Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solus IO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solus IO

mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

Has anyone on this forum used Solus IO by Plesk? solus.io
If so what is the control panel like...

Comments

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

We are going to install it in a few days and start working with it.

• mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

@NetDynamics24 said:
    We are going to install it in a few days and start working with it.

Please let me know how it goes! I'm intrigued.

Is it my understanding that their pricing is based on the number of cores on the server?

Yes they charge per cores. I will post here my impressions.

Thanked by 1mxnhost
  • LeeLee Veteran

Is there any provider that is actually using it and serving clients from it?

All I ever see is threads like this where people 'are going to install and start using it' yet to see anyone actually do it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2021

I can’t recall the line items under it, but when I tried not too long ago it was still incomplete.

Thanked by 1mxnhost
  • mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    I can’t recall the line items under it, but when I tried not too long ago it was still incomplete.

I gather it is still in beta mode, as there hasn't been much publicity from Plesk yet.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Lee said:

Hosterlabs invited me to beta-test SolusIO in 2021-January.
    My verdict at the time was "not ready for commercial use".
    While it supports hourly instances that I like, it's missing many features and has many bugs: no ISO install or VNC, funky statistics, inaccurate billing, …

I hear Hosterlabs has commercial SolusIO installation now, but only for monthly and longer instances.

Thanked by 2mxnhost Lee
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@aonaphost said:
    Has anyone on this forum used Solus IO by Plesk? solus.io
    If so what is the control panel like...

@oplink using them.
    But personally I believe it's still unfinished

Thanked by 1oplink

@Lee said:

All I ever see is threads like this where people 'are going to install and start using it' yet to see anyone actually do it.

In 1-2 weeks, we will use it in production. You will see ;)

• LeeLee Veteran

@NetDynamics24 said: In 1-2 weeks, we will use it in production. You will see

From not having installed it yet to production in 1-2 weeks, yeah, whatever.

Thanked by 1Wolveix

@Lee said:

@NetDynamics24 said: In 1-2 weeks, we will use it in production. You will see

From not having installed it yet to production in 1-2 weeks, yeah, whatever.

We are testing it already. We will launch our vps in 1-2 weeks.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

Tried them about 1 year ago, pretty nicely designed product. But due pricing dropped production usage.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@oplink uses it as far as I know.

• From when I tested it out last year it was good but lacked some features that were required - Most of these have been put in now and they've also dropped the price by 50% since then. I wouldn't be confident in using it though with it being part of Plesk/Oakley etc, likeliness is prices will increase by at least 100%+ again in the future if cPanel, WHMCS are anything to go by.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

@Lee said:

We have been running it since Oct2020. We have been growing with them. I think the biggest thing its missing is ISO installing. So far we are very happy with the easy of setup and stability of the system.

I really like the template system much better than solusVM, cloud-Init is great.

I have a couple of coupons going if you want to check it out
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170490/oplink-net-amd-vps-plans-6-95-mo

Thanked by 1Lee
  • NickANickA Member

Who in their right mind would choose this as a new solution knowing it's owned by Webpros, so in time your costs will increase exponentially?

Thanked by 1lentro