Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incomming wan ports VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incomming wan ports VPN

djndjn Member

I need to run a webserver on a raspberry pi behind a CGnat moble hotspot for some mobile disco project and have a few idle vps.
Is there any vpn server software that can port forward incomming ports on the vps ip4 to the webserver on the pi via vpn?

Comments

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited April 2021
    • frp
    • netcat
    • ssh remote forwarding
    • vpn/overlay/vxlan + nat
  • HakimHakim Member

You can try tailscale. Connect VPS & pi in the same tailscale network. They both will get a static private IPv4 which they can use to communicate with each other even if they are behind NAT.

• ZeroTier should do the job. Install ZT on both side, and reverse proxy using NGINX

• Wireguard does this in just a few commands. I might be able to help you if you pm me

• djndjn Member

Thanks @Hakim that worked

• @Hakim said:
    You can try tailscale. Connect VPS & pi in the same tailscale network. They both will get a static private IPv4 which they can use to communicate with each other even if they are behind NAT.

For future reference, Tailscale is just wireguard with some fancy stuff added to make it easier to manage. Just use normal WireGuard for this purpose.

• HakimHakim Member

@ehhthing said: For future reference, Tailscale is just wireguard

Yeah, I know that very well.

@ehhthing said: with some fancy stuff added to make it easier to manage.

That's why I use it.

• SSH remote portforwarding or you can use OpenVPN