Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Easter Egg Hunt
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Easter Egg Hunt

like every year Netcup just announced their Egg Hunt: https://www.netcup-news.de/2021/03/30/ostern-2021-steht-vor-der-tuer/

starting from Sunday 04/04 - most likely the eggs will be visible on certain spots on their page and the products within will change positions every 15-30 minutes.

let's try and collect the interesting ones here, as usual the products can't be orderes when just the links are shared...

Comments

• Interesting, looking for a good deal there myself. Already run a few servers there, but looking for a deal on a RS with more cpu power at a decent price

• Hottttt

• @duckeeyuck said:
    Hottttt

Not as hot as the SBG OVH servers though.

• @kalimov622 said:

@duckeeyuck said:
    Hottttt

That is not even a funny joke.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited March 2021

@Kaffekopp said:

@kalimov622 said:

@duckeeyuck said:
    Hottttt

That is not even a funny joke.

You must have no sense of humor at all then. Maybe this suits you better instead.

• FalzoFalzo Member

bringing this back up, because only a few hours left ;-)

I'll try to list the interesting eggs and the pages they might appear on.

while waiting, I just looked at my collection of old order links from the past and found this...
    https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1542 (ref) - true lowend I'd say, but no way of ordering anymore anyway :#

let's see what they come up with this time then.

• Thanks Falzo :smiley:

• Thanked by 2Falzo angstrom
  • Really hoping for something with more cpu, and less ram and disk space. I dont want to rent dedis to encode just a few video streams if i dont have to. RS4000 have been serving me well, but i dont need the ram and disk space, so i am paying way more than i need to.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Kaffekopp said:
    Really hoping for something with more cpu, and less ram and disk space. I dont want to rent dedis to encode just a few video streams if i dont have to. RS4000 have been serving me well, but i dont need the ram and disk space, so i am paying way more than i need to.

that's gonna be tough as it's usually the other way around. more ram and/or space but same cores...

• leyunleyun Member

I've been waiting for this for a few days :D

• @Falzo said:

@Kaffekopp said:
    Really hoping for something with more cpu, and less ram and disk space. I dont want to rent dedis to encode just a few video streams if i dont have to. RS4000 have been serving me well, but i dont need the ram and disk space, so i am paying way more than i need to.

that's gonna be tough as it's usually the other way around. more ram and/or space but same cores...

Iknow. But still. If i can get decent performance for the same or lower price than my current ax41, im happy.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Falzo said:
    bringing this back up, because only a few hours left ;-)

I'll try to list the interesting eggs and the pages they might appear on.

while waiting, I just looked at my collection of old order links from the past and found this...
    https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1542 (ref) - true lowend I'd say, but no way of ordering anymore anyway :#

Nice: it makes one feel nostalgic :smile:

At the same time: 10 MBit/s Bandbreite! (Jawohl!)

• Wow! I think it was me who snatched all available EGGS https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2964549/#Comment_2964549

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@alexvolk said:
    Wow! I think it was me who snatched all available EGGS https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2964549/#Comment_2964549

feel free to add in here what and moreover where to eventually find them this year ;-)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

It seems to me that there are at least two new details this year:

• They explicitly say that the eggs will be around (subject to availability) until next Sunday
    • "netcup Twinbook (LIMITED EDITION)"

Do we know anything about the netcup Twinbook? :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@angstrom said: Do we know anything about the netcup Twinbook?

I haven't found anything about it yet, but if it's really a nice planner+notebook then I am interested too. so far have their cup and oviously the Johann already ;-)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Just to confirm — this starts in two hours? (10:59 PM GMT?)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@nonissue said:
    Just to confirm — this starts in two hours? (10:59 PM GMT?)

GMT is rather 10:00PM then, because we have CEST here now ;-)

but yes. in about two hours ;-)

Thanked by 2nonissue webcraft
  • Ah, somehow I managed to get the wrong current time GMT, dunno how I managed that.

Thank you Falzo!

• @Falzo said:
    feel free to add in here what and moreover where to eventually find them this year ;-)

I will try to add this year too, let's wait when it will start :smile:

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

meanwhile... have some merchandise. ähm. beer. I meant beer.

Thanked by 2nfn angstrom
  • snzsnz Member
    edited April 2021

Just be sure to read the TOS/AGB etc.:

I still have a VPS from last year which has a contract period of 12 months - recurring. So when you get one of the servers you can only cancel them at exactly one point in the year. I still have use for this one but thought of upgrading which is also not possible.

Just be aware, I found this quite unusual.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2021

@snz said:
    Just be sure to read the TOS/AGB etc.:

I still have a VPS from last year which has a contract period of 12 months - recurring. So when you get one of the servers you can only cancel them at exactly one point in the year. I still have use for this one but thought of upgrading which is also not possible.

Just be aware, I found this quite unusual.

yeah, german habits... contracts have a period, especially their special offers nearly all come with a contract period of 12 month (billing period might differ) and you need to cancel the product latest 31 days before end of that period. otherwise the contract term will extend automatically for another 12 month.

and be aware that they will hold you to these terms. just stopping to pay will not end your contract and eventually have them send collection agencies after you (around the globe if need be).

so they are definitely not the right choice for people who are expecting services to end automatically in any way or that are somewhat used to 'lazy' contractual terms.

if you bought a service last easter then most likely it's too late for that to cancel now. you can see the earliest cancellation date in their control panel on the product infos.

just to be aware for new customers: they also most likely ask for validation/verification via ID on new signups and they usually do not remove VAT just because you are outside europe unless you prove that you are actually a business/company...

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • nfnnfn Veteran
    edited April 2021

I don't like contracts, that's why I only have one promotion from 2019. I prefer paying full price and have the choice to cancel in the next month other than in a year.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited April 2021

@Falzo said:
    yeah, german habits... contracts have a period, especially their special offers nearly all come with a contract period of 12 month (billing period might differ) and you need to cancel the product latest 30 days before end of that period. otherwise the contract term will extend automatically for another 12 month.

Even as a German myself I find that kind of contract extremely annoying (if you don't cancel until X days before end of contract -> auto extend for a year). One of a few more reasons for me not to go with Netcup for VPSes. For domains very cheap and reliable though.

• OsirisBlackOsirisBlack Member
    edited April 2021

Can you not cancel as soon as you get it set at the end of the billing period?
    Then you only have to remember to remove the cancellation if you want to extend.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@chrisp said:

@Falzo said:
    yeah, german habits... contracts have a period, especially their special offers nearly all come with a contract period of 12 month (billing period might differ) and you need to cancel the product latest 30 days before end of that period. otherwise the contract term will extend automatically for another 12 month.

Even as a German myself I find that kind of contract extremely annoying (if you don't cancel until X days before end of contract -> auto extend). One of a few more reasons for me not to go with Netcup for VPSes. For domains very cheap and reliable though.

I feel you. I also do not like that very much, but you probably have to admit that we are quite used to it... because subscription models like that have been everywhere and still are. think about power delivery (okay that's easy, because they raise prices all year anyway granting you and easy exit) or even worse mobile phones and shit. 24 months, cheap. but dare you to forget cancellation in time, then it can be another year fpr triple the price or more...

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2021

@OsirisBlack said:
    Then you only have to remember to remove the cancellation if you want to extend.

yes, that indeed is an option.

edit: but people still might get confused if the billing term differs. for the bigger services you might be billed monthly but still are locked in a yearly contract, so...

• OsirisBlackOsirisBlack Member
    edited April 2021

@Falzo said:

@OsirisBlack said:

yes, that indeed is an option.

Yeah - It's what I do with other contracts I've had. Always felt more comfortable doing this. Good to know you can do this with Netcup.

edit: If I'm going into a 12mth contract - I feel better knowing it isn't going to auto renew if i forget :)

Thanked by 1Falzo