Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Easter Egg Hunt - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Easter Egg Hunt

Comments

• I ordered an XXL last night (~ 10hrs ago), but haven't got any kind of confirmation email or anything. Is this normal?

• @sanvit said:
    I ordered an XXL last night (~ 10hrs ago), but haven't got any kind of confirmation email or anything. Is this normal?

Yes, no one is working atm.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • wuckwuck Member
    edited April 2021

@sanvit said:
    I ordered an XXL last night (~ 10hrs ago), but haven't got any kind of confirmation email or anything. Is this normal?

They call u by phone when ur order is being processed to confirm identity if first time

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @fendix said:

@sanvit said:

Yes, no one is working atm.

@wuck said:

@sanvit said:

They call u by phone when ur order is being processed to confirm identity if first time

Ah, thank you for the information! I thought there would be some kind of automated process to notify :)

BTW, do they call you even if you're an international customer? I don't speak German :(

• wuckwuck Member
    edited April 2021

They speak english by default when u answer them no worries
    And it's pretty straight foward just asking u to confirm email and street then thats it your account will be send by mail

Thanked by 2sanvit webcraft
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2021

All current and some past easter eggs are listed on this page: https://www.camelus.eu/netcup/

New ones are added as they appear. F5ing it at the right time is faster than browsing netcup's site (but less fun!).

There has been no smallish VPS for a while, I hope they'll add some soon :p

• Are the domain coupons recurring, or is it only for the initial purchase period?

• pbxpbx Member

@jmgcaguicla said: Are the domain coupons recurring, or is it only for the initial purchase period?

recurring. Same for VPS/shared...

Thanked by 1jmgcaguicla
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@pbx said:

@jmgcaguicla said: Are the domain coupons recurring, or is it only for the initial purchase period?

recurring. Same for VPS/shared...

Yes, recurring.

Note that a .de domain has a one-time setup fee of 2€, but otherwise the promotional monthly pricing is recurring.

Thanked by 1jmgcaguicla
  • pbxpbx Member

They added a bunch of VPS again!

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2021

As far as I know, the vmx/svm flag was never enabled by default on Root-Servers, but if you paid an extra fee, they would enable it.

It's a bit unclear from that post whether they won't enable the svm flag even for a fee.

(I've never asked for the vmx/svm flag, so my information is based on what I've heard/read.)

• wuckwuck Member

@pbx said:
    All current and some past easter eggs are listed on this page: https://www.camelus.eu/netcup/

New ones are added as they appear. F5ing it at the right time is faster than browsing netcup's site (but less fun!).

There has been no smallish VPS for a while, I hope they'll add some soon :p

Thanks just got myself a RS Ostern M!

• if I order one service from netcup, is it possible to cancel it? or am I stuck? do the 30 days "test" also work on these?

• @elpetro said:
    if I order one service from netcup, is it possible to cancel it? or am I stuck? do the 30 days "test" also work on these?

Iirc the cancellation policy on the checkbox stated 14 days.

• @sanvit said:

@elpetro said:
    if I order one service from netcup, is it possible to cancel it? or am I stuck? do the 30 days "test" also work on these?

Okey, so no problem to cancel any of the "root" plans within 14 days.. I don't want to get "stuck" with Fast Rabbit if I can get RS Ostern L.

I also saw this in the FAQ

Does the satisfaction guarantee apply to the Easter promotions?
    Yes, the satisfaction guarantee applies to promotions on web hosting and root server products

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2021

Does netcup's phone support speak English?

Edit: Well, it's either I don't understand German, or they aren't answering the call :(

Edit2 : Well, it seems like the first order never went through, as when I ordered a second server, I got a notification email right away

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @sanvit said: or they aren't answering the call

Today is holiday in Germany. No provider is working rn.

Thanked by 2sanvit webcraft
  • @fendix said:

@sanvit said: or they aren't answering the call

Today is holiday in Germany. No provider is working rn.

I got replies to a ticket at netcup today.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @elpetro said:

@sanvit said:

@elpetro said:

Okey, so no problem to cancel any of the "root" plans within 14 days.. I don't want to get "stuck" with Fast Rabbit if I can get RS Ostern L.

I also saw this in the FAQ

Does the satisfaction guarantee apply to the Easter promotions?
    Yes, the satisfaction guarantee applies to promotions on web hosting and root server products

I ordered one RS Ostern L , but I ended up getting two confirmation emails for the order and shows both the servers in my account.

I will cancel one of the servers.

Thanks for sharing the 14 day cancellation policy.

• pbxpbx Member

@dev_vps said: Thanks for sharing the 14 day cancellation policy.

Yeah it works well in the past I ordered two special VPS by mistake, been able to cancel pressing a button, and I didn't pay anything. Transferring to another user is very easy as well.

• I'm so glad I got the 1.84 EUR deal. I know it's not a dedicated core but it works so good as my new Plex media server, no buffers even with transcodes. Very good!

Thanked by 2angstrom pbx
  • @edoarudo5 said:
    I'm so glad I got the 1.84 EUR deal. I know it's not a dedicated core but it works so good as my new Plex media server, no buffers even with transcodes. Very good!

What's the specs for it?

• @sanvit said:

@edoarudo5 said:
    I'm so glad I got the 1.84 EUR deal. I know it's not a dedicated core but it works so good as my new Plex media server, no buffers even with transcodes. Very good!

What's the specs for it?

I think it's 1 shared core, 2GB ram, 20GB disk, 40TB traffic, 12 month contract and billing term

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @benj0x said: 1 shared core

@edoarudo5 said: no buffers even with transcodes

Is this even possible?

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited April 2021

@sanvit said:

@edoarudo5 said:

What's the specs for it?

Bandwidth: 40 TB / month
    Storage: 20 GB SSD (RAID10)
    RAM: 2 GB
    Processor: 1 vCore (shared, don't know what the actual processor is, says QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+ 2.10 GHz)

I'm actually surprised considering I use Windows Server 2019 with GUI and StableBit CloudDrive for my Plex server storage.

• @sanvit said:

@benj0x said: 1 shared core

@edoarudo5 said: no buffers even with transcodes

Is this even possible?

Definitely is, I don't do any 4k transcodes tough, only 1080p and below. And I'm the only one using the server as of the moment.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2021

@edoarudo5 said: I'm so glad I got the 1.84 EUR deal.

What CPU is used?

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited April 2021

@pbx said:

@edoarudo5 said: I'm so glad I got the 1.84 EUR deal.

What CPU is used?

@edoarudo5 said:
    Processor: 1 vCore (shared, don't know what the actual processor is, says QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+ 2.10 GHz)

Thanked by 2webcraft pbx