Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage and NVMe goodness :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage and NVMe goodness :)

hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hi guys,

We have the following offers available.

2 GB RAM
15 GB NVMe
2 TB bandwidth
$2.5 per month, or $20 per year
Pay for 2 years upfront for 2x RAM and 2x bandwidth

Available in: Los Angeles, Stockholm, Madrid, Milan, New York, Warsaw

8 GB RAM
40 GB NVMe
5 TB bandwidth
$5.5 per month, $50 per year
Pay for 2 years upfront for 2x RAM and 2x bandwidth

Available in: Los Angeles, Stockholm, Madrid, Milan, New York, Warsaw

Multiple packages can be stacked.

512 MB RAM
250 GB usable storage
3 TB bandwidth
$18 per year

Available in: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, London and Chicago

These will be available for one week, unless they are extended. If they are sold out, the links will stop working.

They cannot be changed/modified with old VMs. We also offer BGP sessions in all of our locations for customers spending at least $180/year or $25 per month in total account spend.

IPv6 is available in all of our locations.

Comments

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

If I understand correctly, the second plan, if paid biannually, provides a better GB RAM-to-price ratio than to the BF deals (other than the bandwidth, storage, and core count reduction)... nice :)

• How many core per plan ? and if stacked ?

• For the first plan, if I pay for 2 years, can you do 2x storage space instead of 2x RAM?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ben47955 said:
    How many core per plan ? and if stacked ?

You can see the CPU on the order page. CPU cores are not added when stacking, only dedicated %.

@ramesh_vish said:
    For the first plan, if I pay for 2 years, can you do 2x storage space instead of 2x RAM?

Unfortunately not :(

• @hosthatch said: Multiple packages can be stacked.

Can I stack storage too? And if yes how it actually works, I don't see any +1 before ordering - order two, message support? Merge button will show up? :)

• @JabJab said:

@hosthatch said: Multiple packages can be stacked.

Can I stack storage too? And if yes how it actually works, I don't see any +1 before ordering - order two, message support? Merge button will show up? :)

Based on the previous thread I did the following:

• Order a service
    • Add funds to account credit to cover extra stacking
    • Support ticket and request upgrade

Granted my service was for an NVMe server, but it doesn't explicitly say storage isn't considered, so it's probably fine.

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • @hosthatch said: You can see the CPU on the order page. CPU cores are not added when stacking, only dedicated %.

Maybe it's me, but cpu allocation seem low for the quantity of RAM.

Thanked by 2pbx yoursunny
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@JabJab said:

@hosthatch said: Multiple packages can be stacked.

Can I stack storage too?

Yes :)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited March 2021

https://hosthatch.com/features#datacenters
    Madrid and Milan looking glass are not working.
    Can you post their IP (both v4 and v6)?

How much CPU am I allowed to use persistently on the 2GB x2 plan?
    What CPU model is that?

Thanked by 2Ganonk pbx
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2021

Your site isn't loading for me.

@yoursunny said: What CPU model is that?

Most of their locations are either E5-2680 v2 or E5-2690 v2

@yoursunny said: Madrid and Milan looking glass are not working.
    Can you post their IP (both v4 and v6)?

FWIW I'm using a HostHatch Madrid server for https://dnstools.ws/. You can do pings/traceroutes from there or ping/traceroute es.worker.dns.tg if you like.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited March 2021

Any chance to make the second deal possible in amsterdam? I had a similar ticket open a few days ago.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • jxpaljxpal Member

Hello, is the price of storage 250g in lax set wrong?

edited March 2021

@jxpal said:
    Hello, is the price of storage 250g in lax set wrong?

Interesting... I'm seeing the same thing too (now that the site is loading for me). It's showing $75/year rather than $18/year

FWIW based on my own anecdotal testing I'd recommend Chicago over Los Angeles for storage if the ping times aren't too bad from your location. Faster disks and slightly faster CPU. Both are really good for the price though!

Thanked by 1pbx
    edited March 2021

@Daniel15 said:
    FWIW I'm using a HostHatch Madrid server for https://dnstools.ws/. You can do pings/traceroutes from there or ping/traceroute es.worker.dns.tg if you like.

I want one server for serving all of Europe.

Stockholm: Telia, supposed to good but a little too north
    Warsaw: Cogent, bad reputation in the US
    Madrid: M247, all the traffic goes to France and sometimes UK

@yoursunny said: What CPU model is that?

Most of their locations are either E5-2680 v2 or E5-2690 v2

Order page says 12.5% CPU.
    This CPU model is Ivy Bridge 3.00 GHz, so 12.5% is only 375 MHz.

If RAM is doubled but CPU isn't, this would be underpowered.
    If both are doubled, it's more reasonable.

@hosthatch do you double both RAM and CPU percentage, or is it still at 12.5%?

• @yoursunny said: Order page says 12.5% CPU.

That means 12.5% dedicated. You're free to use 12.5% CPU constantly, and can burst to 100%, but you can't constantly use 100%. Other providers have similar limits but they just say "fair use" and don't explain what "fair use" actually means. At least HostHatch is clear about it :)

Thanked by 1pbx
    edited March 2021

@Daniel15 said:

@yoursunny said: Order page says 12.5% CPU.

That means 12.5% dedicated. You're free to use 12.5% CPU constantly, and can burst to 100%, but you can't constantly use 100%. Other providers have similar limits but they just say "fair use" and don't explain what "fair use" actually means. At least HostHatch is clear about it :)

The "other providers" I have all have specified limits that are higher than this.
    Without naming names:

• 25% core, 1GB RAM, $8.40/year
    • 33% core, 384MB RAM, $4/year
    • 33% core, 1GB RAM, $1.50/month
    • 50% core, 1GB RAM, $16/year
    • 66% core, 1920MB RAM, $8.88/year

12.5% for 4GB is low in comparison.
    If I run an application similar to an in-memory database, I'm concerned that I'll exceed CPU allocation.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
    edited March 2021

@yoursunny said: 12.5% for 4GB is low in comparison.

Yeah, I didn't say that it's a high limit, just that they're clear about what the limit is. :smile:

For comparison, I've got a 16GB RAM / 80GB NVMe VPS and it's got 100% dedicated core. On the other hand, I also have some 1GB RAM / 10GB NVMe VPSes from their Black Friday sale and they're either 25% or 30% dedicated depending on location 🤔

@yoursunny said: The "other providers" I have all have specified limits that are higher than this.

Are the prices of those providers comparable though? For example, BuyVM offer 100% CPU for 4GB but they're $15/month which is way higher.

Edit: I see you added the prices now :)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I wanted to pay for two years, but I only paid for one year, what can I do?

Because one year is $18 and two years is $32, I think it's a better deal.

• @yoursunny said:

@Daniel15 said:

The "other providers" I have all have specified limits that are higher than this.
    Without naming names:

If I run an application similar to an in-memory database, I'm concerned that I'll exceed CPU allocation.

Name it,looks very good deal.

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited March 2021

@yoursunny said:

@Daniel15 said:

Without naming names:

but you do know that virmach cores are already throttled and yet steal is easily more than 20.0 right?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I also want to change the payment period to 2 years?
    How should we do?

@mcgree said:
    I wanted to pay for two years, but I only paid for one year, what can I do?

Because one year is $18 and two years is $32, I think it's a better deal.

• I bought plan 3 at Stockholm, and have payed the invoice, but it has been showing "Finalising" for about 3 hours. Is it normal? Please check the Invoice #230733. Thanks.
    @hosthatch

• is there chance to get this offer again, HostHatch 10TB storage for $10/month, I don't have vps with hosthatch but I would like to try if it has this plan.

• @soulnice said:
    I bought plan 3 at Stockholm, and have payed the invoice, but it has been showing "Finalising" for about 3 hours. Is it normal? Please check the Invoice #230733. Thanks.
    @hosthatch

Same here, but I think it’s normal. Searching for “finalizing” got many results.

• cazrzcazrz Member

@soulnice said:
    I bought plan 3 at Stockholm, and have payed the invoice, but it has been showing "Finalising" for about 3 hours. Is it normal? Please check the Invoice #230733. Thanks.
    @hosthatch

Yes, its normal. They manually provision promo servers. Im still waiting for my 7 vps but 2 got already delivered.

• n1.png
    n2.png

$20 per year but $50 per 2 years???

• @mcgree said:
    n1.png
    n2.png

$20 per year but $50 per 2 years???

I think it is 2 years with 2x ram and 2x bandwidth

• Any 10TB storage? :D

Thanked by 2darkimmortal kalipus

@delimiter said: I think it is 2 years with 2x ram and 2x bandwidth

For the other ones it's correct, for this one it is wrong

@yoursunny said: I want one server for serving all of Europe.

+1

In some cases, one location with very good connectivity should be prioritized over a myriad of different data centers, each with average connectivity. Fiber should be ~10 ms per 1000 miles, so a single location with amazing connectivity should theoretically be sufficient to serve a web app across all of Europe with sub-30 ms latency.

Think some users would be willing to pay extra for a location with premium bandwidth.

Although, the pricing on these is great for other things like compute and cool if you want to build your own load balanced systems. I'm using some to play around with k8s, and latency doesn't matter on that given it's just for fun and testing.