-licensing-guide-2021.pdf

Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• Blesta and HostBill are the most popular alternatives.

Thanked by 2mxnhost webcraft
  • Check Blesta

Thanked by 1mxnhost
  • mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

@jamespeach said:
    Blesta and HostBill are the most popular alternatives.

I miss the days of when HostBill used to be a monthly subscription!

• visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

Blesta is now more demanding and best alternative reasonable price..

• @aonaphost said:
    Hi

We've been using Ubersmith for a while now and are in transition to move our billing portal to WHMCS. I've just learnt that there is an increase in pricing as of 1st July, and wondered if there are other powerful platforms similar to WHMCS at a cheaper cost than this:

Out of curiosity, why the move away from Ubersmith? I've always heard great things about it.

• LeviLevi Member

@SWN_Michael said:

@aonaphost said:
    Hi

Out of curiosity, why the move away from Ubersmith? I've always heard great things about it.

Uber is premium. They take 10% of cut from your income. To be with them you must have pretty decent margins.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Is it really 10% now?? I thought it was 1% of your gross revenue.

Francisco

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Is it really 10% now?? I thought it was 1% of your gross revenue.

Francisco

yes, are you sure @LTniger, it's been 1% for years. I really doubt they'd 10x the price overnight?

• LeviLevi Member

Need to verify this. We talking about Enterprise, not SMB solution.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@LTniger said:
    Need to verify this. We talking about Enterprise, not SMB solution.

I just don't think anyone would take a 10% haircut for their billing software.

Francisco

Thanked by 1mxnhost
  • TejyTejy Member

WiseCP?

• I've also heard good things about ubersmith. I don't think blesta or whmcs would offer such a good experience if you're used to ubersmith. Maybe hostbill would suit you better.

Some people like to use LyftSmith /jk

Thanked by 1mxnhost
  • mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

@SWN_Michael said:

@aonaphost said:
    Hi

Don't get me wrong it is a very powerful platform (with CRM included). The issue I've got is the integration with apps - their ready made integrations are very limited.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said: Uber is premium. They take 10% of cut from your income. To be with them you must have pretty decent margins.

They cost less as you grow. You can see how we grew our business with

https://ubersmith.com/1gservers-leverages-ubersmith-software-for-efficient-operations-high-customer-satisfaction/

Having said that, Ubersmith isn't for everyone and every use case.

@ditlev said: Is it really 10% now?? I thought it was 1% of your gross revenue.

This is false. Ubersmith costs us significantly less than 1% of revenue. Having said that, there was a time it was more than 1%.

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I read on WHT that they recently increased pricing. Perhaps they've grandfathered you.
    I remember at UK2Group I had +1M accounts but only paid 5k/mo to Ubersmith. Which was also less than 0.01% of our revenue.

@ditlev said:
    I read on WHT that they recently increased pricing. Perhaps they've grandfathered you.
    I remember at UK2Group I had +1M accounts but only paid 5k/mo to Ubersmith. Which was also less than 0.01% of our revenue.

It's possible they try to target 1% of revenue, and possibly more for newcomers. At the end of the day, it's a negotiation like anything else. They definitely add value to our operations, but there is a point where if they want too much, we will simply develop our own replacement solution in house.