Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is spectraip legit ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is spectraip legit ?

Hi ,
I have ordered 2 dedicated servers from spectraip 5 days ago , and they still didn't deliver them ,
i have also opened a ticket 3 days ago asking about the delivery and until now no replies yet , so i'm begining to worry.

I've also tried calling them over the phone no one picks up.
Anyone here have experience with those guys :
are they legit ?
How long does it takes to deliver a server ?
Why the support doesn't exist ?

Thanks !

Comments

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2021

Yes they legit.

• @HostSlick said:
    Don't worry about deliver time

meaning ?

• AndruAndru Member
    edited January 2021
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

They are legit, I have been a customer. Their support is absolute garbage though as I have had the exact same experience as you. That in addition to having no control panel of any kind made me look elsewhere.

Thanked by 1donko
  • QuartermasterQuartermaster Member
    edited January 2021

Their support is indeed terrible. I pre-paid for a year, wrote it off as a loss, and went elsewhere.

• @CConner said:
    They are legit, I have been a customer. Their support is absolute garbage though as I have had the exact same experience as you. That in addition to having no control panel of any kind made me look elsewhere.

What about uptime was it good ?

• @Quartermaster said:
    Their support is indeed terrible. I pre-paid for a year, wrote it off as a loss, and went elsewhere.

what about the uptime ?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

As legit as a company hosted at Ecatel can be.

Thanked by 2DennisdeWit lentro
  • spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

@momkin said:
    Hi ,
    I have ordered 2 dedicated servers from spectraip 5 days ago , and they still didn't deliver them ,
    i have also opened a ticket 3 days ago asking about the delivery and until now no replies yet , so i'm begining to worry.

I've also tried calling them over the phone no one picks up.
    Anyone here have experience with those guys :
    are they legit ?
    How long does it takes to deliver a server ?
    Why the support doesn't exist ?

Thanks !

Hi,

Thank you for your message and order with us.

Currently we are very busy with orders, so we ran out of stock. We will get new stock very soon and then we will deliver your servers immediately.

We have been in touch via the support tickets about this.

If you have any other questions you can always send a comment on the ticket.

• Customer since ~1y. Legit, affordable, reliable and provide what is expected. Also ToS are quite fair.

• Everyone is “legit” while they are still around

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Seems to match @spectraip quite well.

@spectraip said:
    Currently we are very busy with orders, so we ran out of stock. We will get new stock very soon and then we will deliver your servers immediately.

Selling products one doesn't have and can't deliver and without informing customers is not legit.

@jsg said:

Selling products one doesn't have and can't deliver and without informing customers is not legit.

We notify our customers via email if a server is not in stock.
    We also added a note to our order page that Ryzen servers are not in stock at the moment:

Thanked by 1jsg
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@spectraip said:

... after purchase. Sorry, not acceptable, that's selling stuff one doesn't have.

We also added a note to our order page that Ryzen servers are not in stock at the moment:

That's a positive step. Kudos.

Being at it: Why is your support so famously sh_tty? Do you have credible, tangible plans to enhance your support? And is it true that your DC is Ecatel?

@jsg said:

@spectraip said:

... after purchase. Sorry, not acceptable, that's selling stuff one doesn't have.

Sometimes this happens. We have lots of these servers, we are not selling stuff we don't have and don't offer. We sell servers and offering servers you have in stock is not a "must" in this world. We are not scammers if we rent out a server to a customer, order the hardware and deliver the server as soon as we received the hardware.

We provide our services "upon request".

That's a positive step. Kudos.

Thanks!

Being at it: Why is your support so famously sh_tty? Do you have credible, tangible plans to enhance your support? And is it true that your DC is Ecatel?

If a customer has a complaint about our support, I would like to hear it because in my eyes we provide decent support. Of course, the servers are unmanaged so we do not provide software-based support.

Our average response time:

Exactly 66.6% of all the tickets we receive are replied within 4 hours...

Furthermore, we have a control panel for VPS (Virtualizor) and dedicated servers, so customers can manage their own server and don't need our support for reinstalls, reboots etc.

We do not host in the Ecatel datacenter. SpectraIP is not related to this company.
    We host our servers in several datacenters in the Amsterdam area, in the Netherlands.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2021

@spectraip said: We do not host in the Ecatel datacenter. SpectraIP is not related to this company.
    We host our servers in several datacenters in the Amsterdam area, in the Netherlands.

Do not try to hide the truth.

Your get connectivity from REBA Communications BV and FiberXpress BV both of which are well known Ecatel shell organizations.

And I am pretty sure that you also have servers located in the DataOne datacenter in Wormer, which is the Ecatel datacenter. I guess that's what you call "Amsterdam area".

@Nyr we have indeed IP transit from FiberXpress in Science Park Amsterdam, and for a part servers hosted in Wormer.

• @spectraip has a complete corridor in datacenter Wormer. See this dutch news article https://www.computable.nl/artikel/techwire/datacenters/6284305/2499347/spectraip-breidt-uit-naar-private-corridor.html. And the company address is the same as the datacenter.

The former Ecatel owners are the same guys behind Novogara, DataOne, Reba Communications, IP Volume, Quasi Networks. They own the datacenter!

Also @skbenterprise uses the SpectraIP network.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Twisted.

• Here is a complete list of hosting companies:

Alsycon BV,
    B&R Holding BV,
    B&R Properties BV,
    DataOne BV,
    Datazone,
    Design 4 All,
    Developing 4 All
    Ecatel Ltd,
    FiberXpress BV,
    Haydar Linux,
    Haydar Net,
    Hosting 4 All,
    Incrediserve Ltd,
    IP Volume Inc,
    Novogara Ltd,
    Quasi Networks,
    REBA Communications BV,
    SpectraIP BV.

Source:

• Check also the IPv4 prefixes, it's growing with fuzzy companies

https://bgp.he.net/AS62068#_prefixes

• aiden1aiden1 Member
    edited April 2021

I'm actually curious why spectraip is trying to deflect so much. If they just outright c ame out and said "yeah we colo there because it's cheap and don't really care about seedboxes, just as a customer, not related to ecatel" Id believe that instantly.

But instead

website says 'amsterdam area' and 'runs through the zaanstreek'

.. which runs through wormerland?

We do not host in the Ecatel datacenter

Your top two peers are REBA and FiberXpress, your LIR address is the Ecatel Wormer location, your business registered office is the Ecatel Wormer location, you have previously said that is where your servers are: https://lowendbox.com/blog/spectraip-ryzen-powered-kvm-nvme-1gb-kvm-vps-nl-starting-at-e2-50-month/

ecatel isn't really well known for just chilling on LET/LEB and it would be entirely reasonable that you're just an unrelated downstream customer and not a fully owned subsidiary, but i don't understand this level of crazy deflection

Thanked by 2kazawiki bulbasaur
  • @spectraip said:
    @Nyr we have indeed IP transit from FiberXpress in Science Park Amsterdam, and for a part servers hosted in Wormer.

More the other way around. You have a private corridor in the DataOne DC (Ecatel). Most customers end up in that DC, unless the customer exclusively states he wants to be in a different DC. Then they are hosted at Equinix.

I am a graduated research journalist. I know some stuff. So better be honest. ;)

Thank you @aiden1 and @DennisdeWit for your messages.

We do not try to deflect anything. We have indeed rackspace in the Dataone datacenter in Wormer, but next to this location we have rackspace at the Science Park of Amsterdam (most for network hardware) and Iron Mountain in Haarlem (dedicated servers, VPS). Both datacenters for dedicated servers and VPS are connected to our redundant network at the Science Park of Amsterdam.

• @spectraip said:
    Thank you @aiden1 and @DennisdeWit for your messages.

We do not try to deflect anything. We have indeed rackspace in the Dataone datacenter in Wormer, but next to this location we have rackspace at the Science Park of Amsterdam (most for network hardware) and Iron Mountain in Haarlem (dedicated servers, VPS). Both datacenters for dedicated servers and VPS are connected to our redundant network at the Science Park of Amsterdam.

Ok. So to get this clear. Let’s say I am a customer who knows nothing. I order a dedicated server or VPS. Where is this server located by default, then?

Maybe it’s just me, but this whole Bruynvisweg thing to me sounds like bad marketing. You see already people are associating your business with DataOne. Many people are reluctant to Ecatel and anything affiliated. I know everything is cheap at DataOne, but if it is the best place for business? I doubt it.

@DennisdeWit said:

Ok. So to get this clear. Let’s say I am a customer who knows nothing. I order a dedicated server or VPS. Where is this server located by default, then?

Wormer or Haarlem, this depends on the stock.

Maybe it’s just me, but this whole Bruynvisweg thing to me sounds like bad marketing. You see already people are associating your business with DataOne. Many people are reluctant to Ecatel and anything affiliated. I know everything is cheap at DataOne, but if it is the best place for business? I doubt it.

Pricing for both locations (Haarlem and Wormer) is approximately the same. We are happy located in both locations, our office is in our biggest datacenter location in Wormer. We host in Dataone for more than 5 years now, without any problems.

• Is ecatel really that bad to be hated from everyone here ? :neutral:

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@momkin said:
    Is ecatel really that bad to be hated from everyone here ? :neutral:

They host the worst of the internet, so super terrible

• One simple thing I always do while ordering shared/vps/dedi or anything from any provider is to email them and ask if the stock is available and shall I order it right now. This avoids lots of confusion among buyer/seller plus brand reputation is not tarnished publicly!