Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BunnyCDN 502 error from India - only with RackNerd VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BunnyCDN 502 error from India - only with RackNerd VPS

pkrpkr Member
edited March 2021 in Help

I am using BunnyCDN to serve the static contents of my website. I have hosted all my static files on a RackNerd VPS.

When the website is accessed from India, those static contents (image, js, and css files) return 502 error, and hence the website is not properly shown in India. Except for India, this problem does not happen in any other locations. I tried different locations of RackNerd VPS (NY, LA, AMS) and their Intel and Ryzen versions, but the static contents always return 502 in India.

If I host my static contents on another host (I tried NexusBytes, SSDNodes, LittleCreek, and Ethernetservers), all static contents open perfectly fine in India i.e. no 502 error. So, it seems that BunnyCDN's India server does not like RackNerd VPS.

I created tickets, but both BunnyCDN and RackNerd have no clue why 502 error is returned when files are hosted on RackNerd only. BunnyCDN gave me a list IPv4 and IPv6 and RackNerd found that they are not blocking those IPs.

Has anyone experienced this issue? What could be the problem? Any help?

Comments

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited March 2021

[deleted]

• @pkr said: Has anyone experienced this issue? What could be the problem? Any help?

Had similar issue, turns out it was my firewall.

• pkrpkr Member

@jahrinc said:

@pkr said: Has anyone experienced this issue? What could be the problem? Any help?

Had similar issue, turns out it was my firewall.

I disabled Firewall, but it did not solve the problem.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

Sorry to hear about the issues. I've jumped on what I believe is your ticket and will be happy to help you figure it out, but due to privacy/security reasons I think it's best we stick to that. It does seem to be something related to your specific configuration or their network based on network tests. (If that was not your ticket, then please ask for Dejan and I'll find that one or DM me the ticket ID :))

• pkrpkr Member

@BunnySpeed said:
    Sorry to hear about the issues. I've jumped on what I believe is your ticket and will be happy to help you figure it out, but due to privacy/security reasons I think it's best we stick to that. It does seem to be something related to your specific configuration or their network based on network tests. (If that was not your ticket, then please ask for Dejan and I'll find that one or DM me the ticket ID :))

No issue. I have moved all static contents to Ethernetservers and everything is fine now. I wanted to use RackNerd because of the large BW. However, Ethernetservers was too generous to increase the BW without an additional charge.
    I posted the issue here to know if anyone found this issue and how did they resolve it. I will update my ticket.

• @pkr said:

@BunnySpeed said:

No issue. I have moved all static contents to Ethernetservers and everything is fine now. I wanted to use RackNerd because of the large BW. However, Ethernetservers was too generous to increase the BW without an additional charge.
    I posted the issue here to know if anyone found this issue and how did they resolve it. I will update my ticket.

I think it's your firewall setup (or Edge Rules on BunnyCDN). I use RackNerd - BunnyCDN - RunCloud. I've not experienced such a problem ( though most of my sites are Wordpress). Still, no problem.

What are your Edge Rules on Bunny?

• pkrpkr Member

@DanSummer said:

I think it's your firewall setup (or Edge Rules on BunnyCDN). I use RackNerd - BunnyCDN - RunCloud. I've not experienced such a problem ( though most of my sites are Wordpress). Still, no problem.

What are your Edge Rules on Bunny?

I have not set up any Edge Rules on Bunny. My site is not WordPress and every page loads ~60-70 static contents. ~95% of those static contents are thumbnails.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@pkr said:
    every page loads ~60-70 static contents. ~95% of those static contents are thumbnails.

Website wouldn't perform well due to excessive HTTP requests.
    Browser can only execute a small number of HTTP requests to the same server: Firefox allows 6 requests; Internet Explorer allows 2 requests.

You can embed the thumbnails as data: URIs on the HTML page itself, to reduce HTTP requests.

• pkrpkr Member

@yoursunny said:

@pkr said:

Browser can only execute a small number of HTTP requests to the same server: Firefox allows 6 requests; Internet Explorer allows 2 requests.

Did not HTTP2 fix this old problem?
    Using HTTP2, browsers should now make full use of TCP.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

@yoursunny said:

@pkr said:
    every page loads ~60-70 static contents. ~95% of those static contents are thumbnails.

Website wouldn't perform well due to excessive HTTP requests.

You can embed the thumbnails as data: URIs on the HTML page itself, to reduce HTTP requests.

HTTP/2 resolves this issue, so doing that would just remove the benefits of any sort of CDN while the data then needs to be transferred from the main server in a format with a huge overhead in terms of data size, plus make the browser waste even more CPU decoding that.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • While we are at it.. any hint of upcoming bunny festival sale?