Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes! Let's Try This Again! 6TB For Just 6.99€/Mo! 4TB 4.99€/Month! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes! Let's Try This Again! 6TB For Just 6.99€/Mo! 4TB 4.99€/Month!

Comments

• i am happy that slots going fast. ppl love it. i am new to this seedbox. dont know where to learn but i am happy that i got this offer i will learn and see how it works the seedbox :)

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • raid0 threw me off otherwise good deal

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

We made a oopsie. It would help if enough servers were assigned to Value1000 !

So there is actually a couple more of the extra sweet low price available. Just assigned two more servers to it :)

Thanked by 1seed2tweet
  • Gone?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@chedenaz said:
    Gone?

yes

• kafuuchinokafuuchino Member
    edited March 2021

I would like to ask how to calculate the external traffic allocated. Is it only the upload traffic?

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited March 2021

@kafuuchino said:
    I would like to ask how to calculate the external traffic allocated. Is it only the upload traffic?

they count both directions of traffic

• First of all, thanks to the provider for this amazing offer!

Has anybody tried installing Emby (or any other media server for that matter) on V1000 ?
    I followed these instructions for Emby https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=485
    but got stuck at the step of changing ports because there was no directory “emby” in var/lib/.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Quick Q for the Deluge users out here. I already asked support but wanted to ask here bc something ain't 100% with my knowledge

Does Deluge need ports to be opened to ensure I can always connect to a peer even if the peer's port is closed?

• good price !

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @seed2tweet said:
    First of all, thanks to the provider for this amazing offer!

Has anybody tried installing Emby (or any other media server for that matter) on V1000 ?
    I followed these instructions for Emby https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=485
    but got stuck at the step of changing ports because there was no directory “emby” in var/lib/.

Just run the server without changing ports amd it'll create config file in your data directory.

Thanked by 1seed2tweet
  • Good god this outperforms my HostSolutions 6TB 6GB 6 vCore el'Cheapo so badly it makes even that look like a bad deal. I thought the HostSolutions price was so good I prepaid for some years already but now this service is blowing it out the water and it's managed lmfao :-(

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @seed2tweet said:
    First of all, thanks to the provider for this amazing offer!

I managed to install Jellyfin and while it works for direct play, the interface is extremely slow thanks to it being on what I assume is HDD with other people writing to/reading off of it.

I'd assume Emby would turn out the same way even if you did get it installed.

• @definitelyliam said:

I managed to install Jellyfin and while it works for direct play, the interface is extremely slow thanks to it being on what I assume is HDD with other people writing to/reading off of it.

For me, judging by rutorrent/rtorrent performance, the HDD speeds are excellent.

Could you please share the instructions you used to install Jellyfin. I would like to try give it a try also.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @mikewazar said:
    Good god this outperforms my HostSolutions 6TB 6GB 6 vCore el'Cheapo so badly it makes even that look like a bad deal. I thought the HostSolutions price was so good I prepaid for some years already but now this service is blowing it out the water and it's managed lmfao :-(

I hear you and totally agree. Luckily, I managed to cancel my service at HostSolutions.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @akatuski said:

Just run the server without changing ports amd it'll create config file in your data directory.

It would not run because it could not find executable.
    So I modified exec path to $APP_DIR/opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer \

Now when I run I get this error:

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'sqlite3' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems , consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: libsqlite3: cannot open sh ared object file: No such file or directory
    at SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3.NativeMethods.sqlite3_libversion_number( )
    at SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3.SQLitePCL.ISQLite3Provider.sqlite3_libve rsion_number()
    at SQLitePCL.raw.SetProvider(ISQLite3Provider imp)
    at EmbyServer.Program.Main(String[] args)
    Aborted

• edited April 2021

@seed2tweet said:
    @definitelyliam said:

For me, judging by rutorrent/rtorrent performance, the HDD speeds are excellent.

Could you please share the instructions you used to install Jellyfin. I would like to try give it a try also.

1. Download the .NET Core binaries: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-aspnetcore-5.0.4-linux-x64-binaries and extract it to $HOME/dotnet
    2. Add it to your Path
    3. Download the combined portal version of Jellyfin: https://repo.jellyfin.org/releases/server/portable/stable/
    4. Extract Jellyfin and run the jellyfin binary inside.

Run it once, set it up and go to the Networking tab to change the port. Then restart Jellyfin.

• I hope there is a CPU throttle in place to avoid abuse of server resources conaidering its a shared server. Transcoding will negatively impact CPU for others.

• seed2tweetseed2tweet Member
    edited April 2021

I understand this and will use occasionally, and in direct play mode only

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @xetsys said:
    I hope there is a CPU throttle in place to avoid abuse of server resources conaidering its a shared server. Transcoding will negatively impact CPU for others.

Yep. Plus it won't even yield great results on this box. Perhaps a higher plan would be better, for everybody's sake.

I just set up MinIO to serve the files and use an rclone remote on a Hetzner Helsinki cloud server to run Jellyfin/Plex. Most people wouldn't notice the difference since they're both in Helsinki anyway. You could also do it over SFTP/FTP but somehow serving an S3-compatible storage solution is more responsive (probably placebo but I didn't fiddle around more since it already works so well).

• @definitelyliam said:
    I just set up MinIO to serve the files and use an rclone remote on a Hetzner Helsinki cloud server to run Jellyfin/Plex.

Would you point me in the right direction to set up MinIO on these?

• @caracal said:

@definitelyliam said:
    I just set up MinIO to serve the files and use an rclone remote on a Hetzner Helsinki cloud server to run Jellyfin/Plex.

Would you point me in the right direction to set up MinIO on these?

Just download the binary and run: https://min.io/download#/linux

It's a Go app, so it's a single executable file. Remember to change the port so you don't conflict with others: ./minio server --address :port-number /path/to/folder

Thanked by 2caracal PulsedMedia
  • @xetsys said:
    I hope there is a CPU throttle in place to avoid abuse of server resources conaidering its a shared server. Transcoding will negatively impact CPU for others.

@xetsys said:

running top lets me see the host mode CPU and RAM until and it's idle asf

• @mikewazar said:

@xetsys said:

@xetsys said:

There are at least 4+ users on the shared server. If everybody thinks like that, you will be finding another server before long.

• yes

@xetsys said:

@mikewazar said:

@xetsys said:

@xetsys said:

There are at least 4+ users on the shared server. If everybody thinks like that, you will be finding another server before long.

@kafuuchino said:

Yes, just upload.
    Only upload to external networks is ever limited

@benj0x said:

@kafuuchino said:

they count both directions of traffic

Incorrect, we do not count download

@mikewazar said: Does Deluge need ports to be opened to ensure I can always connect to a peer even if the peer's port is closed?

All ports open by default on this type of server, just use the premade config and you should be golden.

@mikewazar said:
    Good god this outperforms my HostSolutions 6TB 6GB 6 vCore el'Cheapo so badly it makes even that look like a bad deal. I thought the HostSolutions price was so good I prepaid for some years already but now this service is blowing it out the water and it's managed lmfao :-(

Wow! Thanks for the super kind words! ^_^

@definitelyliam said: I managed to install Jellyfin and while it works for direct play, the interface is extremely slow thanks to it being on what I assume is HDD with other people writing to/reading off of it.

These servers will be a bit sluggish initially as they are all filled to the max at same time, people are testing and pushing the servers hard for the first couple weeks.
    I would assume it gets better over time.

Transcoding is also CPU bound, and i don't think these low power decade old CPUs can do more than couple transcode streams simultaneously. CPU usage on seedboxes has skyrocketed anyways in couple past years with rclone etc. usage too. Used to be even heaviest used servers are like 97% CPU IDLE.

@seed2tweet said: I hear you and totally agree. Luckily, I managed to cancel my service at HostSolutions.

awesome to hear the general consensus is that it's high perf! :) Much appreciated

@definitelyliam said:

@seed2tweet said:
    @definitelyliam said:

1. Download the .NET Core binaries: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-aspnetcore-5.0.4-linux-x64-binaries and extract it to $HOME/dotnet
    2. Add it to your Path
    3. Download the combined portal version of Jellyfin: https://repo.jellyfin.org/releases/server/portable/stable/
    4. Extract Jellyfin and run the jellyfin binary inside.

Run it once, set it up and go to the Networking tab to change the port. Then restart Jellyfin.

May we share this with credit?

@xetsys said:

There is some management, but to be honest, there's never been actual need for that.

We give enough trust to users that most will be honest users and will not try to abuse, and if there is abuse we will act on it :)

We then request user to upgrade to Dragon-R typically, it has like 20x the processing power. Those servers feel like infinite performance, no matter how much we throw at them they just chuck along almost idle :O We are now working to bring ZEN platform to M10G series too (5 servers to start with about to be brought online)

Thanks to everyone who took part on this promo :)

Much appreciated, and we are happy to provide this :)

Thanked by 2xetsys seed2tweet
  • Wait, really only upload? Time to push the backups more often! <3

This is a dream as a backup service. Wow!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @benj0x said:
    Wait, really only upload? Time to push the backups more often! <3

Make sure to have backups elsewhere as well as the storage is RAID0.

Thanked by 2benj0x PulsedMedia
  • @CyberneticTitan said:

@benj0x said:

Make sure to have backups elsewhere as well as the storage is RAID0.

Well. They're backups. I don't really care what happens to them as they're only my emergency fallback.

However I still backup them to multiple locations to ensure maximum data safety.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
    edited April 2021

@benj0x said:

awesome :)

And easy as backup, just pipe source through pigz, gpg, ssh and 1 line backup done :)

Something like:

tar -c DIR|pigz -9|gpg --batch --passphare --ciper-algo AES256 -c| ssh user@server 'cat > backupfile.tar.gz'

With little thought you can also make rotating passwords ;)
    Done that myself years and years ago

Thanked by 1benj0x