Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS increasing prices again, alternatives?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS increasing prices again, alternatives?

edited April 2021 in General

Got an email today saying my WHMCS license price is going up. What does everyone think about this?

My only complaint with WHMCS from a technical standpoint is they keep making large changes to the templates which makes updating all my customizations quite the hassle each time I upgrade the version.

None of the new features they are adding really do anything for us so I don't benefit from any of that. They are flogging a lot of 3rd party paid apps more and more. That seems to be what most of the template changes are about which makes it that much more annoying.

Comments

• ploxhostploxhost Member, Patron Provider

WHMCS has became so greedy. They know people won’t switch from them. Here’s the pricing changes: https://assets.whmcs.com/customer-licensing-guide-2021.pdf

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Tr33nTr33n Member

Good for Blesta. WHMCS will now slowly die.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2021

Fuck their parent company and the horse they rode in on.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

We don't use WHMCS on Zare but we do on nitrous networks. Pricing is going from $39.95/mo to $174.95/mo. Bit ridiculous..

• Well... It is a very important part of a hosting business, so it should be alright I suppose.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

ClientExec was our choice and we do not regret it.

• edited April 2021

I am tempted to just code my own billing from scratch on Laravel. Using Laravel Cashier you are already half way there.

https://laravel.com/docs/8.x/billing

Or use Laravel Spark where the billing is already integrated. Just need to add the server hosting hooks.

https://spark.laravel.com/

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Nice glad my owned license is officially worthless.
    Back in the day, the reason for buying an owned license was over the course of 4 years it would pay itself off. Glad now that it's been the point for us, it's officially dead.

I would really love to explore other options for LOS to leave WHMCS billing panel-wise, it's unfortunate WHMCS is still the best.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited April 2021

Competitors will increase their prices as well. Start coding your own solution if your business plan is long term.

Alternatives (5+ years in industry, proven track, adopted by market, used by customers):

Insanely shady || low grade products:

Ultra high end solutions a.k.a "you can dream for it":

Thanked by 2coreflux DreamCaster
  • Absolutely crazy pricing for any large companies that use WHMCS, if you're below 1k active clients the pricing change is not incredibly significant at all, but if you have over 100k active clients you'll go from paying $40 a month now to $1.3k a month from July...

Bonkers!

Thanked by 1eva2000
    edited April 2021

$299/m is a nice budget to have to find a replacement, and that's the budget they've forced me to assign up to. Probably Blesta, but there's some time to make sure the right choice is made.

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • jhjh Member

Why do you say insanely shady? I looked at it a while back and it looks ok.

@qps said: They are killing off owned licenses as well.

Email today: "You will not be able to purchase or renew support for your owned WHMCS license effective immediately".

@LosPollosHermanos said: I am tempted to just code my own billing from scratch on Laravel. Using Laravel Cashier you are already half way there.

https://laravel.com/docs/8.x/billing

Or use Laravel Spark where the billing is already integrated. Just need to add the server hosting hooks.

https://spark.laravel.com/

This looks good!

• Tr33nTr33n Member

@jh said: Why do you say insanely shady?

He probably says that because WiseCP made a fool of themselves on LET.

Thanked by 2webcraft Ticaga
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@LTniger said: https://fleio.com/ -- this is new one, 0 reputation

I would not say zero reputation as it is from the IntoVPS/Hosterion group. It should be a decent product and relatively safe from abusive stakeholders. RamNode uses it.

• i have an owned license, is possible to sell it? i am not using it.

• LeeLee Veteran

After everything with cPanel this is more a case of you're kidding right? If you did not see this coming.

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

They have ended support addon for owned

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

Oakley Capital strikes again!

@Lee said:
    After everything with cPanel this is more a case of you're kidding right? If you did not see this coming.

The only thing I didn’t see coming was the amount of notice given. They’re giving very adequate time to move considering this is a much smaller data set than any provider would have stored under cPanel.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Indirect notices were given. I mean the writing had been on the wall.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Billmanager unfortunately going same way - price was increased for lot just fe3w weeks ago...

Thanked by 1Levi
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I have a Blesta License ready, but they haven't fixed the Gocardless module to take varied payments each month like a normal direct debit.

I have been waiting around 1 year for this.

I also want xero integration, but am happy to pay.

• Where is the "Blesta Feedback Thread!"? B)

Thanked by 1Pixels
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@dedicados said:
    i have an owned license, is possible to sell it? i am not using it.

I'll offer 7 push-ups for your WHMCS owned license.
    Without support, this is as much as it's worth.
    For reference, 7 push-ups roughly equal half a backpack or an expiring .top domain name.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • I think it is safe to say a price increase was expected, but completely killing owned is a shocker.

@NetDynamics24 said: ClientExec was our choice and we do not regret it.

Thank you! We appreciate you!

@LTniger said: Competitors will increase their prices as well.

We have no plans to increase our pricing, just saying :)

• LeviLevi Member

@rustelekom said:
    Billmanager unfortunately going same way - price was increased for lot just fe3w weeks ago...

Than fuck them... Options are running low.

We need a hero, alternative, cheap (9.99€/month), with massive support of modules, open source, humongous API and hardcore security audit.

Any candidates?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited April 2021

@Alex_Clientexec said:

We have no plans to increase our pricing, just saying :)

This is your oportunity to shine. Release new features, hire more team members, invest. And you will ride a wild money horse as DirectAdmin doing it now.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:

@rustelekom said:

We need a hero, alternative, cheap (9.99€/month), with massive support of modules, open source, humongous API and hardcore security audit.

Any candidates?

Excuse me for my English i hope that this was "sarcasm" :)? Developers also want to eat...

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • LeviLevi Member

@rustelekom said:

@LTniger said:

@rustelekom said:

Any candidates?

Excuse me for my English i hope that this was "sarcasm" :)? Developers also want to eat...

Nope. With all todays technology (frameworks, APIs, automated testing) development process is way faster than back in 2000. Blesta is close to this, but still lacking few key features. Hope Blesta will not be sold to competitors...