Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSailor - ignorant, incapable and stupid? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSailor - ignorant, incapable and stupid?

Comments

• Man overboard!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • At least it's better than MaxKVM kicking out the customer because they dared to ask them about stock availability.

It's on the front page of the other green forum, I'll not provide a link here.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited March 2021

Well, it increasingly looks like @HostSailor only came here to make it look a bit nicer but did not look at the ticket whose number he requested. Or maybe they simply need more than a day to say "we are sorry. Here's a cookie to compensate for our f_ckup".
    The fact that they not even recognize that they f_cked up points in that direction, too.

@HostSailor less eye rape via obtrusive ads and more actual service would be a good way!

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • LeviLevi Member

PMS fumes all over this thread. Rotten fish smell penetrates deeply and makes me gag. No proper screenshots submitted and only bla bla.

@LTniger said:
    PMS fumes all over this thread. Rotten fish smell penetrates deeply and makes me gag. No proper screenshots submitted and only bla bla.

You'll get even more than screenshots, you'll get tickets once you are the provider. Until then there is no reason to prove anything to you.

• @jsg said: When asked why he wouldn't help me, he told me that he is only sales and can't access anything for support. So why, I wondered, did he request a screenshot? And why does HostSailor have sales available but not support?

The wonders of outsourcing support to poor third world regions. If I were outsourcing support like that I wouldn't let them access anything anyway. I'm guessing their only role is to be present and give simple replies. (Or if they had access to tickets, all they have to do is "elevate" tickets so support seems active)

• LeeLee Veteran

@jsg said: You'll get even more than screenshots, you'll get tickets once you are the provider. Until then there is no reason to prove anything to you.

You really need to take some of the advice you are forever dishing out to others.

edited March 2021

@smallbibi said:

@jsg said: When asked why he wouldn't help me, he told me that he is only sales and can't access anything for support. So why, I wondered, did he request a screenshot? And why does HostSailor have sales available but not support?

The wonders of outsourcing support to poor third world regions. If I were outsourcing support like that I wouldn't let them access anything anyway. I'm guessing their only role is to be present and give simple replies. (Or if they had access to tickets, all they have to do is "elevate" tickets so support seems active)

I don't know where Omar lives. Iirc @HostSailor is an arabian company and Omar may well be local staff. And frankly I don't care, nor do I care to bash HostSailor btw or their staff. All I want is for them to provide services of a reasonable quality in a reasonable way (e.g. not ignorant). Arab, french, swedish, brazilian, indian, I don't care.

@Lee said:

@jsg said: You'll get even more than screenshots, you'll get tickets once you are the provider. Until then there is no reason to prove anything to you.

You really need to take some of the advice you are forever dishing out to others.

"Mr. Lee always made lots of efforts and tried hard to meet the requirements" ...

Have a nice week ;)

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @jsg said: @HostSailor less eye rape via obtrusive ads and more actual service would be a good way!

Peachy! :smiley:

Thanked by 1jsg
  • xaocxaoc Member

Hmm...

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Oh well, end of the day, I'm pretty sure @HostSailor will compensate accordingly, or at least share his sincerest apology for what has happened.

@thedp said:
    Oh well, end of the day, I'm pretty sure @HostSailor will compensate accordingly, or at least share his sincerest apology for what has happened.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure too. I'm expecting the delivery of a Ferrari for compensation any minute now. I mean that's just the logical extension of how they did so far ...

• @jsg said:

@thedp said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure too. I'm expecting the delivery of a Ferrari for compensation any minute now. I mean that's just the logical extension of how they did so far ...

Hard to tell if serious or trolling..

• Yeah im sure he's serious about Ferrari.

Shit happens, but whats pretty bad is that its so many people that report the same thing and they can't disable the auto-block until they can fix the issue?

edited March 2021

@its420somewhere said:
    Hard to tell if serious or trolling..

Joking.

You see, yet another day has passed without any reaction from @HostSailor. So you'll likely understand why I don't hold my breath till your assumption turns out to be true.

The way I "read" HostSailor so far is something like this:

"We give you a really dirt cheap VPS and we usually even make things work again when we f_ck up from time to time. So shut the f_ck up and forget about us behaving even minimally decently and respectfully towards you. And now p_ss off, you cheapskates!"

My response: It wasn't our decision to create products that target LET and it neither was our decision for you to have mediocre to poor support. Those were your decisions, so either treat us, your customers, with a modicum of respect or get lost from LET!

• Proposed new thread title: "@jsg pays peanuts. Rants about the monkeys."

@skorous said:
    Proposed new thread title: "@jsg pays peanuts. Rants about the monkeys."

So, you "think" that customers buying cheap products shouldn't be treated decently and in fact do not have the right to be able to use their VPS and the panel?

"Interesting" view - at LET, well noted.

How about "jsg not asking for or complaining about performance, special support service with extras, fast support" - which indeed would be paying peanuts and ranting about the monkeys. But that's not what this thread is about.

• @skorous said:
    Proposed new thread title: "@jsg pays peanuts. Rants about the monkeys."

This is wrong. While yes, cheap or less maybe bad, but money exchanged is money exchanged and a dollar is a dollar.

The receiving end needed the dollar, just as much as the sending end. So it should be treated with same amount of care and attention.

• I don't disagree with either of you that they should be treated decently. I'm saying that buying a product you know sometimes has issues isn't only the vendors fault. Or am I confusing them with someone else? I feel like issues with HostSailor have been fairly well documented. If I've cross-linked HostSailor then I apologize.

• Yes, you pay for what you get.. Lower prices are very likely due to some aspect of the product not being at the same level as higher priced products. Maybe, lesser support staff or oversold nodes.. but what isn't right is not fixing the base product, in this case, if your bandwidth calculation is flawed, that needs to be fixed.

• darbdarb Member

so I guess the moral of the thread is that dealing with HostSailor can leave you with the taste of seamen in your mouth?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @darb said:
    so I guess the moral of the thread is that dealing with HostSailor can leave you with the taste of seamen in your mouth?

Why did I read it while eating yoghurt?
    Why?! :'( :s

• @dodheimsgard said:

@darb said:

You got the full HostSailor experience then 😂

• LeviLevi Member

Provider left his customer floating... Not good, not good at all

@LTniger said:
    Provider left his customers floating... Not good, not good at all

Added a plural 's'. I'm just one but there are others, too.

And yes, still no reaction whatsoever from @HostSailor.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@dodheimsgard said:

@darb said:

Do you still taste it?

• @skorupion said:

@dodheimsgard said:

@darb said:

Do you still taste it?

Give me a kiss, you will know :D

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider

@jsg said:

@LTniger said:
    Provider left his customers floating... Not good, not good at all

Added a plural 's'. I'm just one but there are others, too.

And yes, still no reaction whatsoever from @HostSailor.

Hello @jsg based on your reported thread we needed time to investigate the entire issue, so before we post any replies in your favor or ours we need to make sure we have the right answers based on the findings we have, please allow us time to check on this and come back to you as soon as.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • AMXRTAMXRT Member

Previous discussion:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/167550/hostsailor-false-advertisements

This provider proved themselves as unreliable in the past and apparently things haven't improved. One of those providers that don't even know what are they doing in this industry.

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider

Hi, jsg,
    We received your ticket ID over DM here and we have found that our team already updated your ticket a few minutes after you opened it - Regarding the BW issue, The problem is from SolusVM itself, not HostSailor and they already working on it-
    but let me clarify what you have mentioned above, First: The login issue, sometimes it happens because of Captcha, sometimes it takes a few seconds to log in successfully, but we understand, you were upset so you didn't take it easy.
    Second: about our LiveChat agent, he was trying to help you, They are there to help, He asked you to provide a screenshot to know if it is something he could handle or it's something related to our support team, again, we do understand that you were upset.
    we do accept your objection, you deserve a good service because you have chosen us as a provider, and we believe that you didn't decide to purchase from HostSailor randomly, We respect our customers, We provide 24/7 support even if you purchased a $1 server and we do our best to keep our customers satisfied.
    problems happen and it's a fact because we are dealing with machines and humans.
    last: HostSailor is providing its services since 2014, we are serving thousands of customers around the world so we/thousands of our customers do believe that HostSailor is not ignorant, incapable, or stupid.

kind regards

Thanked by 2skorupion kheng86