Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS in US

Minimum requirements:

• KVM or similar, so I could install FreeBSD
  • 1GB Memory
  • 10GB+ of storage
  • 1TB transfer

Comments

• @seriesn NexusBytes.com will treat you well. Also @francisco Buyvm.net is great. FYI Buy vm typically restocks on 1st and 7th but you may get lucky the rest of the month.

Another choice is oracle cloud where you can get 2 free vm's (don't know if they have FreeBSD - you can check though). They often require a credit card for verification for account set up - some people on LET get offended by that.

Thanked by 2seriesn Francisco
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We have some incredible AMD Ryzen VPS with NVMe storage here: https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/ryzen-vps-specials-w-nvme

Thanked by 2nyamenk Ganonk
  • @DataGizmos said:
    @seriesn NexusBytes.com will treat you well. Also @francisco Buyvm.net is great. FYI Buy vm typically restocks on 1st and 7th but you may get lucky the rest of the month.

Another choice is oracle cloud where you can get 2 free vm's (don't know if they have FreeBSD - you can check though). They often require a credit card for verification for account set up - some people on LET get offended by that.

Thanks for the kind mention fam!

@vasechka join the family (https://nexusbytes.com). Bsd works, so does ipv6 :)

Thanked by 1hotlineservers
  • @seriesn joined. let's see how it will go ;-)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @vasechka said:
    @seriesn joined. let's see how it will go ;-)

Welcome to the family <3. Hopefully goes solid <3

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • @vasechka said:
    Minimum requirements:

• 1GB Memory
    • 10GB+ of storage
    • 1TB transfer

We offer NVMe storage based KVM. You can install any OS by mounting the ISO.

2 GB Memory
    1 CPU Core
    20 GB NVMe SSD Storage
    1 IPv4 address
    /64 IPv6 address
    10 Gbps uplink
    $42/year

You can get more cores and memory for almost similar price by using lifetime coupon posted on LET.

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

We have NVMe KVM as well in Las Vegas and Miami, FL. We're running a promotion right now discounting our 1GB RAM plan to $17.99/yr:

NVME-KVM-1024.
    1024MB RAM.
    12GB NVMe Disk Space.
    4TB Bandwidth.
    1 CPU Core.
    1 IPv4.
    /64 IPv6 Subnet.
    KVM Virtualization / SolusVM
    Las Vegas, NV and Miami, FL
    PROMOCODE: MARCH40.

​$17.99/year - Order Now Las Vegas
    ​$17.99/year - Order Now Miami, FL

This will only be available for the month of March to kick off our Monthly Special Deals. We'll get FreeBSD uploaded for you as well, just send us a link to the ISO you need

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@vasechka said:
    Minimum requirements:

• 1GB Memory
    • 10GB+ of storage
    • 1TB transfer

We can offer the following in Los Angeles, Dallas or Florida location, let us know:

@hostnamaste said: 1) KVM-1024 VPS at only $25/year

1024MB RAM
    1024MB vSWAP
    30GB Storage
    1024GB Bandwidth
    1 x CPU Cores
    1 x IPv4 Address
    1 x IPv6 Address
    Complete Root/SSH Access
    KVM + SolusVM Panel Access
    PTR/rDNS Supported
    Multiple Operating Systems
    USA and France, Europe Locations
    $25/year
    ORDER NOW

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • @vasechka said:
    Minimum requirements:

• 1GB Memory
    • 10GB+ of storage
    • 1TB transfer

We can do this, and we're currently doing a 30% off sale. Check out https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170319/spearware-networks-affordable-vps-in-tampa-fl-30-off-all-services. You'll have to installl FreeBSD from an ISO, but it should work fine.

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
  • RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Kindly visit https://radwebhosting.com/client_area/cart.php?gid=23 to find our current offer of 50% off all KVM VPS servers.

Upload any img/iso you wish to install!

• @seriesn joined. let's see how it will go ;-)

Welcome to the family . Hopefully goes solid

Nope, it didn't go well.

• @vasechka said:

Nope, it didn't go well.

Damn :/

• @vasechka said:

Nope, it didn't go well.

Damn, that's crazy. Let me know if we can be of any help. The 30% off sale is still going on.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@vasechka Is there a location that you are looking for? What didn't work for you with NexusBytes?

• Is there a location that you are looking for?

Not anymore, selected different larger provider, non-US this time.

What didn't work for you with NexusBytes?

Maintenance window on Saturday evening which promised maximum 30 minutes downtime, but ended up 2+ hours, with system unable to boot after "maintenance". This in addition to slow as hell control panel (to boot, shutdown, restart system it took about a minute). Enable VNC would require complete shutdown of the system, change VNC password requires full shutdown of the system. And many more tiny bits here or there.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@vasechka said:
    Enable VNC would require complete shutdown of the system, change VNC password requires full shutdown of the system.

I haven't used NexusBytes VPS yet, although I plan to when I reach 269 videos.

I don't know which control panel they use.
    From what I remember, both SolusVM and Virtualizor require the VPS to be powered off and powered on again for any configuration change to take effect.
    This is not a defect of the provider.

@vasechka said:
    This in addition to slow as hell control panel (to boot, shutdown, restart system it took about a minute).

One minute for a restart is reasonable expectation for KVM, especially those with larger RAM.
    How much time are you expecting?

OpenVZ restart is faster because it doesn't need to boot the kernel, detect hardware, check for filesystem errors, wait for DHCP, etc.

@vasechka said:
    Maintenance window on Saturday evening which promised maximum 30 minutes downtime, but ended up 2+ hours, with system unable to boot after "maintenance".

Now this is a valid concern.
    Ask @seriesn to do a few push-ups for you as compensation of lost service time.

• Thanks for the feedback boss. Appreciate it.

Maintenance window on Saturday evening which promised maximum 30 minutes downtime, but ended up 2+ hours, with system unable to boot after "maintenance".

Unfortunately for some of the nodes, maintenance didn't go as planned, resulting in missing lvms. So we needed to roll back and restore from backup. Which is the reason behind delay.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. We hate downtime as much as you and seeing fleet nodes down isn't a fun sight to see :(

This in addition to slow as hell control panel (to boot, shutdown, restart system it took about a minute). Enable VNC would require complete shutdown of the system, change VNC password requires full shutdown of the system. And many more tiny bits here or there.

All these are limitation of the virtualization technology boss. Nothing that anyone can do different :/. Sadly that's how QEMU (KVM) works :(