Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcement: AlmaLinux VPS Template Available | LET the battle begin Alma Vs Rocky?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcement: AlmaLinux VPS Template Available | LET the battle begin Alma Vs Rocky?

oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

We have added AlmaLinux 8.3 to our SolusIO VPS system.

We will also add RockyLinux soon too.

I wonder which will end up being the CentOS replacement 1yr from now... Place your bet!

Thanks,
Ryan

Alma Vs Rocky
  1. Bet: Who will come out on top 1yr from now?34 votes
    1. AlmaLinux
      76.47%
    2. RockyLinux
      23.53%

Comments

• I miss the none of the above option.

Thanked by 1goodwin
  • oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    I miss the none of the above option.

None is invisible, just dont vote!

• The best would be you stop using Solus and thinking of TrashLinux fork distros at all. Instead, provide your customers with a possibility of launching their own .iso without creating a support ticket, so they can install MySweetAppleLinux they want. There are lots of things you can improve in your company and worrying about adding distros that noone know about would be the last thing to bother.tt

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

@goodwin said:
    The best would be you stop using Solus and thinking of TrashLinux fork distros at all. Instead, provide your customers with a possibility of launching their own .iso without creating a support ticket, so they can install MySweetAppleLinux they want. There are lots of things you can improve in your company and worrying about adding distros that noone know about would be the last thing to bother.tt

The request to install via ISO has been already sent to SolusIO dev team.

Tons of people use Redhat/Centos/CloudLinux and want to continue to have a free option to host cpanel on.

Thx
    -Ryan

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@oplink said: I wonder which will end up being the CentOS replacement 1yr from now...

Debian, thx