Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM is looking to hire another support tech!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM is looking to hire another support tech!

FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
edited April 2021 in Offers

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to hire another support rep to pickup higher skill tickets (network, routing, linux trouble shooting, etc). I'm looking for someone to fill a 10AM-6PM GMT -7 M-F position. You'd be working with our head of support, Anthony.

The perfect candidate would have:

• Experience with cPanel and Directadmin. While we're not offering Buyshared plans anymore, Directadmin is a big part of our offerings.
  • A good handling on trouble shooting and debugging. I need someone that can work at a problem, even if it means looking for ideas on stackoverflow.
  • A good grasp of the english language. Other languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, & Chinese, would be a huge positive.
  • Strong experience with Linux is a must. Windows is a nice plus as well.
  • A good understanding of networking & routing. You can read an MTR, you've setup tunnels (GRE, WG, OVPN, things like that. If you've setup your own BGP routing, OSPF, static routing, that'd be a huge win.

Please PM me here with your resumes or just to talk things over.

Wage & perks to be negotiated in private. Please, no outsourcing teams. You must work exclusively for us.

Francisco

Comments

• cazrzcazrz Member

Please attend to my ticket #479404 before I get pissed off on the tech handling it.

• filefile Member

Uncle Fran wants YOU to join the BuyVM Support Task Force!

• FoulFoul Member

You can't go wrong working for the stallion man.

They'd most def take care of you over there.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Repeat after me.

Frantech empire is evil, and Francisco is the reincarnation of the baby Jesus.

• Frantech empire is evil, and Francisco is the reincarnation of the baby Jesus.

• LeeLee Veteran

@cazrz said: Please attend to my ticket #479404 before I get pissed off on the tech handling it.

Sounds like it is assigned to Fran :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Lee said: Sounds like it is assigned to Fran

Already handled it :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Lee
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco oh boy. If you ever consider my shared plans please let me know. I provide support in EN and PT/BR.

Thanked by 2Ympker quickuse
  • @Francisco said: even if it means looking for ideas on stackoverflow.

This gave me huge hope.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2021

@Boogeyman said:

@Francisco said: even if it means looking for ideas on stackoverflow.

This gave me huge hope.

Ideas != fixes :)

Some obscure error that someone ran into and asked, and some replies gave hints into where to look? No problem. Obviously if someones just copy/pasting random stuff then they'll get yeeted quick.

At the end of the day I just don't want 'i dunno what to do' and my queue gets no lighter. This just ends up with people upset with the delays due to ticket hockey.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Boogeyman said:

@Francisco said: even if it means looking for ideas on stackoverflow.

This gave me huge hope.

Ideas != fixes :)

Some obscure error that someone ran into and asked, and some replies gave hints into where to look? No problem. Obviously if someones just copy/pasting random stuff then they'll get yeeted quick.

At the end of the day I just don't want 'i dunno what to do' and my queue gets no lighter. This just ends up with people upset with the delays due to ticket hockey.

Francisco

I agree. But the people on StackOverflow always impressed me with their knowledge. And it's upto OP/whoever looking for a fix on their issue to find and fix the issue. And StackOverflow doesn't welcome any question that is not properly asked.