Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest 10 years registration for domain.tld and from any Registrar
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest 10 years registration for domain.tld and from any Registrar

PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
edited April 2021 in General

Hi'al,

So I'm looking for the cheapest (most affordable) tld for a domain that can be registered for 10 years...

The only registrar I found is PorkBun and with their Sale promo for .men (tld)

Any other promotion you know of that beats this one, please share :)

thanks

Thanked by 1kalipus

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

In case ccTLDs are of interest, .NL costs < €3 with the registry. So even without any promo, that could be roughly €30 for 10 years, with the right registrar, and a TLD with a lot better reputation than men/site/online and like.

Thanked by 3PandoGulf ariq01 JasonM
  • isunbejoisunbejo Member
    edited April 2021

lowendtalk dot win lowendtalk dot bid = $25.30/10 years (on prokbun)

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • You can register for 10 years without any worry. But will the registry survive that long if the tld is not popular enough?

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited April 2021

@Boogeyman said:
    You can register for 10 years without any worry. But will the registry survive that long if the tld is not popular enough?

I see your point but I'm not sure that I would survive the next 10 year too :smiley: . So I'll take my chances.

The intent for these dummy domains is basically to be used for testing work, non critical projects and DNS servers .. est

• @isunbejo said:
    lowendtalk dot win lowendtalk dot bid = $25.30/10 years (on prokbun)

I've noticed those too. I'm not interested in the tld but rather the cost per 10 yr registration. Thanks.

• @Boogeyman said:
    You can register for 10 years without any worry. But will the registry survive that long if the tld is not popular enough?

But there's the risk of the tld raising renewal costs. $25 for 10 years is pretty good. But those cctlds are better. I think apart from nl, theres ru and de. Not too sure which others are cheap and don't require you to reside there.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • @RickBakkr said:
    In case ccTLDs are of interest, .NL costs < €3 with the registry. So even without any promo, that could be roughly €30 for 10 years, with the right registrar, and a TLD with a lot better reputation than men/site/online and like.

I'll consider ccTDLs for serious projects for sure.

thanks

• pbxpbx Member

There are often 10y deals on .eu (at Netim for example, follow them to know then the next sale is).

.eu ain't that bad and will likely renew at a cheap rate in 10years. Not so sure about crappy tlds, that might end up either disappearing or having high renewal fees: I wouldn't risk it!

.nl / .de / .ru could be great options as well.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • akbakb Member

Apart from the suggestions above, there is .co.in for €21.15 (~ $24.8) on Namecheap. A ccTLD so not going anywhere but doesn't support WHOIS privacy.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • A 1.111B class .xyz domain is 0.99$ year.
    1.111B basically means it has to consist of numbers.
    https://gen.xyz/pricing

It's a crappy domain but I got a few for testing dns and stuff like that.

• @akb said:
    Apart from the suggestions above, there is .co.in for €21.15 (~ $24.8) on Namecheap. A ccTLD so not going anywhere but doesn't support WHOIS privacy.

Can we lie in whois details?

• @rcy026 said:
    A 1.111B class .xyz domain is 0.99$ year.

Sweet, I don't mind registering my mobile number.xyz and that would be like 10 $ for 10 years.. sweet.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

What about .cyou? $25 for 10 years.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • @pbx said: There are often 10y deals on .eu (at Netim for example, follow them to know then the next sale is).

.eu ain't that bad and will likely renew at a cheap rate in 10years.

But can you register eu domains without being a eu resident?

• pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2021

@smallbibi said: But can you register eu domains without being a eu resident?

Not really. Some companies offer to register the domain using their address (as a proxy) but in that case you'll have to pay these and pricing stops being attractive, sadly.

• @NetDynamics24 said:

Naah, if it was .cu (I would go for it).

Don't know who in his right mind go for this ugly tld (no offense).

• Epik is register .com domain for FOREVER!

Register from here: https://www.epik.com/?affid=xi0te0xo9

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • @EnginTopcuoglu said:
    Epik is register .com domain for FOREVER!

Register from here: https://www.epik.com/?affid=xi0te0xo9

Interesting, but 399$ is a bit high end for one domain.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2021

@pbx said: .nl / .de / .ru could be great options as well.

.ru is very cheap, but it cannot be renewed for more than 1 year in advance. This is at the TLD level; some registrars may offer more, but then you're actually just storing a balance at the registrar, and they will renew the domain for you year-by-year. So you are not protected from the upstream price hikes.

Thanked by 2PandoGulf pbx
  • HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited April 2021

.eu domain is sometimes for ~10$ per 10 years

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • KonbuKonbu Member

@rcy026 said:
    A 1.111B class .xyz domain is 0.99$ year.

It's a crappy domain but I got a few for testing dns and stuff like that.

This is very attractive.I will consider it.

@PandoGulf said:

@NetDynamics24 said:

Naah, if it was .cu (I would go for it).

Don't know who in his right mind go for this ugly tld (no offense).

I think so too.
    cyou was $0.65/year until the other day due to AlibabaCloud's campaign. 10 years is $6.5/year.
    I hope they do it again.

On Porkbun, .bid / .date / .loan / .men / .party / .trade / .win are sometimes $2.5 with promotions.
    If you prefer ccTLD, Dynadot has a multi-year discount. .cc is $40 for the first 10 years. .in is also $26.
    I too would like to know where I can renew .nl / .de / .ru for less than $3.ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

lowend.party is one of the best investments I ever made. $6/10 years. Wonder if .party will make it that long. (.party is $2.53/year alas)

Thanked by 2JasonM PandoGulf
  • @rcy026 said: A 1.111B class .xyz domain is 0.99$ year.

Yup.. I too use them for testing purpose

• @raindog308 said:
    lowend.party is one of the best investments I ever made. $6/10 years. Wonder if .party will make it that long. (.party is $2.53/year alas)

Not bad at all !