Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is Intel core i9-9900k better than Intel xeon E3 or E5 ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is Intel core i9-9900k better than Intel xeon E3 or E5 ?

Hello, i am in search for an Dedicated Server From Hetzner for Virtualization purposes.
I want to sell VPS from Virtualizor at cheapest rate as possible. So i am in search for an Dedicated Server which have good speed and also not more expensive.

I was looking for AMD EPYC Processor servers in hetzner but i didn't find any low cost , all are costly.

I want to askt that how is Intel Core i9-9900k Octa Core With 2*8TB Enterprise HDD and 128 ddr4 ram for virtualization?
Is it better than Intel Xeon E3/E5 and AMD Ryzen 7 ?

Comments

• yes Intel i9 very good

big HDD very very good

• I seen a plan in hetzner
    Intel Core i9-9900k Octa Core
    2*8 TB SATA Enterprise HDD
    128GB DDR4 RAM
    Cost is 69 EURO Monthly + 69 Euro Setup Fee.
    Is it good for virtualization?

Is it better than AMD EPYC 7282 Processors , Intel Xeon E5 and E3 Processor ?

• Are you sure you want to sell vps when you don't even have an answer to these simple questions, and on top of that you couldn't be bothered to google. Also, you should be more worried about i/o than cpu in this case...

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited April 2021

@titaniumboy said:
    I seen a plan in hetzner
    Intel Core i9-9900k Octa Core
    2*8 TB SATA Enterprise HDD
    128GB DDR4 RAM
    Cost is 69 EURO Monthly + 69 Euro Setup Fee.
    Is it good for virtualization?

Is it better than AMD EPYC 7282 Processors , Intel Xeon E5 and E3 Processor ?

yes much much much better

those who disagree just don't want others to find out this is cheaper but better

• @smallbibi said:
    Are you sure you want to sell vps when you don't even have an answer to these simple questions, and on top of that you couldn't be bothered to google. Also, you should be more worried about i/o than cpu in this case...

Answers won't come up automatically like a miracle happen and i got answer in my mind. and also if have answer then must also ask to those who have better experience than us that's why i posted here

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

This one won't end well.

• @smallbibi said:
    Also, you should be more worried about i/o than cpu in this case...

Just run the two disks in raid 0. We can all play a game called what will last longer: the disks or the host?

Thanked by 2skorupion yoursunny
  • jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited April 2021

@titaniumboy said:
    Answers won't come up automatically like a miracle happen and i got answer in my mind. and also if have answer then must also ask to those who have better experience than us that's why i posted here

The problem is you showed zero effort towards trying to find out the answer, this isn't preschool (specially if you are trying to become a provider).

Although not indicative of performance in actual usage you can look at benchmarks, that would give you a general idea of how powerful the CPUs that you are comparing are.

You should also form better questions, "better" is the vaguest fucking shit you can ever ask, better at what? raw core speed, price-performance ratio, power consumption?

Thanked by 2goodwin Kassem
  • @jmgcaguicla said:

@titaniumboy said:

The problem is you showed zero effort towards trying to find out the answer, this isn't preschool (specially if you are trying to become a provider).

Although not indicative of performance in actual usage you can look at benchmarks, that would give you a general idea of how powerful the CPUs that you are comparing are.

You should also form better questions, "better" is the vaguest fucking shit you can ever ask, better at what? raw core speed, price-performance ratio, power consumption?

i checked benchmark.
    Intel Xeon E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz benchmark is 11605
    Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz benchmark is 18871

here, does processor wont matter if benchmark is high?
    Like Xeon are mainly made for servers and Intel core for desktop or PCs

but here, Intel Core i9 have better benchmark than Intel Xeon e5-2639
    then which CPU should i choose for server, intel core i9 or xeon?

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited April 2021

@titaniumboy said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@titaniumboy said:

i checked benchmark.
    Intel Xeon E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz benchmark is 11605
    Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz benchmark is 18871

here, does processor wont matter if benchmark is high?

You have much to learn and you are still being very vague. But let me give you a simple analogy. Think of cpu as providing roads for vehicles. The number of cores is like the number of lanes. The road could have different maximum weights, so maybe you can have trucks on it or maybe you can only have motorcycles. Also, there could be speed limit on the roads.

With the e5 you have many lanes, slow roads and low max weight. With the i9, you have less lanes, fast roads and higher max weight. Sometimes it is better to have less lanes that are faster, sometimes it is better to have more lanes that are slower. It depends on the use case.

But of course, the best case scenario is to have as many lanes as possible, with the highest maximum weight and highest speed limit. Then you have to think about how expensive road maintenace will cost. Maybe you need expensive asphalt to lay out the roads. Maybe you need to repair it more frequently. Etc etc

How would you feel if your government took taxpayers' money to build a 16-lane highway that is always empty? Then, think about how you would feel if you spent your own money to build that 16-lane highway.

This pretty much is nearly the entire microcosm of what you would consider when picking out a server.

Well, to be fair, if you don't know anything, you can't be specific.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

DO NOT. STARTING A HOSTING COMPANY @ HETZNER is just let's say more than stupid.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

@titaniumboy said:

I think you've answered your own question there. Xeon's and EPYC are server chips, i9 is desktop. Ryzen is a desktop chip, but supports ECC which is a good benefit over an equivalent intel desktop chip.

I think you've got a lot of research to do though - your customers won't have a good time on two 8TB spinners. Rather than focus on "cheapest rate possible", plan out what will make your customers love your services compared to someone else's. Anyone can sell cheap services.

• Go for more cores, more memory, more storage, more IPs, more I/O intensive specs.

Do more research like other said, you won't be able to make it up for your customers or manage expectation to handle abuses or later. Hetzner may not be good choice when you don't know how to handle yet.

• hostbethostbet Member, Host Rep

@jackb said:

@titaniumboy said:

I think you've answered your own question there. Xeon's and EPYC are server chips, i9 is desktop. Ryzen is a desktop chip, but supports ECC which is a good benefit over an equivalent intel desktop chip.

I think you've got a lot of research to do though - your customers won't have a good time on two 8TB spinners. Rather than focus on "cheapest rate possible", plan out what will make your customers love your services compared to someone else's. Anyone can sell cheap services.

Exactly, i checked her previous threads. He want to provide VPS Like Contabo and also at similar price.
    First of all, contabo is a datacenter and you're purchasing dedicated server at monthly basis ( rent ) from any other company. You won't be able to compete Contabo untill you have infrastructure like them.
    and Contabo provides a lot cheaper price than others but their servers are also slow and less I/O

You shouldn't focus on Cheap, you should focus on Affordable and Best.

• @titaniumboy said:
    I want to askt that how is Intel Core i9-9900k Octa Core With 2*8TB Enterprise HDD and 128 ddr4 ram for virtualization?

Unless if you want your server to reboot randomly or even shutdown itself continuously don't go with i9-9900k it has a bug , to many clients has reported EX62-NVMe "unreliable" so don't go with it !

We will see either

1. MY SERVER GOT TERMINATED, HALP! thread.

or

1. MY SHIT GOT HACKED. WHAT TO DO?! thread.
  • @deank said:
    We will see either

or

If you can't answer then please don't demotivate :)

@titaniumboy said:

@deank said:
    We will see either

or

He is telling you the truth dude. Go with anyone except Hetzner for a dedi for VPSs.

• @skorupion said:

@titaniumboy said:

@deank said:
    We will see either

or

He is telling you the truth dude. Go with anyone except Hetzner for a dedi for VPSs.

Contabo and racknerd ?

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

It depends how many instances you want to create:
    1. Less instances -> The CPU with highest Benchmark wins.
    2. Many instances -> The CPU with highest number of vCores wins.

@titaniumboy said:

@skorupion said:

@titaniumboy said:

@deank said:
    We will see either

or

Contabo and racknerd ?

YES a trillion times better for hosting VPSs than hetzner

The end is nigh on someone else in this thread.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@titaniumboy

Don't forget to add a beefy graphics card or two!

• I'm kind of curious how badly this ends after reading through the thread.