Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's going on with HostSailor? VPS suspended multiple times a day.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's going on with HostSailor? VPS suspended multiple times a day.

gdarkogdarko Member

I bought a VPS that was on promo to run my ZNC. It was working fine until recently. Few times a day i am getting email:

_This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. _

I have to message them to unsuspend the VPS so I can login again and turn on the service

This is frustrating, anyone with similar experience?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

My first guess is a threshold based automation. On X event trigger suspension. Did you ask them what causes it?

• LeeLee Veteran

If you have to message them to get it unsuspended each time, are you asking them why it is happening in the message?

• Jesus, how many times has this happened and you haven't asked or been told the reason why? It's interesting they keep unsuspending it (like a known issue or something). I'm sure it's annoying to them, too.

• pwnedpwned Member
    edited March 2021

Mine went down this morning: "Suspension Reason: Bandwidth Overusage". I was at less than 1% of quota. Opened a ticket. Back up in minutes with an explanation: "bug with the bandwidth calculation tool", and a bit more on followup: "We are in touch with SolusVM support to apply patches and fix this bug."

Maybe the same with your service?

(This is a $1/month black friday/Christmas deal, and it's been fine otherwise. No complaints and all my tickets have been answered quickly and competently.)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I had the same thing, the bandwidth overage suspension when I was using maybe 2% of what the plan includes. Turned out to be some bug with their Solus setup or something - they fixed it after a quick ticket

• Yes one of my bad experience was, I had file transfered on vps, it was DMCA and they asked me to remove and which I did immediately, I still got notifications for 2 weeks about file removal. I also dropped them message that file was removed,please don't send me repeated messages and check if something more is to be done.

At thd end of 2nd week - Tada - "Vps suspended".

Since then I gave never bought vps with them.

• @pwned said:
    Mine went down this morning: "Suspension Reason: Bandwidth Overusage". I was at less than 1% of quota. Opened a ticket. Back up in minutes with an explanation: "bug with the bandwidth calculation tool", and a bit more on followup: "We are in touch with SolusVM support to apply patches and fix this bug."

Maybe the same with your service?

(This is a $1/month black friday/Christmas deal, and it's been fine otherwise. No complaints and all my tickets have been answered quickly and competently.)

They need to disable automatic suspensions, obviously.

• Suspension Reason: Bandwidth Overusage

• They just keep replying it is a bug.
  • coldcold Member

they said that they have a bug in the Bandwidth calculator, but it's fixed now...

• JarryJarry Member

This happened to me so many times I got frustrated and cancelled. They have some crazy script that turns VPS off without even noticing what resources I was over-using (with my idle vps runnig no service). Whenever I asked what the problem was, they could not give me any answer...

• titustitus Member

One of my VM with HostSailor is also suspended with the same reason ('bandwidth overusage') - wile I not 'overused' it. After that I opened a support ticket, they solved it really fast (restored my VM). Received the same answer about the bug with the "bandwidth calculation tool". I hope it will not a 'recurring problem'. But.. I'm little worry when I read this thread.

• @gdarko said:
    Suspension Reason: Bandwidth Overusage

• They just keep replying it is a bug.

You can ask them for a bandwidth monitoring tool if that is the issue. If the bug is not removed every other VMs will start getting suspended automatically.

Alternatively if the situation is only with your VM, then you can ask them if rebuilding your server will resolve the issue.

• Happened to me as well on their OpenVZ6 nodes with the same answer...

Seems like they know about the problem, but instead of fixing it just keeps on unsuspending the VMs.